Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (91 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's the same as Everton getting Stones for £3 million....how much would Juve want for Rugani now ???
I'm comparing the arrival of two top defensive prospects at top clubs, seeing the difference between how City operate and how Juve do. We got in early with Empoli and tied up the co-ownership deal, and then got a steal on him for €3.5m for the remaining half (so his value was €7m total) when he was the best defender in Serie B aged 19.

I don't know what his valuation is now. Maybe €30m, €35m? Stones' realistically isn't any more than that, but how do you judge the market? Premier League teams are being forced to pay 30-40% more for players and seem glad to do it. They aren't buying better just spending more.

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic Banega replacement :tup: Finally playing in a relevant team instead of switching between Bundesliga relegated teams.
He plays a more advanced and sometimes wider position than Banega, but will have some playmaker duties.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
I'm comparing the arrival of two top defensive prospects at top clubs, seeing the difference between how City operate and how Juve do. We got in early with Empoli and tied up the co-ownership deal, and then got a steal on him for €3.5m for the remaining half (so his value was €7m total) when he was the best defender in Serie B aged 19.

I don't know what his valuation is now. Maybe €30m, €35m? Stones' realistically isn't any more than that, but how do you judge the market? Premier League teams are being forced to pay 30-40% more for players and seem glad to do it. They aren't buying better just spending more.

- - - Updated - - -
Spot on mate, and City/Chelsea etc could have actually bothered to scout Stones and got him years ago.

With the amount of money they have, makes them lazy, they are not that bothered about getting Stones for £3.5 million.

Why when they can let the smaller clubs develop them, maybe if we had the part ownership in England they would have made more of an effort.

Rugani is a better defender than Stones currently, I would say.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Spot on mate, and City/Chelsea etc could have actually bothered to scout Stones and got him years ago.

With the amount of money they have, makes them lazy, they are not that bothered about getting Stones for £3.5 million.

Why when they can let the smaller clubs develop them, maybe if we had the part ownership in England they would have made more of an effort.

Rugani is a better defender than Stones currently, I would say.
Both way too raw, but I think Rugani has more potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)