Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (39 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
"In the past two years, Giroud has amassed 36 goals in 54 matches (4836 minutes) against the best in the world (EPL plus Champions League)."

:howler:

It’s really not that much of a difference, especially when considering the competition. Serie A is no Premier League and it is certainly no Champions League. Which, by the way, Higuain has not been in Champions League play since 2013.

:howler::howler:

Yeah Hellas Verona didn't win the scudetto.

"There are no Frosinone’s in England to pad the stats with."

:howler::howler::howler:

Higuain would stuggle on a rainy afternoon in Aston Villa. A club that allowed 76 goals. Same amount as Frosinone.
I hope this was an intentional recreation of the quote about Messi...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Can you imagine what it's like to be a fan of Man City or Chelsea?

Every year considering yourself as a contender for the Champions League and the league, then by the end of it you miss out on one or both and you ask yourself what happened. Then the cycle repeats.

We, on the other hand, have turned ourselves from a disaster into a genuine Champions League contender in five years. We've been methodical and ambitious and we've bloody well just gotten it done. Do players like Aguero and Martial really believe that they're going to win a Champions League where they are?

- - - Updated - - -

Even Atletico Madrid or Paris Saint Germain. Clubs that are expected quarter finalists but never seem to be ready to take the next step up.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Atletico has been in two CL finals the past three years, and a La Liga title too.

They are on the next level.
I have a feeling that Atletico's era is over. Simeone will look to leave soon IMO, and they cant continue to keep surprising people and punching above their weight forever. That last CL final loss will knock the stuffing out of them for a while.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I have a feeling that Atletico's era is over. Simeone will look to leave soon IMO, and they cant continue to keep surprising people and punching above their weight forever. That last CL final loss will knock the stuffing out of them for a while.
I would've agreed with this statements two years ago, when they lost Costa & Courtois among others, but they've shown that they can remain extremely competitive while losing key players, so I don't think they'll suffer while not losing any (looks likely this window).

If Simeone leaves, that's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)