No january transfer! (5 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juve target Barzagli
Thursday 28 December, 2006
Reports from Italy suggest that Juventus may be lining up a move for Azzurri stopper Andrea Barzagli.

The Bianconeri already have the meanest defence in Serie B – having only conceded eight times in 17 outings – but that doesn’t seem to be enough for ambitious Coach Didier Deschamps.

It is thought that the French tactician won’t keep faith with the defensive partnership of Robert Kovac and Jean-Alain Boumsong should the Old Lady find themselves back in the top flight.

Barzagli has regularly been linked with a move away from Palermo, but continues to impress in Sicily where he is a fans’ favourite. However, he may be lured to Turin as Deschamps builds a side to reclaim top spot in Serie A.

It has been suggested that the deal may be a part-exchange involving Juve-owned forward Fabrizio Miccoli, who is currently on loan with Benfica.

Although Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini is reluctant to release Barzagli, the Rosanero need to replace injured striker Amauri and were watching Miccoli in pre-season.

Another option that has been suggested would see Juve trade Miccoli for Brazilian defender Luisao of Benfica. Interestingly, the 25-year old started his career at Atletico Juventus in Brazil’s third tier.

It remains unclear whether any move will take place in January or June, but the Bianconeri’s collapse against lowly Arezzo last Friday may have set the wheels in motion.
Barzagli would be awesome.

Get him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
anyway it would not be ass good to bring new players in the january transfer,they would have to adapt too quickly

i didnt really mind if we didnt buy someone yet but in the summer

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
exactly we have just come out of a massive financial blow and we will need more time that just a month to buy and get stronger in both foothall and financial aspects

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Didier Deschamps believes that Juventus cannot afford to sell any of their key players if they want to be competitive in Serie A.

The Bianconeri are currently plotting their top-flight return after their demotion last summer, but several players have threatened to leave in June if the management does not guarantee that the squad will be strengthened.

“If we want to return to being competitive, we must first of all keep our key men,” said Coach Deschamps to Studio Sport.

“From a financial point of view it is impossible to rebuild last year’s side in only two months. January’s transfer window anticipates what we will do for the next season in the summer.

“In any case it is important for me that this team and this defence do well in Serie B – we will worry about Serie A later on. There are still 25 matches to play.”

Deschamps then moved on to comment on the latest reports suggesting Valeri Bojinov could move during the January market.

“I haven’t spoken with him yet, but he is a young player who must mature and grow. If he is here it definitely means that I consider him worthy of playing for Juve.

“I only try to make the right choices for the team, but it is normal that I can sometimes make mistakes,” concluded Deschamps.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan4i.html

Doesnt that mean that we will be making moves in january? i agree that we wont be able to rebuild the squad in just the summer transfer market, there will be so much going on with camo, buffon and treze's future in doubt and nedveds maybe retirement

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Crap crap crap! Stop with this bullshit, shall we. We don't know how it's all going to pan out. And even then Cobolli Gigli is no magician, our club is at an alltime low. To be honest it's kind of foolish for us fans and Mr. Buffon to beleive that a Serie B promovendus can except to be Serie A champions next season. We can aim for it, but it's not a realistic aim.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Crap crap crap! Stop with this bullshit, shall we. We don't know how it's all going to pan out. And even then Cobolli Gigli is no magician, our club is at an alltime low. To be honest it's kind of foolish for us fans and Mr. Buffon to beleive that a Serie B promovendus can except to be Serie A champions next season. We can aim for it, but it's not a realistic aim.
yes exactly :tup:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Crap crap crap! Stop with this bullshit, shall we. We don't know how it's all going to pan out. And even then Cobolli Gigli is no magician, our club is at an alltime low. To be honest it's kind of foolish for us fans and Mr. Buffon to beleive that a Serie B promovendus can except to be champions. We can aim for it, but it's not a realistic aim.
That's not a good approach though. Even if everyone is aware of the fact, the purpose is to be title contenders and the planning should be that too. So if the board want to close and eye on that and act like "fegisar" (cowards in Swedish) and apologise here and there and declare that they are a weak team and can't afford reinforcements, then I totally agree with Buffon's threats (even though they have become abundant)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)