Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
A lot actually... Serious injured, random personality, smoking, NT problems... he's a big risk so the price should be according to that considering of course how talent he is
National team problems were a long time ago, he plays well on the pitch that should be our biggest concern.

He can join Tek and Gigi in puffing on some cigarettes

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
So does everyone's favorite midget Koala Vulture hybrid. Platini also used to smoke when he was still playing. Buffon smoke too. I'm against the concept, but if they can peform, so be it. One of my best buddies is a fitness and conditioning coach and guess what? He smokes too.
Yes coach, so is Sarri.

Jun 16, 2020
National team problems were a long time ago, he plays well on the pitch that should be our biggest concern.

Roma also missing some strong personalities. Only Kolarov and Dzeko have strong personalities, but Florenzi was a absolute joke as capitano compared to De Rossi and Totti.

At least we’ve guys as Buffon, Chiellini, Ronaldo, but also guys who gets less recognition as Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bonucci, Dybala, who are less leaders but very professional. Our youngsters Demiral, De Ligt and Kulusevski seem to be very focused. The dynamics are very different at Juventus. Even Nedved, Paratici and Agnelli are often praised to stand very close to the team. Big difference where Zaniolo at young age already is considered as the most important player at Roma.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: Let's pass on Zaniolo and bring in the apex predator Chiesa. While we're at it, let's add Fagjinho and Plumberson Failieri for a stellar mercato befitting of a European giant with ambitions of lifting that coveted CL trophy.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

He's an outfielder player so there's a huge difference in that. In modern football, it doesn't matter how technical and skilful are the player, if they are out of form, they are eating alive easily

Lolzilian used to last till lates 20's, now they hardly get to 25-26 if they act like fraternity dudes all the time.

Obviously I want Zaniolo here but for the right price

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
To be fair, everyone in Italy smokes

I mean EVERYONE. Including pets. At least they did the last time I was there, which was back in 2009.
In his age group, yeah. In fact males under 50 it's pretty high, but compared to some European countries Italy is not that bad.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't care that he smokes. I still wanted Verratti when we learned he smoked a lot, doesn't really matter to me to be honest. I'm more worried about his knee :p

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Which European countries you mean? I also noticed smoking is very popular in Italy in basically every age group, both male and female.
Places from recent memory in my experience were central Europe (Hungary, Czech, Slovakia), and I've also experienced it more in Greece, Cyprus and Turkey. Living in the UK I can also tell you that Albanians and Kosovans smoke a lot. Everywhere also tends to be highest in guys under 50, especially under 40, whether that is a peer pressure thing I don't know.

I'm interested to see, had a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita

Holy shit Andorra and Luxembourg :shocked:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I think that there is a clause in players' contracts that they can't be smoking. Makes sense that if they are going to get paid millions, then the employer is justified to demand that they don’t smoke.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Based on what do you say this? Or you have hamster memory?
Just because in less than 12 months he was excluded from the Azzurini because he came too late to team meetings during an absolute crucial match, his club coach publicly criticized him because of his lack of work rate during a match, had a bust-up with team mates after a match and now is caught smoking.

Seems to always be in the news for all the wrong reasons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)