Nicolò Fagioli (23 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
imo he's doing exceptional for his first season in top flight. 18 or 22, he's still taking a significant step in terms of competition and fairing very well all things considering. not sure what his ceiling is yet.

besides plenty of players who break out in their teens expire faster, Raul, Fabregas, Rooney, F.Torres and others who were regular starters by age 18 play like they're in their mid-thirties when they're 28-29, the physical and mental resources of a footballer more often than not are limited.

Jun 16, 2020
Hopefully you guys understand my frustrations and posts the years prior to this season. Yes, he was younger and less developed and indeed a loan at Cremonese did him well, but I still believe that he could have very useful cameo’s already under Pirlo.

What’s the best G/A any midfielder had post 2018?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
imo he's doing exceptional for his first season in top flight. 18 or 22, he's still taking a significant step in terms of competition and fairing very well all things considering. not sure what his ceiling is yet.

besides plenty of players who break out in their teens expire faster, Raul, Fabregas, Rooney, F.Torres and others who were regular starters by age 18 play like they're in their mid-thirties when they're 28-29, the physical and mental resources of a footballer more often than not are limited.
he’s the best player this system has produced since Marchisio, who coincidentally didn’t make his full season senior debut until he was 22 (and he turned 23 during the season)

Fagioli is on a great trajectory. If he stays relatively fit he can be a fixture at Juve for the next decade plus. I don’t see him ever leaving voluntarily, he’s a true juventino and should start getting marketed more by the club. He’s got star qualities on and off the field.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Hopefully you guys understand my frustrations and posts the years prior to this season. Yes, he was younger and less developed and indeed a loan at Cremonese did him well, but I still believe that he could have very useful cameo’s already under Pirlo.

While I understand to a degree, the point is that a young player like him doesn't NEED a "cameo under Pirlo." He needed full starting minutes. And he got that. And he wasn't ready to get that here, even thoughh his potential was obvious.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Talking central midfielders here, and I'm excluding guys like Berna or Kulusevski:
Pjanic's 12 G/A in 2018/19 is the best G/A of any Juve midfielder post 2018, but Fagioli's 1 G/A in 204 minutes is a better ratio than Pjanic's from that season.
The G/A records of our other midfielders post 2018 are shameless and do not even deserve a mention.

Aug 2, 2005
I have seen many mistakes to question the hype over Fagioli

Some stupid back passes.
Losing possession for counters.
Less creativity.
Not so impressive individual skills.

Maybe it is just part of the learning curve
But again. Considering that He is 22.. not 18.. he should be an undisputed starter to be called Juve Material (not saying that Mckiene was better, not at all)

I am On Allen's bandwagon

From now on
I won't jump on the train of any player above 18 that is not been called to his NT.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I have seen many mistakes to question the hype over Fagioli

Some stupid back passes.
Losing possession for counters.
Less creativity.
Not so impressive individual skills.

Maybe it is just part of the learning curve
But again. Considering that He is 22.. not 18.. he should be an undisputed starter to be called Juve Material (not saying that Mckiene was better, not at all)

I am On Allen's bandwagon

From now on
I won't jump on the train of any player above 18 that is not been called to his NT.
that's his first season in a top flight. age is just a number, look at what kean became after being promoted to the first team before he was 18. also look at drogba at 22, there are plenty of late bloomers.

fagioli is no world class material, but potentially the best homegrown midfielder since marchisio. again, considering that this is his 1st senior year he's doing more than fine

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
that's his first season in a top flight. age is just a number, look at what kean became after being promoted to the first team before he was 18. also look at drogba at 22, there are plenty of late bloomers.

fagioli is no world class material, but potentially the best homegrown midfielder since marchisio. again, considering that this is his 1st senior year he's doing more than fine
How dare you! :angrymob:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
exactly Kean made his debut at what 16? And he’s barely progressed since then. Age is so overrated in the context of development.

btw Fagioli will still be 22 for half of next season.
kean was a physical beast compared to his fellow teenagers, that's why he was such a sensation a. few years ago. if he was from ghana or zimbabwe everyone wanted to see his birth certificate lol

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

I saw him for the first time in his first Pirlo game. Instantly i knew he was something else.

Lets hope he have a long career here.-

- - - Updated - - -

I think most of us on this forum do see him as an undisputed starter. Allegri has taken some convincing but even he appears to be coming round finally
I cant wait to see him under an experienced coach who can take us to the next level. He will improve a lot.

The good thing about him being mentored by the dinosaur, is that he is learning the defensive phase of the game.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Keep playing him for sure, but he's not mature enough to play regista, heck even loca ain't
I’d like to see Locatelli in his Sassuolo role as a CDM who is also responsible for taking the ball and progressing it forward, but not in the Pirlo/Pjanic regista sense of controlling and dictating the entire tempo of the game.

Give me:

Locatelli-Rabiot
Fagioli
AdM-Vlahovic-Chiesa​

Replace Rabiot with Rovella next year if we’re broke, or sign a top CM to play beside Locatelli if we aren’t.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I’d like to see Locatelli in his Sassuolo role as a CDM who is also responsible for taking the ball and progressing it forward, but not in the Pirlo/Pjanic regista sense of controlling and dictating the entire tempo of the game.

Give me:

Locatelli-Rabiot
Fagioli
AdM-Vlahovic-Chiesa​

Replace Rabiot with Rovella next year if we’re broke, or sign a top CM to play beside Locatelli if we aren’t.
No Fagiot. The French Faggot can fuck off already. Otherwise, I like your lineup. We definitely need another experienced head in there though. If Blogba can regain form and stay healthy (big if), we'd have a very decent midfield with he and Locatelli anchoring the middle, supported by Rovella, Fagioli, Miretti, and a new signing. Perhaps Miretti needs to go out on loan, but then we'd probably need two more bodies in midfield. Parepiss, McNuggets, Zak, and Fagiot can go wherever, although Zak could still be useful under another coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)