Nicolò Fagioli (32 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
would be very disappointed if he's not our starting LCM the new seaon before Pogba come back. This kid is ready.
Well he has the chance now unless we get SMS.
I think it would be better for him to be in rotation rather than just be a pure starter. He is young and inexperienced in Serie A - He will grow better with guidance and without the extra pressure of a pure starter

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
If Rovella and Fagioli were so ready even last season and improved over the course of it and people obviously believe in them so much (me included), why all this drama that the team is bad if we have two young players that are so ready they could've played here last season?

Shouldn't there be excitement then?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If Rovella and Fagioli were so ready even last season and improved over the course of it and people obviously believe in them so much (me included), why all this drama that the team is bad if we have two young players that are so ready they could've played here last season?

Shouldn't there be excitement then?
There would be excitement at any other club that actually has a history of youth development and using them. This club is not that profile.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He and Rovella gonna be big. Trust me
Honestly I watched some of Rovella (both last season and also highlights of this friendly tour) - He is very promising and seems like a good young player. He can definitely be of use.
I`d put Fagioli above him in the pecking order but its more about Fagioli that is super promising rather than Rovella being not good enough.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
There would be excitement at any other club that actually has a history of youth development and using them. This club is not that profile.
This club has a very good history of developing talents that were good enough. I would like to hear the names of all these talents that were ready and the club ruined instead please.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well he has the chance now unless we get SMS.
I think it would be better for him to be in rotation rather than just be a pure starter. He is young and inexperienced in Serie A - He will grow better with guidance and without the extra pressure of a pure starter
I really hate this line of thinking. He can obviously hold his own. Give him on the job training and start him until Pogba is fit (if ever) again.

the “inexperienced in Serie A” argument kills me. Everyone is inexperienced until they aren’t. That happens by playing.

- - - Updated - - -

This club has a very good history of developing talents that were good enough. I would like to hear the names of all these talents that were ready and the club ruined instead please.
The last youth player we developed and actually became a “thing” here was Marchisio. Sure we might buy youth players elsewhere but we really don’t develop and use our own.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
The last youth player we developed and actually became a “thing” here was Marchisio. Sure we might buy youth players elsewhere but we really don’t develop and use our own.
OK then please give me the names of our young players we failed to develop that became great elsewhere?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
OK then please give me the names of our young players we failed to develop that became great elsewhere?
How can I give you names of players that were never developed and haven’t existed because we haven’t created them LOL

- - - Updated - - -

You find me that telepathic power and we go buy some lottery tickets

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
How can I give you names of players that were never developed and haven’t existed because we haven’t created them LOL

- - - Updated - - -

You find me that telepathic power and we go buy some lottery tickets
Then it's a bullshit argument. Good players develop elsewhere, you cannot just use a blanket statement and pretend Paro, Giovinco, De Ceglie, Palladino etc. were good enough but the club failed to develop them.

You don't make a pie out of shit.

Reality is the club never emphasized youth development that much. We took younger players from other clubs and developed them alongside established champions we had, but we also never had generational talents in our youth teams that the club didn't give a proper chance to and they went elsewhere to develop.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Then it's a bullshit argument. Good players develop elsewhere, you cannot just use a blanket statement and pretend Paro, Giovinco, De Ceglie, Palladino etc. were good enough but the club failed to develop them.

Reality is the club never emphasized youth development that much. We took younger players from other clubs and developed them alongside established champions we had, but we also never had generational talents in our youth teams that the club didn't give a proper chance to and they went elsewhere to develop.
Oh I see you’re trolling :tup:

Jun 16, 2020

Almost traditionally we used to buy good players in Serie A and turn them into world class players

Not sure if youth development in her purest form ever existed here

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Is there any big club around that consistently developes youth players instead of buying either already developed great player or poaching young player with potential?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
This

- - - Updated - - -

Which is what I literally told him lol
No, you said the club does not develop good talents, but there is nothing to develop if there aren't any.

No big club other than maybe Barca focuses on this. They spend money on other club's talents mostly and if they have a generational one in their ranks they develop him, just as Juve did. Doesn't mean they don't know how to develop their own.

Which is what you said to my initial Fagioli excitement comment. There is no excitement because the club apparently doesn't know how to do it

Jun 16, 2020
No, you said the club does not develop good talents, but there is nothing to develop if there aren't any.

No big club other than maybe Barca focuses on this. They spend money on other club's talents mostly and if they have a generational one in their ranks they develop him, just as Juve did. Doesn't mean they don't know how to develop their own.

Which is what you said to my initial Fagioli excitement comment. There is no excitement because the club apparently doesn't know how to do it
Real Madrid has a great streak aswel, don’t forget that guys like Hakimi, Carvajal, Vazquez, Fernandez, Morata etc all are from their academy. And I’m probably forgetting many names

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Real Madrid has a great streak aswel, don’t forget that guys like Hakimi, Carvajal, Vazquez, Fernandez, Morata etc all are from their academy. And I’m probably forgetting many names
The only guy that stayed and developed there was Vazquez. He spent one year on loan and stayed with Zidane.

Others were all sold first and bought back after developing elsewhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 20)