Nicolò Fagioli (40 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Happy Birthday Beans

2 goals and 2 assists; makes everyone around him better and the ball moves quickly when he's on the pitch; we play with more purpose and there is more thrust and forward progression, and yet he still doesn't get more minutes. Failegri at it again with his mind boggling BS decision making.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Happy Birthday Beans

2 goals and 2 assists; makes everyone around him better and the ball moves quickly when he's on the pitch; we play with more purpose and there is more thrust and forward progression, and yet he still doesn't get more minutes. Failegri at it again with his mind boggling BS decision making.
2 goals and 2 assists doesnt sound like much, but then you realise that Alllegri has given the guy 6 starts in 22 rounds..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Whoa, whoa, whoa... this guy is 22?
I was excited because I thought he was like 17 or 18. He's showing a lot of (forgivable) weaknesses typical for a teenager footballer, but not for a 22 year old. I remember our very own Pogba at 22. That was a whole different level quality wise.

We are in a pathetic situation if Juve fans are excited about an ok-ish 22 years old midfielder.

Jun 16, 2020
I was excited because I thought he was like 17 or 18. He's showing a lot of (forgivable) weaknesses typical for a teenager footballer, but not for a 22 year old. I remember our very own Pogba at 22. That was a whole different level quality wise.

We are in a pathetic situation if Juve fans are excited about an ok-ish 22 years old midfielder.
Its not that old? Not every midfielder has to be great at 19. Im sure if we going to compare him with other midfielders at 22 we'd find many great players who were very unknown at 22

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Its not that old? Not every midfielder has to be great at 19. Im sure if we going to compare him with other midfielders at 22 we'd find many great players who were very unknown at 22
We will find many of them, I agree. He can still become an excellent midfielder, like some other midfielders who weren't that successful at 22 but made it later in their career (Barella is the latest example).
Just that I thought he was around 18, and I though we are having something with huge potential here.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
We will find many of them, I agree. He can still become an excellent midfielder, like some other midfielders who weren't that successful at 22 but made it later in their career (Barella is the latest example).
Just that I thought he was around 18, and I though we are having something with huge potential here.
Did you rate Modric highly at 22 years of age?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

That worked out great for Pogba

Aug 12, 2015

I was also surprised when I saw that he is already 22.
If you compare him to Foden, Pedri, Musiala, Gavi or Camavinga, than he is far away from world class.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Hopefully he continues to be the anti-Pogba and grows into being a great midfielder rather than regress to a dab-ho
22 is like 17 in Italian years
I do get what Alen means though. Yesterday when he was easily muscled off the ball I thought that's fine, since he's young and once he spends some time in the gym he'll be stronger and be able to hold his own physically as well. That's the same thought I have when Miretti is out muscled even though he's a good 3 years younger. Maybe because after a long time we have a handful of players coming up from the youth team that everyone seems the same age to me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)