Nicolò Fagioli (33 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
We missed out on Verratti 10 years ago and now we have a similar player coming from the academy.

Should be somewhere in 2019 that I first saw him playing in a midfield with Ahamada and Ranocchia, one of the few players where you could immediately see that he was above average due to his vision and touch. Became a real pleasure following his career. Hopefully he does indeed become one of our key players for the next 10 years.

Still though looking back, it remains sad that he was benched a full season under Pirlo and had to wait moths before getting a real chance with Allegri. Could’ve boosted his progression ever more, hopefully we learn from that. Remember when we had many injuries on the midfield with Pirlo, and he somehow refused to play him whilst creating a strange midfield with Ramsey in a awkward role. Then a bit later when he should’ve gotten his chance he got sick and a season later we loaned him out on the last day of the mercato, can’t deny tho that his year at Cremonese was very important for his development. All things together it was very frustrating knowing that we lacked a midfielder with his characteristics for years

Jun 16, 2020
I mean...I do worry that's an accurate report of Allegri's favourites though

- - - Updated - - -

@U Picciriddu who is your ideal 11 with the whole squad available? Fagioli as a mezzala obviously, but who else?
Not a big fan of playing with 3 CBs but won’t deny that it can work to the benefit of the team, also don’t think that it’s the best system to use for European games. Personally I’d go for a 433, might go for a 433 with the point ‘forward’ playing Fagioli more as a AM. Wouldn’t mind if we switch a bit with a 3 CB formation depending on the game and the available players. You?

Chiesa - Vlahovic - Di Maria
Pogba - Loca - Fagioli
Kostic - Bremer - Danilo/Gatti - Cuads
Tek​

Would like to see more of Barbieri (and some other youngsters), Serie A are friendly games from now on so there should be room for it. Tbh in my opinion it’s quite clear who are the best 11, only the system that brings home the points and decent football is a puzzle Allegri has yet to figure out

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Tbh in my opinion it’s quite clear who are the best 11, only the system that brings home the points and decent football is a puzzle Allegri has yet to figure out
I think this says it all. When in doubt get your 11 best players on the pitch. Only weak spot in that 11 you posted (presuming Pogba and Di Maria are sufficiently motivated) is Cuadrado, but there really isn't another guy for that spot because we need Danilo at CB. I'd also have Perin in goals- im just sick of Wojtek tbh.

I'm hoping we can figure out how to get the best out of Locatelli and Kostic, they sort of don't fit with the rest of the squad but both have shown their quality in the past but not regularly enough with us.

Only guaranteed starters in the team are Chiesa, Danilo and Fagioli imo. Bremer should be our best CB but he's not quite shown his top form for us yet, and Milik is challenging Dusan for the starting CF spot.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The amazing thing is his first step on the pitch was an insane goal from the left side, which is logical since he's right footed and many teams use a right footed mezzala from that position precisely so he has the option to shoot. And he hasn't played a second there since and now even Pogba will get moved to the right to accommodate Adrien Rabiot. Just insane tactician at the helm.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
The amazing thing is his first step on the pitch was an insane goal from the left side, which is logical since he's right footed and many teams use a right footed mezzala from that position precisely so he has the option to shoot. And he hasn't played a second there since and now even Pogba will get moved to the right to accommodate Adrien Rabiot. Just insane tactician at the helm.
A Rabiot who is out of contract and who wouldn't even be here if his Mother hadn't scuttled his transfer to Manchester

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
A true footballing hipster!

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Journalism these days

the dream midfield includes a guy who hasnt been a fixture in the xi since he arrived? Lol ok

btw I do think Allegri is stupid enough to bench Fagioli. His spot in the xi shouldnt even be a question at this point, but alas

- - - Updated - - -

yeah LCM is literally Fagioli's best position lol and where he spent most of his time in Cremonese. But gotta make room for Rabiot! Cant survive without him!

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Not a big fan of playing with 3 CBs but won’t deny that it can work to the benefit of the team, also don’t think that it’s the best system to use for European games. Personally I’d go for a 433, might go for a 433 with the point ‘forward’ playing Fagioli more as a AM. Wouldn’t mind if we switch a bit with a 3 CB formation depending on the game and the available players. You?

Chiesa - Vlahovic - Di Maria
Pogba - Loca - Fagioli
Kostic - Bremer - Danilo/Gatti - Cuads
Tek​

Would like to see more of Barbieri (and some other youngsters), Serie A are friendly games from now on so there should be room for it. Tbh in my opinion it’s quite clear who are the best 11, only the system that brings home the points and decent football is a puzzle Allegri has yet to figure out
Quite clear he says and puts Polak in the lineup. :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)