Nicklas Bendtner - ST - Arsenal (8 Viewers)

Who would you rather sign?

• Bendtner

• Borriello

• I...I just can't

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
First of all how do you know all of them have affordable wages, when only Jojo would not instantly become a top earner at Juve. And second of all, those are - with the exception of Dzeko (who has a massive salary) - all protagonists at their teams and will not be let go easily... Hence why we can not compete in any bidding war for them or pay for their transfer sum anyway...

If no other top team wants them, we can get them, but not in any other scenario.
Higuain: Salary of 4m before a renewed contract at Real, second fiddle to Benz.
Suarez: Salary of 3.5m before a renewed contract at Pool, who aren't in the CL, and he had a massive racism row that we didn't capitalise on. Didn't Caceres even mention, Suarez asking about Juve as club?
Dzeko: Salary of 6m iirc, and willing to take a wage cut and wanting to move to Italy, directly contradicting Mancini's interviews saying he's too good for the bench. 4th choice, not a protagonist.
JoJo: salary of 1m, troubled Fiorentina, and never once signalled his intention to stay with them during the juve saga. Prade even said 30m and we'll talk, but we waited till the last week by which time dv had convinced him that they had a project built around him.

No other top team came looking for these guys. All of that will change next season.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Don't agree at all. There was a lot more dignity closing the mercato without panic buying. Just shows e rest of Europe how desperate we were. IMO Quag and Matri are mikes ahead of this guy, who in no way has improved the attack. If anything we are weaker than last year in the one department that we needed to strengthen. I fail to see any positive in this signing. And the highlight of it is, the player doesn't even fit the archetype describe by Marrotta as one whose not a bad boy. This move is so desperate, Marrotta contradicted the one code he has stood by in his tenure here. If all the moves had failed as they did, and Marrotta was aware of that, then it should've never come to this. We should've signed Berbatov or Adbeyaor amd closed our market when they were available, instead of waiting to scrap with Fiorentina, and Siena. Fucking Siena. Absolutely no dignity left. We started the mercato needing an LwB and CF and ended it in the same way. What an epic fucking failure.

Now you are overreacting, we are not weaker in attack, now we have Giovinco who will be used more than Del Piero and who is capable to every game, and also we got Bendtner as a Borriello replacement. Bendtner is signed on loan and I'm sure that he is signed as a backup. He is only 24, and cheaper than the likes of Pazzini and Borriello. Ofcourse I'm disappointed, as I really expected a top player to arrive, but we were unable to sign that player and instead to spend money on some striker who doesn't belong into that top player group, we decided to loan player and save money. I think it's a wise move, rather than spending money for the sake of spending.

Oh, and Bendnter is not a bad boy, he is kinda weird guy, but I don't remember any incident he had.

Suarez. JoJo. Higuain. Dzeko. All of them possible with the right approach, all affordable wages and all potential top player category.
Yeah, we could sign Suarez who just extended his contract with Pool.
Jovetic is also one we should have signed, especially after Fiorentina rejected our 30m offer.
Higuain, I heard he plays for Madrid reserves and can't wait to leave that club.
Dzeko, who cares that City doesn't want to let him leave, we should have kidnap him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Higuain: Salary of 4m before a renewed contract at Real, second fiddle to Benz.
Suarez: Salary of 3.5m before a renewed contract at Pool, who aren't in the CL, and he had a massive racism row that we didn't capitalise on. Didn't Caceres even mention, Suarez asking about Juve as club?
Dzeko: Salary of 6m iirc, and willing to take a wage cut and wanting to move to Italy, directly contradicting Mancini's interviews saying he's too good for the bench. 4th choice, not a protagonist.
JoJo: salary of 1m, troubled Fiorentina, and never once signalled his intention to stay with them during the juve saga. Prade even said 30m and we'll talk, but we waited till the last week by which time dv had convinced him that they had a project built around him.

No other top team came looking for these guys. All of that will change next season.
It's still a gross oversimplification. Maybe JoJo likes to live in Firenze and doesn't care about Torino. Maybe Dzeko has always dreamed about Milan and not Juventus and cannot see himself play for Juve. Perhaps Suarez is desperate to redeem himself in Liverpool. Higuain could be scared of having to speak Italian..

There are so many factors when it comes to a possible transfer and so many things we don't know shit about. Let's face facts: we don't have a clue of what is going on.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
People still defending Marotta because there was no movement of other clubs in strikers department. This is bullshit. We're not Siena or Viola merda to wait for someone to be available. We should have moved quicker and made more pressure on clubs we wanted our players from. No Cavani? Fine. No RvP? Fine. No Higuain? Fine as well. We could get Dzeko and nobody can deny that. It's just that Marotta was thinking he could get him for cheap.
If we had no money for a classy striker in the first place, why did we waste our time pursing them? What was for that plasma in already built house talk? Hell between the likes of Cavani, Higuain, or even Dzeko and the likes of Borriello or Bendther you could find other interesting players. Seriously I rate Destro, Hunter, Remy or even our own Immobile higher that Bendtner.
What I can't understand is the fact we prefer some Sunderland reject clown to our very own product I mean Immobile. The guy got 29 goals in 38 matches last season in Serie B. He's not that big deal but Bendtner is even less. I mean we're stacked in Cm yet there's some space for Marrone and Pogba. In attack there's much more space so why not to try our own player who dreams of coming back to Juve? I notice some lack of consistency in building our team.
Dzeko ?

city would ask 30 to 40 mil for him if they didnt buy a striker first

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Is Conte even had a say on this? While I don't think Bendtner isn't that bad at all, I don't think he's the type of player Conte would want; he's just too lazy in my opinion and he's not that gifted. Marotta had pulled a similar stunt last year with Elia and see what happened later. Thankfully it'll be just a loan (or at least that's what the articles told me).

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Good it's loan plus option.
if he's bad,he'll be gone.
if he's good and suprise us all,we buy him for cheap while he's still 24.

we COULD NOT sign Cavani,Suarez,Jovetic,RVP,Higuain,Dzeko,Llorente and even Berba and all those names,we did what we could.was not Juve's or Marotta's fault.
we couldn't do anything better...so be it.good luck Nicklas.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Good it's loan plus option.
if he's bad,he'll be gone.
if he's good and suprise us all,we buy him for cheap while he's still 24.

we COULD NOT sign Cavani,Suarez,Jovetic,RVP,Higuain,Dzeko,Llorente and even Berba and all those names,we did what we could.was not Juve's or Marotta's fault.
we couldn't do anything better...so be it.good luck Nicklas.
Maybe things will change next year, after another scudetto and a good CL competition. After all, for many people, we are "just back".

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Is Conte even had a say on this? While I don't think Bendtner isn't that bad at all, I don't think he's the type of player Conte would want; he's just too lazy in my opinion and he's not that gifted. Marotta had pulled a similar stunt last year with Elia and see what happened later. Thankfully it'll be just a loan (or at least that's what the articles told me).
conte has a track record of wanting a tank as forward ... just remember the boriello saga. he want's a striker who can bully and force his way into the penalty box and hold the ball up well.

let's just get this thing over with, sign bendtner and loan him to siena !

he looks like ted mosby in large

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Maybe things will change next year, after another scudetto and a good CL competition. After all, for many people, we are "just back".
Agree,we need to have a good run in Europe,and win the Scudetto again,and imo it will influence top players opinions to come and play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)