Nicklas Bendtner - ST - Arsenal (2 Viewers)

Who would you rather sign?

• Bendtner

• Borriello

• I...I just can't

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Pfff, what you guys call disrespectful, I call hilarious :D

Nah, honestly I couldn't care less about numbers. I don't even understand all the fuzz about it. But if it somehow manages to piss off a lot of people, I'm all for it.
It's not about respect, I just love number 10 and I hate bendtner, I think it's obvious where the conflict lies here :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Pfff, what you guys call disrespectful, I call hilarious :D

Nah, honestly I couldn't care less about numbers. I don't even understand all the fuzz about it. But if it somehow manages to piss off a lot of people, I'm all for it.

Number 10 is usually reserved for the best players on the team. Even in the lower leagues players intuitively know what number 10 means. Hell, I've seen people refuse the number 10 jersey, because it came with responsibility. Saying that it is just a number is absurd.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I usualy care about nr 10, and just for the sake of my eyes and stomach i hope he doesn't :D

---------- Post added 31.08.2012 at 13:09 ----------

Mate, I hate this transfer, but he wasn't bought, he was just loaned.

At least Traore came on a straight loan. This guy is on a loan with option to buy. :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Number 10 is usually reserved for the best players on the team. Even in the lower leagues players intuitively know what number 10 means. Hell, I've seen people refuse the number 10 jersey, because it came with responsibility. Saying that it is just a number is absurd.
What is absurd to you is not necessarily absurd to me.

Hell, back when I played I was given the nr 10 shirt as well. Played with it for a while, someone else wanted to wear it, so I gave to him. Played with whatever number that was left in the following seasons. I really, really, really couldn't care less.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Exactly. The LwB be this season is going to be the man we brought in as depth for the cm role. So a position that needed to be filled this summer is going to still be vacant next summer. Two positions actually. I'm assuming Llorente will be one solution to the problem, if conte and the club still want him after an entire season on the bench. Or 6months, depending on when we get him.

Of course the will of the player is important, but that will is directly related to DS's ability to sell a project, create an attractive package for the player and convince him towards thinking in that direction. I'm not even talking about the RVP issue here because his salary would shatter our wage structure. ven though he would do well to create a more international image for the club.
Selling an attractive package for a top player in Serie A is like selling a street hooker inside the White House... We are not the old Juventus and so we can not be compared with it. Not yet.

An interesting question would be what striker should we have bought ? No one worthy of the tag "top striker" moved within our price range. Some decent players moved, but also with a significant investment. I believe investing in those would hurt a future bid for an actual top player. Call me naive if you want to.

The loan of Bendtner is shambolic. I'm fine with not buying a LB as long as Ziegler stays with us. De Ceglie as a first choice, at least for a couple of months would be decent enough with Asa, Caceres, Ziegler, etc as other options.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What is absurd to you is not necessarily absurd to me.

Hell, back when I played I was given the nr 10 shirt as well. Played with it for a while, someone else wanted to wear it, so I gave to him. Played with whatever number that was left in the following seasons. I really, really, really couldn't care less.
Come on, man. You're just making up stuff for the sake of it. Sure, it doesn't matter to you. And no, it doesn't matter to me that much either. If I'm given the choice, I play with 7, but I'll play with 12 just the same. But you cannot deny that there is a certain type of history attached to the number 10 jersey. At Juventus, but also at other clubs. It used to be Ale's jersey. It used to be Baggio's jersey. You cannot give it to Bendtner. That is a travesty.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Selling an attractive package for a top player in Serie A is like selling a street hooker inside the White House... We are not the old Juventus and so we can not be compared with it. Not yet.

An interesting question would be what striker should we have bought ? No one worthy of the tag "top striker" moved within our price range. Some decent players moved, but also with a significant investment. I believe investing in those would hurt a future bid for an actual top player. Call me naive if you want to.

The loan of Bendtner is shambolic. I'm fine with not buying a LB as long as Ziegler stays with us. De Ceglie as a first choice, at least for a couple of months would be decent enough with Asa, Caceres, Ziegler, etc as other options.
Suarez. JoJo. Higuain. Dzeko. All of them possible with the right approach, all affordable wages and all potential top player category.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Llorente should not be bought on Bilbao's terms. We suffered from city not buying a striker.
We would have suffered regardless. Marotta is a complete joke. And to read on Italian papers that bendtner is a big player says it all. That eye of his really is knackered as well as his brain. We've had 6weeks to find a striker with all that was available and to think at the time we never ever considered such a joke of a transfer.....until now. Panic signing is an understatement. Serie A is officially dead.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Come on, man. You're just making up stuff for the sake of it. Sure, it doesn't matter to you. And no, it doesn't matter to me that much either. If I'm given the choice, I play with 7, but I'll play with 12 just the same. But you cannot deny that there is a certain type of history attached to the number 10 jersey. At Juventus, but also at other clubs. It used to be Ale's jersey. It used to be Baggio's jersey. You cannot give it to Bendtner. That is a travesty.
Ok, I'm making stuff up for the sake of it. You win.

As always, you are right.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Suarez. JoJo. Higuain. Dzeko. All of them possible with the right approach, all affordable wages and all potential top player category.
First of all how do you know all of them have affordable wages, when only Jojo would not instantly become a top earner at Juve. And second of all, those are - with the exception of Dzeko (who has a massive salary) - all protagonists at their teams and will not be let go easily... Hence why we can not compete in any bidding war for them or pay for their transfer sum anyway...

If no other top team wants them, we can get them, but not in any other scenario.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Ok, I'm making stuff up for the sake of it. You win.

As always, you are right.
No no no, the jasper dude - was, is and will be always right.

---------- Post added 31.08.2012 at 13:49 ----------

The fact that we're even having this discussion implies I'm right. You say it's just a jersey. If so many people care, it clearly is not just a jersey. Think about it.
But many don't so it's 50/50?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
People still defending Marotta because there was no movement of other clubs in strikers department. This is bullshit. We're not Siena or Viola merda to wait for someone to be available. We should have moved quicker and made more pressure on clubs we wanted our players from. No Cavani? Fine. No RvP? Fine. No Higuain? Fine as well. We could get Dzeko and nobody can deny that. It's just that Marotta was thinking he could get him for cheap.
If we had no money for a classy striker in the first place, why did we waste our time pursing them? What was for that plasma in already built house talk? Hell between the likes of Cavani, Higuain, or even Dzeko and the likes of Borriello or Bendther you could find other interesting players. Seriously I rate Destro, Hunter, Remy or even our own Immobile higher that Bendtner.
What I can't understand is the fact we prefer some Sunderland reject clown to our very own product I mean Immobile. The guy got 29 goals in 38 matches last season in Serie B. He's not that big deal but Bendtner is even less. I mean we're stacked in Cm yet there's some space for Marrone and Pogba. In attack there's much more space so why not to try our own player who dreams of coming back to Juve? I notice some lack of consistency in building our team.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
People still defending Marotta because there was no movement of other clubs in strikers department. This is bullshit. We're not Siena or Viola merda to wait for someone to be available. We should have moved quicker and made more pressure on clubs we wanted our players from. No Cavani? Fine. No RvP? Fine. No Higuain? Fine as well. We could get Dzeko and nobody can deny that. It's just that Marotta was thinking he could get him for cheap.
If we had no money for a classy striker in the first place, why did we waste our time pursing them? What was for that plasma in already built house talk? Hell between the likes of Cavani, Higuain, or even Dzeko and the likes of Borriello or Bendther you could find other interesting players. Seriously I rate Destro, Hunter, Remy or even our own Immobile higher that Bendtner.
What I can't understand is the fact we prefer some Sunderland reject clown to our very own product I mean Immobile. The guy got 29 goals in 38 matches last season in Serie B. He's not that big deal but Bendtner is even less. I mean we're stacked in Cm yet there's some space for Marrone and Pogba. In attack there's much more space so why not to try our own player who dreams of coming back to Juve? I notice some lack of consistency in building our team.
29 goals in Serie B isn't half bad actually..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)