Nicklas Bendtner - ST - Arsenal (2 Viewers)

Who would you rather sign?

• Bendtner

• Borriello

• I...I just can't

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
So why arent we purchasing another LWB since we did not spend the funds to be used on a striker ?I get a feeling we ran short of funds plus perhaps the board have kept FFP in mind considering how much we have spent over the last few years.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
As put by my brother who support Real Madrid but follows and watch Italian football as well:

Didn't Marotta feel there was something wrong, when he saw that he is competing with Siena and Stoke?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I am also not happy with this transfer but there is no need to overreact either.

A lot of people said that if we can't get a top striker we shouldn't waste money on mediocre players like Pazzini, and that is exactly what Marotta did.

Bendtner is not meant top replaced the top striker, he will not play all the games or be the star of or attack, he is simply a cheap replacement to offer us another option in attack that we do not currently have.

He will not block the arrival of a top striker if we can ever get one, even if we buy him probably Quag will new sold and Bendtner will be a 4th or 5th choice striker.

so basically, this deal us slightly better than getting no one.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So why arent we purchasing another LWB since we did not spend the funds to be used on a striker ?I get a feeling we ran short of funds plus perhaps the board have kept FFP in mind considering how much we have spent over the last few years.
So the board just changed their minds in the middle of the mercato? Might be another good reason to sack. And if we just ran out of funds, then we obviously didn't prioritise. And if we did indeed offer 30m for JoJo, then we had the funds but not the core co potency required for a title winning team to complete it's mercato.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I am also not happy with this transfer but there is no need to overreact either.

A lot of people said that if we can't get a top striker we shouldn't waste money on mediocre players like Pazzini, and that is exactly what Marotta did.

Bendtner is not meant top replaced the top striker, he will not play all the games or be the star of or attack, he is simply a cheap replacement to offer us another option in attack that we do not currently have.

He will not block the arrival of a top striker if we can ever get one, even if we buy him probably Quag will new sold and Bendtner will be a 4th or 5th choice striker.

Don't agree at all. There was a lot more dignity closing the mercato without panic buying. Just shows e rest of Europe how desperate we were. IMO Quag and Matri are mikes ahead of this guy, who in no way has improved the attack. If anything we are weaker than last year in the one department that we needed to strengthen. I fail to see any positive in this signing. And the highlight of it is, the player doesn't even fit the archetype describe by Marrotta as one whose not a bad boy. This move is so desperate, Marrotta contradicted the one code he has stood by in his tenure here. If all the moves had failed as they did, and Marrotta was aware of that, then it should've never come to this. We should've signed Berbatov or Adbeyaor amd closed our market when they were available, instead of waiting to scrap with Fiorentina, and Siena. Fucking Siena. Absolutely no dignity left. We started the mercato needing an LwB and CF and ended it in the same way. What an epic fucking failure.

---------- Post added 31.08.2012 at 15:38 ----------

I usually don't care about jersey numbers, but I sincerely hope he does get nr 10.

Just to see everyone go full retard. Again.
It'll be massively disrespectful to ADP IMO, especially after the whole saga last year with how he was treated.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I usually don't care about jersey numbers, but I sincerely hope he does get nr 10.

Just to see everyone go full retard. Again.
I usualy care about nr 10, and just for the sake of my eyes and stomach i hope he doesn't :D

---------- Post added 31.08.2012 at 13:09 ----------

Don't agree at all. There was a lot more dignity closing the mercato without panic buying. Just shows e rest of Europe how desperate we were. IMO Quag and Matri are mikes ahead of this guy, who in no way has improved the attack. If anything we are weaker than last year in the one department that we needed to strengthen. I fail to see any positive in this signing. And the highlight of it is, the player doesn't even fit the archetype describe by Marrotta as one whose not a bad boy. This move is so desperate, Marrotta contradicted the one code he has stood by in his tenure here. If all the moves had failed as they did, and Marrotta was aware of that, then it should've never come to this. We should've signed Berbatov or Adbeyaor amd closed our market when they were available, instead of waiting to scrap with Fiorentina, and Siena. Fucking Siena. Absolutely no dignity left. We started the mercato needing an LwB and CF and ended it in the same way. What an epic fucking failure.

---------- Post added 31.08.2012 at 15:38 ----------

It'll be massively disrespectful to ADP IMO, especially after the whole saga last year with how he was treated.
Mate, I hate this transfer, but he wasn't bought, he was just loaned.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Some good points, although I think he will be more than 5 th striker

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I usualy care about nr 10, and just for the sake of my eyes and stomach i hope he doesn't :D
I don't care about numbers either, but come on, Buck... Do you always have to swim upstream? :D It really would be disrespectful to Ale if this punk inherited his #10.
Pfff, what you guys call disrespectful, I call hilarious :D

Nah, honestly I couldn't care less about numbers. I don't even understand all the fuzz about it. But if it somehow manages to piss off a lot of people, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)