Nick Against the World (49 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Van Persie's style of playing wouldn't be suited for Italy. There's not a single team on the face of the earth that is better for Van Persie than Arsenal anyway.
True

so its more out of choice than cause they are not good enough.
Most of the dutch players that came to Italy shined: Van Basten, Guillit, Rijkaard, Seedorf Davids, cant think of more! lol. The common factor is that whoever player with Inter played shit: Seedorf, Bergkamp, Davids.
Oh that's definitely true: it's all out of choice. When it comes down to, Holland and Italy don't like each other much. There was appreciation and respect for the Italian national team past summer that was pretty much nation-wide but every time some channel tries to pawn off Serie A matches on the nation it bombs faster than you can say 'catenaccio'

I actually lived in Holland for about 1 year when i was a few months old, still have some memories, nice times, want to come back for a holiday though some time
I would imagine you'd be shocked :D Where'd you live?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
True

Oh that's definitely true: it's all out of choice. When it comes down to, Holland and Italy don't like each other much. There was appreciation and respect for the Italian national team past summer that was pretty much nation-wide but every time some channel tries to pawn off Serie A matches on the nation it bombs faster than you can say 'catenaccio'

I would imagine you'd be shocked :D Where'd you live?
I used to live in Leiden, but it was from when i was 6 months old till like 1 or something like that, and my cousin is doing a course in Leiden to become a lawyer, so it might be an excuse to come up

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Why do you think Norway should join the EU, Martin? What will we gain, except the Euro and less control of our own economy, that we're not getting from the EØS deal?
Oh and a weak dollar is bad for the US economy where the bigger picture is concerned for the simple reason the US are not a major exporting nation, but rather an importing one. Two words:

Budget Deficit.
A weak dollar reduces the budget deficit. American goods are, in a global perspective, cheaper and more competitive on the global market. Also imported goods become more expensive, so consumers will purchase less of them and/or buy more American goods.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Why do you think Norway should join the EU, Martin? What will we gain, except the Euro and less control of our own economy, that we're not getting from the EØS deal?
Don't you think it's a little ridiculous that soon it's gonna be us and Switzerland pretending that the EU doesn't matter? I'm for European integration, and of course you have to give up stuff to be a part of it, but so what? Has Denmark come off badly for it? By now literally all of Europe has embraced it, yet we're too lame to join. It's pathetic imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)