Nick Against the World (44 Viewers)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Hey, something I've always wondered about. Do Italian Americans who speak Italian do that with that thick ridiculous movie accent? :D Vinny? Sergio? Lou? :p

I assume Nick being so geographically displaced is more native than you guys. :D
Nope.

But to be fair (and this is not a slam in any way), 99% of the Italians represented in TV/movies are Southern Italians.

Northern Italians NEVER say "What's a matta fo you" , and almost never say Mamma Mia. Really.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The "problem" is with pronunciation. The reason why English speakers can never pronounce Norwegian correctly, far less "delicate" languages like French and Italian, although Italian pronunciation is exceptionally easy.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
The "problem" is with pronunciation. The reason why English speakers can never pronounce Norwegian correctly, far less "delicate" languages like French and Italian, although Italian pronunciation is exceptionally easy.
What I love about Italian is there are almost no exceptions to the rules. (OK, "il problema" when you think it'd be "la problema", but you're really only talking a handful.) It makes me proud that my people learned a crap, rule-less language like English as well as they do/did.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
there should be an award for learning Finnish. the best linguists would take a spontaneous Finnish learning exam and the most accomplished speaker would get an award. now there's some quality tv for you

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
there should be an award for learning Finnish. the best linguists would take a spontaneous Finnish learning exam and the most accomplished speaker would get an award. now there's some quality tv for you
How does "Who Wants to become a Finnish Linguist?" sound to you? and in the last episode we reveal that they've been learning Hungarian the entire time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)