Nick Against the World (112 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
didnt we already see this train-wreck 10 years ago at the MTV awards ??

As much as I'd like to see them together again (Michael Anthony included), it is all going to depend on if Roth is medicated, and can keep his mouth SHUT (except for signing, of course :D )

Martin said:
Hey, something I've always wondered about. Do Italian Americans who speak Italian do that with that thick ridiculous movie accent? Vinny? Sergio? Lou?

I assume Nick being so geographically displaced is more native than you guys.
I think you are speaking of the New York city accent...which just so happens to be in most of the movies you are probably thinking of

mine is different...the Buffalo accent comes out differently than that of New York or Boston

the best way to describe mine is to think of Rocky Balboa in a fast-forward mode (minus the "yo" every word...more like every other :D) .....most of the people here (Italians especially) put all their words together, and sentences as well, without really pausing. I use to notice that when the older Italians here (who are mostly Sicilian and some Calabrese) speak, it was very fast, so even though there was the transition to English, the speed of the speech remained the same

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Nope.

But to be fair (and this is not a slam in any way), 99% of the Italians represented in TV/movies are Southern Italians.

Northern Italians NEVER say "What's a matta fo you" , and almost never say Mamma Mia. Really.
I've never heard any Italian say "What's a matta fo you". But I've heard Mamma Mia from a lot, especially from families in Torino, Naples, Sicily and Bari. Most are southern but Torino is one of the most northern places.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It isn't a bad currency. But the dollar is very weak against it. It's helped the US economy without question (as US goods are now relatively "cheap" ). A tourist coming from the US gets hosed, however.
I don't know much about economy, I admit, but that's a pretty shortsighted way of looking at it :D.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Woah, Martin -- I just realized you're currently stationed near the global headquarters of Douwe Egberts coffee.

...God, I hate Douwe Egberts... that sick Sara Lee-owned crud. :sick:
Douwe Egberts is like Heineken: we make tonnes of money off of it but we don't actually use it ourselves

And completely ruin your tourist economy by linking you to the Euro.
Wrong-o, and there's why:

It isn't a bad currency. But the dollar is very weak against it. It's helped the US economy without question (as US goods are now relatively "cheap" ). A tourist coming from the US gets hosed, however.
Yep but the Europeans who now no longer have to exchange money to go abroad in their own Union are more than filling the void. If anything, the EU gave a massive boost to tourism.

Oh and a weak dollar is bad for the US economy where the bigger picture is concerned for the simple reason the US are not a major exporting nation, but rather an importing one. Two words:

Budget Deficit.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Afellay choses Oranje
Ibrahim Afellay has chosen to play for the Netherlands. The 20 year old PSV midfielder was forced to make a choice between the country of his parents, Morocco, and the nation he was born in himself, the Netherlands.

"It was a very difficult choice", Afellay explained. He was selected by both Van Basten and his Moroccan counterpart Fakhir just last autumn but turned down both coaches saying he needed more time to make his decision, which would have been final upon playing for either nation.

"I grew up in the Netherlands and in the Dutch (football) culture. It feels right to play for Oranje. I would like to make clear I deeply respect Morocco and it would have been an honour to play for them as well which is why this was such a hard decision to make"

Source: www.vi.nl

:party:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Attacking style player and no he probably wouldn't be Juve material because very few players from Holland are for a very simple reason: they don't want to play in Italy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Van Persie's style of playing wouldn't be suited for Italy. There's not a single team on the face of the earth that is better for Van Persie than Arsenal anyway.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Attacking style player and no he probably wouldn't be Juve material because very few players from Holland are for a very simple reason: they don't want to play in Italy.
so its more out of choice than cause they are not good enough.
Most of the dutch players that came to Italy shined: Van Basten, Guillit, Rijkaard, Seedorf Davids, cant think of more! lol. The common factor is that whoever player with Inter played shit: Seedorf, Bergkamp, Davids.

I actually lived in Holland for about 1 year when i was a few months old, still have some memories, nice times, want to come back for a holiday though some time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)