Nick Against the World (99 Viewers)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
How exactly did liverpool not deserve this cl ??

Firstly... They beat one of the favourites in our good selves (juve) who in turn had beat another favourite in Real madrid

They then beat another favourite in Chelsea who in turn had beat another favourite in barca

They then beat yet another favourite in AC MILAN who in turn had beaten 2 favourites in the form of Manu and Inter.

Could they have had a harder run... I dont think so...

You dont beat these teams with luck alone... one game , yes but enough to pass them all by.

They may not have allways played the 'prettiest' football but in rafa they have a manager who knows what tactics to use.

Are they the best squad in the cl... No ,probably not, but they played with the right tactics for each game (and changed it when it wasnt working) and too their own strengths and with tremendous heart....

Worthy finalists and worthy champions.

Looking at the game itself...

Yes Milan had the better of the first half... but they still didnt completely dominate and Liverpool still made chances even in that time

Not too mention being caught cold like that in the first minute allways affects a team ... some times to the good and sometimes like last night it heads you into a nightmare.... A nightmare they showed unbeleivable charactor to come back from and not jus roll over and die as so many would have....

The second half Milan came out and got served up for their pure arrogance and lack of respect for the opposition... thinking they had it in the bag and sitting back...

Whilst liverpool in a time many would have given up made a key change in bringing in hamann and went for the throat.

I hear people whinging about a questionable dissallowed goal... Maybe it was.. i havent seen a completely conclusive replay yet, But even so, milans 2nd was jus as questionable (using passive offside to the very extreme) and i see no mention of the definate penalty for nestas hand ball which pases without comment.

I then hear people saying it wasnt a penalty... Purleez.. anyone that thinks stevie goes and takes a dive in that position is a fvcking fool... there was no way that was anything but a goal had he not been brought down...
Also interesting that whilst some of you say it wasnt a pen... gattusso, galliani and ancelotti have all said today it was... strange that

Im sorry but you go into half time 3-0 up and lose... How the hell do you deserve to win ??? .... You Dont !!!

Then people say... But milan created the best chances... So what IF they did ?? .....
HOw do they deserve to win if they make all these so called great chances but cant finnish them off ?? .... They dont !!!

People would also be surprised by the passing stats for the match as i see so many saying liverpools passing was so bad and milans was so good... Go and take a look at optas website !
Whilst your there ... look at the tackling stats as well... they allways tell you the story

Basic stats for the first 90 mins ::

Possesion : Milan 50% LFC 50%
Shots on : Milan 7 LFC 6
Shots Off : Milan 8 LFC 6

Domination my arse!!

I then hear people ***** that LFC played for penalties in extra time... Oh please to hear that from people that wanted milan to win is nothing short of laughable... A team that has played for penalties oh so many times... but of course thats ok, but if liverpool do it they are boring and crap... Get real

Yes they played for penalties in the extra period... so what, they were knackered and had little left...

And even then in the period where liverpool jus defended they had only one less shot in extra time than milan did....
Yes liverpool played a tactical game in that time and defended... but milan didnt capitalise on it ... they couldnt get through... besides one incredible miss by sheva.

Then we come to penalties...

Oh.. he came off his line... So what... he came off his line for 1 pen and he got away with it.... Big deal (not too mention it was milans own fault being in that position in the first place)

Is there a goal keeper that doesnt do it ??
I dont think so... How many complaints have i seen here when buffons done it (as he has on several occasions) ? ... easy answer ... none!!
Cassillas does it, cech does it, gigi does it, dida does it, schmeichel did it...
They all do it !!!

Can anyone mention a game with 100% correct calls... No theres never been one !! and there never will be !!!... Its part of the game
You wanna win .. put it in the fvcking net... not ***** about calls that more likely than not would have made no difference, whilst conveniently forgetting the equal number of bad calls for the opposition who were supposedly gifted your victory... Get over it

Forget the great saves or the abysmal penalty of sheva... lets us complain about one instance where a keeper came off his line... whatever!!

Milan threw it away and got what they deserved for their arrogance.
The questionable incidents throughout the game balanced out and a fair result we g ot... not too mention a great final and definately the most deserving team won....

We can also have a little mention of the lack of help the milan fans gave to their team... Whilst LFC more than doubled their allocation of 20 000 and sung their hearts out for the majority of the game , spurring them on at every moment...

The milan fans failed to fill out even their allocation of 20 000 and could barely be noticed... And where were they when it started to go wrong ???
They were sulking, thats where they were... not urging on their men, giving support... no they sulking like little children... They got what they deserved as well !!

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
what an awesome post :) you made some very good points. everyone acts like Milan was thrashing Pool for 75 out of 90 minutes, but that isn't true. we came very close sevreal times in the first half. I really don't need to add anything to shadowfax's post

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yes Zlatan we all know about how penalties are "unfair" to goalkeepers, but rules are rules here. What is the point of having a rule if it's only inforced half the time?

when the rule is never enforced, there is no reasaon to assume it will be enforced all of a sudden

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Cheers guys

Vinni ,

Way to go mate... I hadnt seen that episode yet... I have it on me skyplus but havent watched it yet :)

Personally im feeling some of the fights so far havent been right... allmost , dare i say... choreographed!!

BTW: Definately not going to make the toronto trip...
The wife didnt fancy it and in exchange for me not going to that and passing up my cl final ticket (which she didnt want me togo to) ,She came home with tickets for ciro's testimonial instead.... There was no choice there.... I wont miss ciro's testimonial for anything

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Paul, your wife is cool. I would love to attend Ciro's farewell, except for actually having to spend a few hours in Napoli, of course. Done that, not impressed.

When I went to the Super Cup in New York with my wife at home (9 months pregnant), my excues was: "This will probably be my last chance to see Ciro play." It was, and it worked!

MILAN? Spectacular collapse.

When I look at similar collapses against Deportivo, PSV, and even Palermo, I wonder about Ancelotti's tactics. Why does he continue to get it so wrong?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

When I look at similar collapses against Deportivo, PSV, and even Palermo, I wonder about Ancelotti's tactics. Why does he continue to get it so wrong?

I said it many times, he is an average coach. He had the best players at his disposal in Juventus and we all saw what he did.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Paul, your wife is cool. I would love to attend Ciro's farewell, except for actually having to spend a few hours in Napoli, of course. Done that, not impressed.

When I went to the Super Cup in New York with my wife at home (9 months pregnant), my excues was: "This will probably be my last chance to see Ciro play." It was, and it worked!

MILAN? Spectacular collapse.

Hmm. If I had been Ancelotti, I would have brought Rui Costa and Inzaghi on after 45 minutes. They wouldn't have played as arrogant as the others en they would have actually had something to play for. I'm pretty sure Milan would have won 4, 5-0 with them.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
How exactly did liverpool not deserve this cl ??

Firstly... They beat one of the favourites in our good selves (juve) who in turn had beat another favourite in Real madrid

They then beat another favourite in Chelsea who in turn had beat another favourite in barca

They then beat yet another favourite in AC MILAN who in turn had beaten 2 favourites in the form of Manu and Inter.

Could they have had a harder run... I dont think so...

You dont beat these teams with luck alone... one game , yes but enough to pass them all by.

They may not have allways played the 'prettiest' football but in rafa they have a manager who knows what tactics to use.

Are they the best squad in the cl... No ,probably not, but they played with the right tactics for each game (and changed it when it wasnt working) and too their own strengths and with tremendous heart....

Worthy finalists and worthy champions.

Looking at the game itself...

Yes Milan had the better of the first half... but they still didnt completely dominate and Liverpool still made chances even in that time

Not too mention being caught cold like that in the first minute allways affects a team ... some times to the good and sometimes like last night it heads you into a nightmare.... A nightmare they showed unbeleivable charactor to come back from and not jus roll over and die as so many would have....

The second half Milan came out and got served up for their pure arrogance and lack of respect for the opposition... thinking they had it in the bag and sitting back...

Whilst liverpool in a time many would have given up made a key change in bringing in hamann and went for the throat.

I hear people whinging about a questionable dissallowed goal... Maybe it was.. i havent seen a completely conclusive replay yet, But even so, milans 2nd was jus as questionable (using passive offside to the very extreme) and i see no mention of the definate penalty for nestas hand ball which pases without comment.

I then hear people saying it wasnt a penalty... Purleez.. anyone that thinks stevie goes and takes a dive in that position is a fvcking fool... there was no way that was anything but a goal had he not been brought down...
Also interesting that whilst some of you say it wasnt a pen... gattusso, galliani and ancelotti have all said today it was... strange that

Im sorry but you go into half time 3-0 up and lose... How the hell do you deserve to win ??? .... You Dont !!!

Then people say... But milan created the best chances... So what IF they did ?? .....
HOw do they deserve to win if they make all these so called great chances but cant finnish them off ?? .... They dont !!!

People would also be surprised by the passing stats for the match as i see so many saying liverpools passing was so bad and milans was so good... Go and take a look at optas website !
Whilst your there ... look at the tackling stats as well... they allways tell you the story

Basic stats for the first 90 mins ::

Possesion : Milan 50% LFC 50%
Shots on : Milan 7 LFC 6
Shots Off : Milan 8 LFC 6

Domination my arse!!

I then hear people ***** that LFC played for penalties in extra time... Oh please to hear that from people that wanted milan to win is nothing short of laughable... A team that has played for penalties oh so many times... but of course thats ok, but if liverpool do it they are boring and crap... Get real

Yes they played for penalties in the extra period... so what, they were knackered and had little left...

And even then in the period where liverpool jus defended they had only one less shot in extra time than milan did....
Yes liverpool played a tactical game in that time and defended... but milan didnt capitalise on it ... they couldnt get through... besides one incredible miss by sheva.

Then we come to penalties...

Oh.. he came off his line... So what... he came off his line for 1 pen and he got away with it.... Big deal (not too mention it was milans own fault being in that position in the first place)

Is there a goal keeper that doesnt do it ??
I dont think so... How many complaints have i seen here when buffons done it (as he has on several occasions) ? ... easy answer ... none!!
Cassillas does it, cech does it, gigi does it, dida does it, schmeichel did it...
They all do it !!!

Can anyone mention a game with 100% correct calls... No theres never been one !! and there never will be !!!... Its part of the game
You wanna win .. put it in the fvcking net... not ***** about calls that more likely than not would have made no difference, whilst conveniently forgetting the equal number of bad calls for the opposition who were supposedly gifted your victory... Get over it

Forget the great saves or the abysmal penalty of sheva... lets us complain about one instance where a keeper came off his line... whatever!!

Milan threw it away and got what they deserved for their arrogance.
The questionable incidents throughout the game balanced out and a fair result we g ot... not too mention a great final and definately the most deserving team won....

We can also have a little mention of the lack of help the milan fans gave to their team... Whilst LFC more than doubled their allocation of 20 000 and sung their hearts out for the majority of the game , spurring them on at every moment...

The milan fans failed to fill out even their allocation of 20 000 and could barely be noticed... And where were they when it started to go wrong ???
They were sulking, thats where they were... not urging on their men, giving support... no they sulking like little children... They got what they deserved as well !!
I haven't seen you post anything this long for a while and it was well worth the read in so much as I agree with every word.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Martin, do you really agree with every word? I only ask because my opinion of the penalty that was called - total crap. I watched the legs of the players and saw no contact. The LFC man dove as if has ankle was pinned down and I could clearly see daylight between the player's legs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)