Next years CL seeding (1 Viewer)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I agree it is ridiculous. Although it seems unfair to not give the little teams a chance I watch the Champions league for games like Bayern vs. Chelsea or Juve vs. Madrid not Shaktar vs. Rosenborg. The Champions league is supposed to be about the biggest clubs in the world I don't want it changed.
no it is not, it is SUPPOSED to be about the best teams from every country in europe pitting their wits against each other. the CL has become a fat,bloated,cash-cow for only the richest clubs and the sonner platini's changes come about the better. for me if you are your countries champion then you should go straight into the champions league and the 2nd or 3rd placed teams should have to gain their entry. it all got fucked when the 4th team from the richest countries gained entry

Platini's idea is brilliant and I hope it happens soon.
definately

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I want the Champions League to consist only of champions and vice champions, like it used to be. This system is pathetic and laughable when teams which finished 3rd or 4th have a chance to win the competition. :inter:
:agree: once they do cut it back the UEFA cup will once again become a worthy tournament that the big teams who just miss out on the CL will dream of winning. top 2 at most should be allowed entry into the CL, no more

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I want the Champions League to consist only of champions and vice champions, like it used to be. This system is pathetic and laughable when teams which finished 3rd or 4th have a chance to win the competition. :inter:

Not only that, but to win Champions League nowadays, you have to play 13 freaking macthes, 15 if you go to 3rd round of qualifiers. No wonder players are all washed up after playing 50 matches in a season. Something has to be done.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
thanks for the analysis, Alen .. although it's highly unlikely, but Sporting Lisbon might lose their direct group Q to Guimares .. 2 games left 2 points difference ..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
15+38+6= around 60 matches at total, League, cup and CL. That shouldn't be a problem for players earning millions of dollars per year, and these squads usually have 20 players at least, rotating them in all the competitions would make 40 players at max for players, not a big deal if you ask me.

Like Bozi said it mostly benefits the rich clubs out there, but also I don't want shitty teams get involved in CL "For the sake of football", but yeah, 4 teams from a league is a joke, 2 was good, but 3 is better, Arsenal, Man.utd, Chlesea, Juve, Milan, Inter, Barcelona, Real, Sevilla/Valencia, this looks better imo, I mean stronger competition. I miss the days of 24 teams, I think that was the perfect one, I am not sure about Platini's two-leg competition style.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
They will only be "shitty" fir 2 to 3 years. After the CL money starts rolling, the smaller teams can get better players and thus become more competitive, and become a force in the CL.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I agree it is ridiculous. Although it seems unfair to not give the little teams a chance I watch the Champions league for games like Bayern vs. Chelsea or Juve vs. Madrid not Shaktar vs. Rosenborg. The Champions league is supposed to be about the biggest clubs in the world I don't want it changed.

who says you won't get matches like Bayern vs Chelsea? If these smaller teams are as poor as believed then (most) bigger teams should have no trouble getting past them the the knockout stages and thus give the big matches that people want. And if a smaller teams happens to make it into the quarter or semi finals than that makes the competition more exciting with the presence of a minnow.

May 22, 2007

Not only that, but to win Champions League nowadays, you have to play 13 freaking macthes, 15 if you go to 3rd round of qualifiers. No wonder players are all washed up after playing 50 matches in a season. Something has to be done.
Completely agreed with this. I saw a little table on the BBC website which showed which teams out of the Premiership would get to a European competition, and there was 9 teams which got there, which means you just need to get top half to get there. Far too easy. It should be a privilege.

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
Juventus will be in Pot 3 if all seeded teams of the third qualifying-round reach the group stage. So we'll only in Pot 2 if a lot of good teams fail.

Here is the list before the last match day in Spain, Italy, Germany and France: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2008.html
Look at pot 2 :

PSV Eindhoven, Villarreal, FC Porto, Sporting CP Lisbon

That are teams which we can beat even with the CURRENT players.

And Rangers ranked the same as Juve, cmon ...

May 16, 2008
Watch out for the other teams! Real Madrid could go into Pot 2, Bayern is a difficult opponent, too. The worst case: ManU, Real Madrid, Juventus and Celtic.

Rangers are ranked in the same Pot as Juventus, because they played the last two years in CL/-UEFA-Cup. In the last two years Juventus got only the average value of the Italy points.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Watch out for the other teams! Real Madrid could go into Pot 2, Bayern is a difficult opponent, too. The worst case: ManU, Real Madrid, Juventus and Celtic.
1. Manchester United
2. Bayern Munich
3. Juventus
4. Atletico Madrid

On the other hand, we can play in this group :
1. Lyon
2. Sporting
3. Juventus
4. Cluj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)