Next years CL seeding (17 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
:lol:

+rep

And post of the month :D
Yeah, one guy even gave me a -rep for that post. He tried to hide by not leaving his name. He obviosly doesn't know that i do magic and i can see his name if i look at my magic ball.

I see R and i see an A, then i see M and then one letter can not be seen, but the name surely ends with an N. Then i see 4 numbers.

Hey guys, leave your names when you give -rep.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What's with all the pessimism ?
If Fenerbahce or Schalke made it to the 1/4's then why are you so sure that we won't qualify for CL or we won't pass the groups ?

The quarters are the minimum we'll get next year. With a bit of luck with the draw we can make it to the semis as well. And there isn't much difference between the semifinal and the final. Not to mention that the final is one single match where form and luck play big part.

Hey, we can win the whole damn thing :D
Sounds like its in the bag already.

Send that to UEFA to see if they will just give us the trophy to save us the bother of playing the games. :D

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i think its a must to make it out of the group, if we buy a few players. if we dont make it out of the group it would just be a waste of time.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Hell man .. Juve will make a small nation in Turin and We'll qualify to WC2010 and win it .. the final will be us against Italia :p

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
What's with all the pessimism ?
If Fenerbahce or Schalke made it to the 1/4's then why are you so sure that we won't qualify for CL or we won't pass the groups ?

The quarters are the minimum we'll get next year. With a bit of luck with the draw we can make it to the semis as well. And there isn't much difference between the semifinal and the final. Not to mention that the final is one single match where form and luck play big part.

Hey, we can win the whole damn thing :D
So... Forza Juve (?) :D
I'm pretty sure we will made group stage, Juve can do it. I'm worried about Serie A though - we don't wanna be the Lazio of this season.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Qualify for the groups or from the groups ?
Because if we don't pass the qualifications it will be the surprise of the last 10 years.
Both, its esp difficult to qualify from the groups and it all depends on our good luck for the CL qualifiers, we rarely have had any good luck and Uefa still hadnt got the chance to punish us for the scandal. I feel that we are going to pay some tribute for Moggiopoli in Europe as well...

The team we'll get in the qualifications will be a champ of Norway, Sweden, Croatia, Denmark, Poland etc.

And even if we find ourselves in the 3rd pot we can still get a group that will look like this, for example

1. Lyon
2. Sporting
3. Juventus
4. Steaua

But it's very important if we're in pot 2 because that way only the holders will be a top team, while teams from pot 3 and pot 4 will be easily beatable.

The worst situation we can find ourselves in is if we're in pot 3 and we get this group

1. Barcelona/Manchester/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal
2. Real Madrid/Bayern
3. Juve
4. Some french team...Nancy, as things stand right now
We can be optimistic and hope for a favorable seed, but the facts are, that
we are not buying CL material players, some of our champions will retire, we might change our coach and start all over again, from the beginning,
our teamwork still sux, every team we might face will be a champion, or runner up.
We generally dont get along with knock outs and cup type of competitions.
The CL qualifiers happen too early and we wont have the chance for quick fixes, even if we qualify, we always struggle where we shouldnt, now we have more reasons to struggle as never before, our only chance is determination,
but if we change some core players and the coach, our team wont deliver.
Realistically it doesnt look good, actually, it never looked that bad before!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Valencia, Sevilla and Benfica might not make it either but I guess it is still a bit to early to worry about it already.
You can add Milan, Werder and Schalke.

If 5 of these 6 teams don't make it to CL we're 100% in pot2 if we qualify for the group stages

Our life would have been much better had Milan stayed in the CL and won it.
Don't remind me of that awful moment when Fabregas scored his goal to Kalac.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
These are the teams I think/hope won't qualify for the CL next year.

AC Milan(maybe), Liverpool(maybe), Sevilla(maybe), Newcastle United(will not), Valencia(will not), Werder Bremen (maybe)

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
I hope they'll seed some Dutch team.
So I can hopefully watch my first Juve game ... :rndh:
Do you mean that you have never seen a Juve match?

PS: At the beginning of the season they showed only some Juve matches here in the US. But ever since around November they have showed almost every match with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 games.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
same here.

It really hard for me to go to Italy during the season since the only time i can make trips is during the summer (June-August). But I will certainly go to one of their games if they have a tour here in the US.
It's too bad. I just turned 18 and I don't have my drivers license yet. But when I pass I'll certanly go to Turin to watch a game during the weekend. Hopefully some Juventino/-a will let me spend the night with them ;) since it's like 10hrs driving

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Indeed.

If we make it out of the group stage next season I will view the CL as a success.
i see it coming ... like before this season ...

now you say it would be a success if we make it out of the group stage and next season, when we rule our group you curse him for losing in the semi-final or something like that ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)