Next years CL seeding (16 Viewers)

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Yeah, one guy even gave me a -rep for that post. He tried to hide by not leaving his name. He obviosly doesn't know that i do magic and i can see his name if i look at my magic ball.

I see R and i see an A, then i see M and then one letter can not be seen, but the name surely ends with an N. Then i see 4 numbers.

Hey guys, leave your names when you give -rep.
Sorry mate, I wanted to +rep you, probably hit the wrong button. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i see it coming ... like before this season ...

now you say it would be a success if we make it out of the group stage and next season, when we rule our group you curse him for losing in the semi-final or something like that ;)
I'd be disappointed if we blew a good chance to go further, but my objective is to get out of the group.

OP
juventus1897

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #46
    i see it coming ... like before this season ...

now you say it would be a success if we make it out of the group stage and next season, when we rule our group you curse him for losing in the semi-final or something like that ;)
    Lose in the semi's? You guys all know where the final will be played, right? Now people always say history repeats itself. Let's prove 'em right :juventus:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2008.html

says it all :) .. and very updated .. apparently we'll barely make pot 2 :confused:
    I'm an optimist in this case.
    7 of the teams above us mustn't make it to the CL.

New Castle, Valencia and AZ Alkmaar are certainly out of CL, which leaves us 4 more teams.

These are the teams that may miss out on CL

1. Milan - if they finish 5th or worse, which is still a 50-50 possibility
    2. Sevilla- they are 5 points behind 4th placed Atletico, 8 rounds till the end.
    3. Sporting- they are 5 points behind the CL spot, 6 rounds till the end. Forza Guimaraes and please win a CL spot in Portugal. :)
    4. Benfica - similar as Sporting
    5. Schalke or Werder. Since 3 German teams will play CL, at least one of Werder or Schalke mustn't make it to CL. Hamburg are second atm and we can hope they'll keep the 2nd or 3rd spot till the end.

Also, maybe a surprise will happen in CL qualifiers and some of the teams placed above us in UEFA standings will be eliminated.

It doesn't look too bad. Our chances to be in pot 2 are 50-50

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Well those are exactly the team I excluded in my count .. We could make second pot but if we do we'd be eighth or seventh seed at best .. Hence we'll "barely make it" ..

I'm as much of an optimist as you are .. Alen, my friend .. :) ..

But one thing for sure .. Make it to the knockouts and we'll be sure second pot seed a year from now :) ..

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm an optimist in this case.
    7 of the teams above us mustn't make it to the CL.

New Castle, Valencia and AZ Alkmaar are certainly out of CL, which leaves us 4 more teams.

These are the teams that may miss out on CL

1. Milan - if they finish 5th or worse, which is still a 50-50 possibility
    2. Sevilla- they are 5 points behind 4th placed Atletico, 8 rounds till the end.
    3. Sporting- they are 5 points behind the CL spot, 6 rounds till the end. Forza Guimaraes and please win a CL spot in Portugal. :)
    4. Benfica - similar as Sporting
    5. Schalke or Werder. Since 3 German teams will play CL, at least one of Werder or Schalke mustn't make it to CL. Hamburg are second atm and we can hope they'll keep the 2nd or 3rd spot till the end.

Also, maybe a surprise will happen in CL qualifiers and some of the teams placed above us in UEFA standings will be eliminated.

It doesn't look too bad. Our chances to be in pot 2 are 50-50
    Hey, I like Guimarães. But Sporting is the coolest team going in Portugal, however. :shifty:

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    You know .. if Viola do good in UEFA cup and Roma, miraculously, beat ManUtd .. we might not need Schalke and Sporting not to qualify .. Country coefficient boost ..

well .. too much probabilities .. but a solid chance :) ..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    You know .. if Viola do good in UEFA cup and Roma, miraculously, beat ManUtd .. we might not need Schalke and Sporting not to qualify .. Country coefficient boost ..

well .. too much probabilities .. but a solid chance :) ..
    Country coeffiecient will not do the job. It goes up only be decimals, even if Viola and Roma make it to the final, or win the whole thing.

Currently the country coeffiecient for Italy is 3.1760 , and this is for the last 5 seasons. Imagine how little will be added if Fiorentina and Roma do good.
    It won't go higher than 3.3000 and it won't help us at all.

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Country coeffiecient will not do the job. It goes up only be decimals, even if Viola and Roma make it to the final, or win the whole thing.

Currently the country coeffiecient for Italy is 3.1760 , and this is for the last 5 seasons. Imagine how little will be added if Fiorentina and Roma do good.
    It won't go higher than 3.3000 and it won't help us at all.
    Ow .. ok then ..

screw both of them .. useless teams ...

EDIT: on another thought .. currently the difference between us and Schalke is only 0.12 .. this boost can do something .. can't it ?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Ow .. ok then ..

screw both of them .. useless teams ...

EDIT: on another thought .. currently the difference between us and Schalke is only 0.12 .. this boost can do something .. can't it ?
    Actually, it can. I didn't notice that the difference between us and Schalke is minimal.

But for this to happen Schalke must lose from Barcelona (lose the 2nd leg), while Roma and Fiorentina will have to gain more points than Levercusen and Bayern.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    it is very simple, if we can't beat the team we face in the prelliminary round we have nothing to do in the CL
    I'm not worried at all, we beat all the big teams in Italy and we are bound to have a better squad next season

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    the annoying thing is that unless we do very very well in the champs league over the next few seasons our seeding is always going to be crap because it will take 4 seasons to get rid of our lack of involvement over the past 2 seasons.

solution - we will just need to build a team so great that seeding doesn't matter :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)