Next coach (65 Viewers)

Who do you want to see as our new coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I see what you are saying but its not about the final.. Its about losing 3-0 to Porto and not Barcelona or something like that.. But yeah I should probably just get over it..
Pochettino didnt manage a team full of stars that are miles ahead of their competition...

- - - Updated - - -

Dont know about crushing or not - Results wise he got what he was after...
The thing is his playing style - It feels it has something lacking - Except for Mbappe I think everyone could even do more - Especially Pogba and even Greizmann who received praises for his part in the WC
Deschamps didn't either.. Certainly not with Monaco or Marseille but even France had very strong opposition in terms of talent... Belgium, Brasil, England, Spain, Croatia,... They probably all underperformed which is an arguement you can take both ways;
A/ making it easier for France
B/ making what France did stand out even more, since they were the only ones actually not underperforming and winning game after game after game.

As for Pochettino; he was/is not managing a star studded squad but he made it to one CL final. That's about all he really did.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Deschamps didn't either.. Certainly not with Monaco or Marseille but even France had very strong opposition in terms of talent... Belgium, Brasil, England, Spain, Croatia,... They probably all underperformed which is an arguement you can take both ways;
A/ making it easier for France
B/ making what France did stand out even more, since they were the only ones actually not underperforming and winning game after game after game.

As for Pochettino; he was/is not managing a star studded squad but he made it to one CL final. That's about all he really did.
Did you really compare Belgium Brazil England Spain and Croatia to France?!
1. England arent really that talented and they got to the semi final so if anything they over performed
2. Croatia made it to the final and did way better than expected...
3. Spain - Its not the same Spain that was a few years ago but yeah they are very talented
4. Belgium - Probably the only team you can really call exceptionally talented
5. Brazil - They arent that great - They were very overrated..

In terms of talent:
1.France
2. Belgium
The rest... (dots express the par between the sides as France was by far the most talented but Belgium was also quite far from the rest)

As for Pochettino only making one CL final - You missed my point - I was saying Pochettino did it every year - He overperformed!
Tottenham are a club that should fight for top 4 finish and barely get it if they do..
CL - they should be eliminated at group stage / fail at their first knockout round but they go past it every year!
The final is his biggest achievement - no doubts about it but it doesnt change the fact he shouldnt have faced Juventus to begin with not to mention we barely got their number...

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Did you really compare Belgium Brazil England Spain and Croatia to France?!
1. England arent really that talented and they got to the semi final so if anything they over performed
2. Croatia made it to the final and did way better than expected...
3. Spain - Its not the same Spain that was a few years ago but yeah they are very talented
4. Belgium - Probably the only team you can really call exceptionally talented
5. Brazil - They arent that great - They were very overrated..

In terms of talent:
1.France
2. Belgium
The rest... (dots express the par between the sides as France was by far the most talented but Belgium was also quite far from the rest)

As for Pochettino only making one CL final - You missed my point - I was saying Pochettino did it every year - He overperformed!
Tottenham are a club that should fight for top 4 finish and barely get it if they do..
CL - they should be eliminated at group stage / fail at their first knockout round but they go past it every year!
The final is his biggest achievement - no doubts about it but it doesnt change the fact he shouldnt have faced Juventus to begin with not to mention we barely got their number...
My goodness that is as crooked as it gets... France has an attack with fraud Griezmann as a sphere, with Matuidi, with an at the time quite unknown Pavard, failures like Umtit and N'Zonzi and not on the bench.... They all started some games. Stop exaggerating.

Brazil was a squad loaded with talent, just look at the names man... You're just defending it for the sake of it now.

Poch overperformed as an underdog, without winning any titles for now. That doesn't necessarily make him an ideal fit for a topclub with higher expectations and more specific characters to deal with.

Deschamps has actually won titles, even as an underdog. I'm not saying I don't want Poch but his credentials don't make him a certainty.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My goodness that is as crooked as it gets... France has an attack with fraud Griezmann as a sphere, with Matuidi, with an at the time quite unknown Pavard, failures like Umtit and N'Zonzi and not on the bench.... They all started some games. Stop exaggerating.

Brazil was a squad loaded with talent, just like a few others. You're just defending it without budging at this.

Poch overperformed as an underdog, without winning titles for now. That doesn't necessarily make him an ideal fit for a topclub with higher expectations and more specific characters to deal with.
:tup:

He's a hopeless case.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Brazil was a squad loaded with talent, just like a few others. You're just defending it without budging at this.

Poch overperformed as an underdog, without winning titles for now. That doesn't necessarily make him an ideal fit for a topclub with higher expectations and more specific characters to deal with.
Im not defending anything France was by far the most talented team and I betted on them to win as I thought it was obvious at the time (still didnt win becuase it was a mixed bet with other elements although I did get the final right and got a X76 Odds..)

Belgium is by far the 2nd strongest in terms of talent
Brazil loaded with talent?! Not really...
If a player knows how to dribble it doesnt make him super talented.. there are other things as well...

I would say Deschamps not winning it should be considered a failure but him winning it or winning it by crushing opponents to me is the same but I still didnt feel all the players were 100% compatible with his formation.

As for fraud Griezmann - They also played Giroud who was their least talented player on the field...
Matuidi - Matuidi used to be a very good player - he runs a lot recover balls and used to be a player who makes the game fluid (unless you take the last season in reference but we are not talking about the same Matuidi in terms of his level...)

If you are stubborn with your own thinking it doesnt make you right...
When I believe Im wrong on something I dont hold on to it.. Im not mister know it all.. but I do believe in what I said and you saying Im wrong will not make it true..

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

He's a hopeless case.
Or... you are blind and cant spot a talent if it hits you in the face..
My prediction on France was spot on evidently so no you cant say Im wrong on it..
Its not democracy its about right and wrong and 2 believe in wrong doesnt make wrong right and right wrong..

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Im not defending anything France was by far the most talented team and I betted on them to win as I thought it was obvious at the time (still didnt win becuase it was a mixed bet with other elements although I did get the final right and got a X76 Odds..)

Belgium is by far the 2nd strongest in terms of talent
Brazil loaded with talent?! Not really...
If a player knows how to dribble it doesnt make him super talented.. there are other things as well...

I would say Deschamps not winning it should be considered a failure but him winning it or winning it by crushing opponents to me is the same but I still didnt feel all the players were 100% compatible with his formation.

As for fraud Griezmann - They also played Giroud who was their least talented player on the field...
Matuidi - Matuidi used to be a very good player - he runs a lot recover balls and used to be a player who makes the game fluid (unless you take the last season in reference but we are not talking about the same Matuidi in terms of his level...)

If you are stubborn with your own thinking it doesnt make you right...
When I believe Im wrong on something I dont hold on to it.. Im not mister know it all.. but I do believe in what I said and you saying Im wrong will not make it true..

- - - Updated - - -

Or... you are blind and cant spot a talent if it hits you in the face..
My prediction on France was spot on evidently so no you cant say Im wrong on it..
Its not democracy its about right and wrong and 2 believe in wrong doesnt make wrong right and right wrong..
Brazil:
Neymar, Douglas Costa, Casimero, Alisson, Coutinho, T. Silva, Miranda, Jesus, Marcelo, Dani Alves, Paulinho, Willian, Filipe Luis, Danilo, Fernandinho, Firmino,...

Anyone saying that team was (strongly) inferior to France's squad can not be serious. Deschamps succeeded in making a team. As far as crushing the opponent goes; that's not even a criterium that should be considered. What should be considered is that France didn't look like losing the tournament for a second. They were in full control.

Brazil's manager didn't do that. His problem. But he surely had all the talent. But France winning it doesn't prove anything about their talent. I also predicted them winning because of the squad and Deschamp...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Brazil:
Neymar, Douglas Costa, Casimero, Alisson, Coutinho, T. Silva, Miranda, Jesus, Marcelo, Dani Alves, Paulinho, Willian, Filipe Luis, Danilo, Fernandinho, Firmino,...

Anyone saying that team was (strongly) inferior to France's squad can not be serious. Deschamps succeeded in making a team. As far as crushing the opponent goes; that's not even a criterium that should be considered. What should be considered is that France didn't look like losing the tournament for a second. They were in full control.

Brazil's manager didn't do that. His problem. But he surely had all the talent. But France winning it doesn't prove anything about their talent. I also predicted them winning because of the squad and Deschamp...
Now that you listed Brazil`s players I see the light... NOT...
I know who plays for Brazil... everybody knows and to say they are very good is ignorance BUT compared to France YES they are inferior...
Neymar is amazing but extremely selfish which takes away from his amazingness
D.Costa - On and off player - but you already know that given you are a Juve fan
Casimero - great defensive minded player
Allisson - one of the best GK in the world
Coutinho - One of the most overrated players in the world - I was laughing my ass off when Barcelona took him for 160M...
T.Silva - Was the best defender in the world.. WAS...
Marcelo - Goat LB no doubt about it
D.Alves - way over his prime..
Willian - very good player
Firmino - given the right directions he can be a very good player
Danilo Fernandinho Paulinho Miranda - Seriously?! mediocre..

France had players on the bench that can make you drool..
as for Nzonzi - Should I remind you that many of you wanted him here a year or two years ago?
Matuidi was a great player until the 2nd half of the season - Hell Rabiot didnt even call up (the reason doesnt matter)
Im not even going to name the truely amazing ones as I believe you know the names...

Should you try to play a Belgium vs France I`d given you more credit..

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Now that you listed Brazil`s players I see the light... NOT...
I know who plays for Brazil... everybody knows and to say they are very good is ignorance BUT compared to France YES they are inferior...
Neymar is amazing but extremely selfish which takes away from his amazingness
D.Costa - On and off player - but you already know that given you are a Juve fan
Casimero - great defensive minded player
Allisson - one of the best GK in the world
Coutinho - One of the most overrated players in the world - I was laughing my ass off when Barcelona took him for 160M...
T.Silva - Was the best defender in the world.. WAS...
Marcelo - Goat LB no doubt about it
D.Alves - way over his prime..
Willian - very good player
Firmino - given the right directions he can be a very good player
Danilo Fernandinho Paulinho Miranda - Seriously?! mediocre..

France had players on the bench that can make you drool..
as for Nzonzi - Should I remind you that many of you wanted him here a year or two years ago?
Matuidi was a great player until the 2nd half of the season - Hell Rabiot didnt even call up (the reason doesnt matter)
Im not even going to name the truely amazing ones as I believe you know the names...

Should you try to play a Belgium vs France I`d given you more credit..
Yeah dude, if you can put Neymar in a bad light compared to France's squad, we can list any of France's player as Molinaro level except for Mbappe maybe.

If you actually compare the starting 11's here, you have 8/11 for Brazil. So you're clutching at straws.

Belgium's team has much more weaknesses when compared to Brazil. I'm belgian, so yeah, I know. Brazil also outplayed them easily. Belgium won with a deflected corner kick and a counter. Kudos but undeserved.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yeah dude, if you can put Neymar in a bad light compared to France's squad, we can list any of France's player as Molinaro level except for Mbappe maybe.

You're clutching at straws. Belgium's team has much more weaknesses. I'm belgian, so yeah, I know.
So you are underestimating your own nation.. I`d say the 2-1 proves my point but its one game so tough to really say this..

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So you are underestimating your own nation.. I`d say the 2-1 proves my point but its one game so tough to really say this..
It was idd one game and a very undeserved win. A deflected corner and a counter. Brazil mounting pressure for 60-70 minutes and we barely held it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It was idd one game and a very undeserved win. A deflected corner and a counter. Brazil mounting pressure for 60-70 minutes and we barely held it.
Anyway one game is one game so its useless to talk about one game. As for the topic - I think we went off topic a long time ago so lets just agree to disagree regarding what Deschamps accomplished and what Pochettino accomplished.
To make long story short Deschamps vs Pochettino - Im on team Pochettino..

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
I see what you are saying but its not about the final.. Its about losing 3-0 to Porto and not Barcelona or something like that.. But yeah I should probably just get over it..
Pochettino didnt manage a team full of stars that are miles ahead of their competition...

Dude... Barcelona were going through a crisis... they were just a name... until the likes of Ronaldinho came in. Porto had one of the best players of that time Deco. And of course, Mourinho.

Mourinho arrived in Porto 2 and half years ago, mid-season, he smashed the table and said "Next year, in normal conditions we will be Champions, in anormal conditions we will also be Champions".

He went on to be 2 times Champions in one year taking UEFA and the next the Champions League. That was one of his peaks, definitely the highest peak playing some attacking football :lol2:

That Porto team was the basis for Portugal's Euro 2004 run that ended up in a unprecedented final a losing only to Greece.

Not even trying to defend Deschamps here.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
del piero:
"Klopp or Guardiola? Let's take both of them to Italy. Guardiola has taught many, he has inspired so many players. We are talking about two managers with different personalities, let's say Klopp is more a coach of the future.
"His attitude towards the media in more or less difficult situations proves it. I remember how he faced the post-Champions final. Usually one is always quite angry after losing a final, but he dealt with it all everything differently.
"I must say that this attitude has given a different freshness and his team proves it. They have energy and enthusiasm. With all due respect to Liverpool, there are not only big stars, we can certainly say that Klopp has improved many of them," he concluded.
https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...ains-why-klopp-is-better-than-guardiola-38196

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)