News that makes you say WTF! (29 Viewers)

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I never understood what people have against gays or trannies. It’s not like their actions are hurting anyone.

just religion making people displace their hate imo
The irony in lgbt pride is that most people (in western society at least) dont care whether or not someone is gay. It's the 'in your face' agenda that seems to piss off most ppl. Its everywhere now, whether it be on netflix or on road signs. There seems to be a point where humiliation and shame become self-respect and then self-respect becomes arrogance and excessive floutery. It's a shame really, because it's usually the preachy drag queen gang that speak for many gays who just live normally and don't feel the necessity of making their sexuality part of their personality.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
According to Austrian police there are shootings in 6 different locations in Vienna, the muslim terrorists are armed with assault rifles. Unconfirmed rumours about the Hilton being one target

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
wtf, i have plenty of friends there. it was one of the most peaceful cities i've ever visited until a couple of years ago.

terrorism might be an other reason to avoid living in big european cities besides potential lockdowns and real estate prices.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
that seems like false equivalence. Just because gay people are allowed to get married means that we’re going to start normalizing fucking pets?
Yes.

And something derogatory about muslims. And something derogatory about women.

Tudor out.

Sendt fra min CLT-L29 med Tapatalk

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
- Muslims love Muhammad more than their parents and kids so to print cartoons for the sake of taking the piss will hurt many feelings.
- It's not about freedom of speech, there is a forum for that and ways to talk critically about religion.
- People died after the first cartoon and yet they published the same and some more people died.
- This isn't saying that any killing is justified, by all means execute those responsible.
- Muslims follow the Quran teachings, it's the same book for everyone but its the angle that is pushed that is the problem.
- the book is about spiritual cleansing by improving yourself and even if there are inflammatory verses, the context and explanation is there so that you should never walk away from the book wanting to hurt anyone.
- I have sat with religious people who after talking to them you will want to embrace the gay community, be friends with them while other times I've walked away from people pushing a violent narrative.
- the guy pushing the violet narrative is the mastermind, the guys doing the shootings are fragile minded people that are groomed to do terrorist acts using religion as a brainwashing tool not dissimilar to some of BLM and white supremacists.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Interior Minister Karl Nehammer described the assailant killed by police as an "Islamist terrorist".
He later told the APA news agency that the 20-year-old gunman had been released early from jail last December, eight months after he was convicted of trying to travel to Syria to join the militant Islamic State group (IS).

This pisses me off so much, not only they gave him a laughable sentence (22 months) but let him go early. And it's not the first time this happens, "was on our watch list" or "released after a few months" seems to be the case always. When will they learn the lesson?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The irony in lgbt pride is that most people (in western society at least) dont care whether or not someone is gay. It's the 'in your face' agenda that seems to piss off most ppl. Its everywhere now, whether it be on netflix or on road signs. There seems to be a point where humiliation and shame become self-respect and then self-respect becomes arrogance and excessive floutery. It's a shame really, because it's usually the preachy drag queen gang that speak for many gays who just live normally and don't feel the necessity of making their sexuality part of their personality.
This is the argument that Poland and Russia have made.

This is sort of part of the problem. On the one hand, you still have many homophobes who need to be smoked out and called out for their caveman superstition behaviors because that ain't acceptable in a modern society. But on the other hand, you have peeps who won't be happy until they keep picking on the same sore until it oozes everywhere ... as if irritation is progress.

This is an area where I am very sympathetic towards moderates of all people. Moderates don't get enough credit. But they often can be sympathetic to a progressive cause ... up until the point they are called out as part of the problem by more of the extremists. It's difficult to support a cause if you're being branded as a troglodyte for how you do it.

I've thought that about resistors in Nazi Germany, for example. Here you have the people who risked everything to try to stand up and take down an evil dictatorship. But having lost that battle for years, in the end they get lumped in with the rest of Nazi Germany and branded as sympathizers and genocidal Jew killers just the same.

According to Austrian police there are shootings in 6 different locations in Vienna, the muslim terrorists are armed with assault rifles. Unconfirmed rumours about the Hilton being one target
I sure hope it's Paris Hilton.

What a shame. Vienna is a beautiful city.
What a great boy's choir too. :shifty:

wtf, i have plenty of friends there. it was one of the most peaceful cities i've ever visited until a couple of years ago.

terrorism might be an other reason to avoid living in big european cities besides potential lockdowns and real estate prices.
Yeah, because you can mathematically avoid the 0.000001% chance of being involved in a scuffle with a handful of terrorists. Keep working on your math there, buddy.

- Muslims love Muhammad more than their parents and kids so to print cartoons for the sake of taking the piss will hurt many feelings.
- It's not about freedom of speech, there is a forum for that and ways to talk critically about religion.
- People died after the first cartoon and yet they published the same and some more people died.
- This isn't saying that any killing is justified, by all means execute those responsible.
- Muslims follow the Quran teachings, it's the same book for everyone but its the angle that is pushed that is the problem.
- the book is about spiritual cleansing by improving yourself and even if there are inflammatory verses, the context and explanation is there so that you should never walk away from the book wanting to hurt anyone.
- I have sat with religious people who after talking to them you will want to embrace the gay community, be friends with them while other times I've walked away from people pushing a violent narrative.
- the guy pushing the violet narrative is the mastermind, the guys doing the shootings are fragile minded people that are groomed to do terrorist acts using religion as a brainwashing tool not dissimilar to some of BLM and white supremacists.
This kind of goes back to the point about gays at the top of this post. Some people are forcing the issue with the belief that the kill-over-cartoons part is the core problem, not the being insulting and insensitive to a culture part. IMO, nobody looks good in that exchange. That said, I do find it bizarre that some people are more upset about a cartoon than a beheaded teacher.

There are a lot of places in the world that aren't ready to confront different cultural mores that exist outside of their bubble.

And sadly, extremism is a game where only the most extreme wins. That means the violent and corrupted get to largely dictate the terms of who is a heretic and who isn't, because they will always position themselves as more pure than the unwashed masses.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Of course it's freedom of speech, satire is exactly that. No one is 'safe' from it. Why should one group of people be exempt because it "hurts their feelings"? Boo hoo. There is no discussion about religion needed, they are not targeting Islam as a religion just because they depict Muhammad in some cartoons. The content is the target.

The likes of Charlie Hebdo and other left wing satiricals go after muslim fundamentalists simply because they easily react and provide so much negative source material. But they've gone after pretty much every religious and ethnic group, politicians, countries, disasters, celebrities, any hot topic. That they are left wing and secular obviously isn't going to sit very well with any right wing fundamentalism, but there is no excuse for slaughtering random strangers over a cartoon. It's even more ridiculous when you consider that muslims who have more than 5 brain cells have been killed in such attacks on European soil. Still, they are in far more danger of such things living in muslim countries.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
One would hope that would be the case for some muslims, rather than a general feeling.

Of course it's freedom of speech, satire is exactly that. No one is 'safe' from it. Why should one group of people be exempt because it "hurts their feelings"? Boo hoo. There is no discussion about religion needed, they are not targeting Islam as a religion just because they depict Muhammad in some cartoons. The content is the target.

The likes of Charlie Hebdo and other left wing satiricals go after muslim fundamentalists simply because they easily react and provide so much negative source material. But they've gone after pretty much every religious and ethnic group, politicians, countries, disasters, celebrities, any hot topic. That they are left wing and secular obviously isn't going to sit very well with any right wing fundamentalism, but there is no excuse for slaughtering random strangers over a cartoon. It's even more ridiculous when you consider that muslims who have more than 5 brain cells have been killed in such attacks on European soil. Still, they are in far more danger of such things living in muslim countries.
When exactly did "my feelings are hurt" become a valid excuse for anything anyway?

If it is, then I'd like to know. Because Sarri being associated with Juve hurt my feelings, but I just had to suck it up.:andy2:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, if Muslims care so much about their feelings maybe they shouldn’t move to a place with freedom of speech.

obviously not all Muslims feel that strongly and I do feel bad for them as I believe religion is just brainwashing but they should be smarter than that. You can’t take the blame away from the people committing these crimes and acting like animals just because an old book told them so.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, if Muslims care so much about their feelings maybe they shouldn’t move to a place with freedom of speech.

obviously not all Muslims feel that strongly and I do feel bad for them as I believe religion is just brainwashing but they should be smarter than that. You can’t take the blame away from the people committing these crimes and acting like animals just because an old book told them so.
Just like Americans wanna live swimming with guns, some Muslims should be able to live swimming in a lack of liberty to criticize authority if that's what they want.

But exporting that and forcing that on the rest of the world is more than just a bit of overreach and a wholly different story. Indigenous South American tribes exist where women go topless (if not naked). That doesn't invite people to come over and behead them because they find topless women lacking virtue and blasphemous in the eyes of Muhammad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)