News that makes you say WTF! (70 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
God i wish someone would make a video of all the inhumane things the soldiers in Afghan, Iraq, Iran etc, etc have done to their enemies. Its so easy for us "modern" "christian" countries. When someone does something to us we have the WHOLE world media to "protect" all of us and tagg everyone as terrorists and make everything look like it has been undeserved, that our goverments are angels and work for the better of the world and every nation in it, but when we do $#@! to those, and in those, third world countries everything is hushed and gets forgotten in 24 hours.....

All that pissing on dead bodies, killing children and women, raping women, Guantanamo Bay, making "mistakes" like bombing wedding ceremonies all that is being covered up and not put forward for the world to see, and when it is shown, it all ends up with "Well, we made a mistake, sorry" or "Punishments will be given" and that is that.

We, "the modern world" are no angels. I bet that if somehow we would put on a weighing scale both the $#@! we have done and the $#@! "the terrorists" have done, the scale will be equal at best, if not weighing on our side.
that's all fine and dandy, but here is a flaw in your logic:

killing a random guy because he is a soldier. what does that prove?

or bombing a bunch of runners because yo uare not happy with government work.

because the best way to convince people of your cause is to randomly murder civilians.

radical religion, in particular radical islam is a huge problem for not just western countries but for arab and muslim countries too.

radical muslims have not shied away from killing unprovoked. see countless executions of women, and shia muslims in afghanistan by the taliban, or in other countries. or the killings and stonings, and bombings and acid throwing in pakistan.

if they are killing their next door neighbours, their relatives and their own countrymen because some random maggot tells them the book says so. their goes your logic behind "the westerners do far worse therfore it's okay"

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
....and therefore it's ok to kill "westerners", is that the logic?

Let me clarify my stance:

I don't adhere to the talion-principle (an eye for an eye), and I never will. And before you tell me to walk a mile in the shoes of those shitheads who commited those acts in London today, let me remind you that people I cared about got shot to death.

I believe in democratic principles, most notably the rule of law and universal human rights. Whenever I see someone who believes he or she is worthy of rising above those principles by taking the law into their own hands to do whatever the hell they please (because someone did something to their ancestors, because they are unsatisfied with the current state of affairs or because they feel neglected or overlooked), I'm fuming at the mouth.

Sure, I felt sympathy for the victim as well, but that wasn't what my post was about. I was "pissed off" because I considered what happened today (and the same goes with the Boston bombings), as an attack (attacks) on principles I deeply believe in and follow.

You may call this a "platitude", but it's not. It's fine that people wanna go through their "revolutionary" phase while they're young, hanging pictures of Lenin and Che on their dorm walls or whatever, but at some point that shit gets old and really immature.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
please show me where i have endorsed one view or another, i asked a question that no one answered, not that theres a right answer.and i pointed a flaw in lion's argument, now arent you doing the very same thing you accuse these extremists of? taken things as an insult to what you deeply believe in?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
please show me where i have endorsed one view or another, i asked a question that no one answered, not that theres a right answer.and i pointed a flaw in lion's argument, now arent you doing the very same thing you accuse these extremists of? taken things as an insult to what you deeply believe in?
Your question: was because it was caught on camera.

I read about the story, but watched no video, and was deeply offended by it. So that's sort of an answer right there.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
the only thing I find offensive is that there isn't more footage, this is 2013 london, they should have cameras inside the dude while he was being beheaded.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Appalling as it is, how is it a terrorist attack?

- - - Updated - - -

In other news:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/22/4357892/google-leads-scripps-reporters-to-massive-lifeline-privacy-breach

'Hacking' using wget :howler:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
yes, considering that's one of the thousands that occur every day
mentally deranged people beheading someone in the middle of the street in a first world country isn't offensive to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Appalling as it is, how is it a terrorist attack?

- - - Updated - - -

In other news:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/22/4357892/google-leads-scripps-reporters-to-massive-lifeline-privacy-breach

'Hacking' using wget :howler:
maybe the fact the guy kept saying "praise allah"? :boh:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
mentally deranged people beheading someone in the middle of the street in a first world country isn't offensive to you?

- - - Updated - - -

maybe the fact the guy kept saying "praise allah"? :boh:
this bolded part reminds me so much of the attitudes that were passed openly during the investigation of egyptair flight 990 which crashed just off the coast new found land in october of 99 :) it was said the co-pilot committed an act of terrorism simply bec he said in god i trust :touched: needless to say the media namely CNN jumped on it like a bully jumps on a nerd.

not saying this attack in London is'nt terrorism, but not for what was said during this horrific crime but for the crime it self, i dont care if he said forza my self while doing it, it does'nt change the fact its murder.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
One of the men behind the attack in Woolwich, south east London, was filmed wielding a bloodied meat cleaver and saying, "We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you", in footage shown on ITV News.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)