News that makes you say WTF! (84 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The word terrorist has lost much of it's meaning due to overuse. If we don't start using other words to describe these things like bomber, beheader, shooter, etc. Before you know it, everyone will be a terrorist.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
sure does, the question should be what makes this one more offensive and that's exactly what i asked and still no answer, unless you lot like to go on rides
It's hard to answer not because it's a hard question but because it's a strange question. Someone reacts to the news by saying horrible, you quote him saying horrible? Because it was caught on the camera? No! It's horrible because it's horrible no matter where in the world it occurs. Who did even claim that it was more offensive than similar events happening in other places?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
this bolded part reminds me so much of the attitudes that were passed openly during the investigation of egyptair flight 990 which crashed just off the coast new found land in october of 99 :) it was said the co-pilot committed an act of terrorism simply bec he said in god i trust :touched: needless to say the media namely CNN jumped on it like a bully jumps on a nerd.

not saying this attack in London is'nt terrorism, but not for what was said during this horrific crime but for the crime it self, i dont care if he said forza my self while doing it, it does'nt change the fact its murder.
I guess you're right, too many people say terrorism for a lot of things nowadays. But you said it, the guy is still a terrorist, although on a small scale. And yeah, he's definitely a nutjob but all terrorists tend to be.

sure does, the question should be what makes this one more offensive and that's exactly what i asked and still no answer, unless you lot like to go on rides
People answered you, it's just that you think everyone else is wrong and you are right.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's hard to answer not because it's a hard question but because it's a strange question. Someone reacts to the news by saying horrible, you quote him saying horrible? Because it was caught on the camera? No! It's horrible because it's horrible no matter where in the world it occurs. Who did even claim that it was more offensive than similar events happening in other places?
after 20 some years living on this earth you are really not desensitized to it? or do you simply go through the motions so you reassure yourself you are still human? imo we really dont care, we say horrible here then go make fun of marotta and the day goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you're right, too many people say terrorism for a lot of things nowadays. But you said it, the guy is still a terrorist, although on a small scale. And yeah, he's definitely a nutjob but all terrorists tend to be.

People answered you, it's just that you think everyone else is wrong and you are right.

you should work on your reading skills before trying to call somebody out, find me one answer other than it's horrible because it's horrible

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
after 20 some years living on this earth you are really not desensitized to it? or do you simply go through the motions so you reassure yourself you are still human? imo we really dont care, we say horrible here then go make fun of marotta and the day goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

you should work on your reading skills before trying to call somebody out, find me one answer other than it's horrible because it's horrible
i'm not sure i got your point Deneb, but do you mean that instead of it simply being a "horrible act" to do we should address the true reasons that make such crimes happen more often? :oops:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
No I'm not. It's still terrifying. Tomorrow I'll forget it, yes, like I'll forget a family member's death, but it doesn't mean I don't care neither does it make this any less horrible. There's a life to live and in fact this is both why and because I'm still human.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
To the degree that a typical terrorist profile is often someone with a gaping hole in their lives who seek to fill it with lies, then yeah, the guy could be called a terrorist. But he could just as easily be called mentally ill.

The terrorist tag is a bit diluted these days, of course. For example, we really should call the Inquisitions "terrorism", but that's old news. Now it's just any nut job with a personal cause that celebrates death that qualifies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I really don't know what you expect people to say. Just because you say it's not horrible, it shouldn't be? Like I said, you think you're right and everyone else is wrong. Because something happens a lot doesn't make it not terrible.

To the degree that a typical terrorist profile is often someone with a gaping hole in their lives who seek to fill it with lies, then yeah, the guy could be called a terrorist. But he could just as easily be called mentally ill.

The terrorist tag is a bit diluted these days, of course. For example, we really should call the Inquisitions "terrorism", but that's old news. Now it's just any nut job with a personal cause that celebrates death that qualifies.
Semantics :p

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Then all the kids that run with guns around the university killing people for no reason at all should be called terrorists. Instead they are 'mentally ill' or something along the same vein.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Regardless of who did what or who started what or did what where, we cannot allow that individuals - random citizens - take the law into their own hands and act as a judge, jury and executioner.
Doesn't make it right, bro.
You are both absolutely right. And i wasnt trying to justify these guys in London, far from it. I would be a sick person if i even tried to do that. All i was saying is that we percieve differently when a Muslim or a person from the third world countries does this than when one of "our" guys does it. I was urged to write what i wrote because of comments like "Fuck the muslims", "fuck the islamists", "fuck the terrorists".

Not every muslim is a terrorist and not every terrorist is a muslim.

- - - Updated - - -

that's all fine and dandy, but here is a flaw in your logic:

killing a random guy because he is a soldier. what does that prove?

or bombing a bunch of runners because yo uare not happy with government work.

because the best way to convince people of your cause is to randomly murder civilians.

radical religion, in particular radical islam is a huge problem for not just western countries but for arab and muslim countries too.

radical muslims have not shied away from killing unprovoked. see countless executions of women, and shia muslims in afghanistan by the taliban, or in other countries. or the killings and stonings, and bombings and acid throwing in pakistan.

if they are killing their next door neighbours, their relatives and their own countrymen because some random maggot tells them the book says so. their goes your logic behind "the westerners do far worse therfore it's okay"
Making your enemy's soldiers, which you have jailed, have sex between them and doing all sorts of inhumane things (God knows how many have been executed in prisons in the most degrading ways)

Bombing? You are seriously mentioning bombing? They may have bombed a marathong but the big guys bomb whole nations. Dude, i am a Balkan, i live in The Balkans, dont get me started on all the unnecessary bombings we have suffered from the big guys and were never tagged as terrorist attacks only because they named the bombings "spreading democracy".

And when it comes to the rest of your arguments i will just tell you this. They have lived like that their whole lives, with the same laws, and same ways of life. But they were doing it amongst themselves and in their countries untill someone woke up one day, at the other end of the world and said " Hey, i dont like them muslims and their way of life, they should have democracy, lets go there and show them how they should live...... Oh, and bring guns, they might not like it."

We made them our enemies bro, deal with it. Their only fault was that they were living on something which we badly needed....

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
You are both absolutely right. And i wasnt trying to justify these guys in London, far from it. I would be a sick person if i even tried to do that. All i was saying is that we percieve differently when a Muslim or a person from the third world countries does this than when one of "our" guys does it. I was urged to write what i wrote because of comments like "Fuck the muslims", "fuck the islamists", "fuck the terrorists".

Not every muslim is a terrorist and not every terrorist is a muslim.

- - - Updated - - -

Making your enemy's soldiers, which you have jailed, have sex between them and doing all sorts of inhumane things (God knows how many have been executed in prisons in the most degrading ways)

Bombing? You are seriously mentioning bombing? They may have bombed a marathong but the big guys bomb whole nations. Dude, i am a Balkan, i live in The Balkans, dont get me started on all the unnecessary bombings we have suffered from the big guys and were never tagged as terrorist attacks only because they named the bombings "spreading democracy".

And when it comes to the rest of your arguments i will just tell you this. They have lived like that their whole lives, with the same laws, and same ways of life. But they were doing it amongst themselves and in their countries untill someone woke up one day, at the other end of the world and said " Hey, i dont like them muslims and their way of life, they should have democracy, lets go there and show them how they should live...... Oh, and bring guns, they might not like it."

We made them our enemies bro, deal with it. Their only fault was that they were living on something which we badly needed....
I love the double-standard in this post. .

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I didn't read the post - just his double-standards.
I dont know you or where you're from but all i can tell you is that my country and this whole region where i live has seen much evil from the western civilizations. Now, i dont go arround blowing up stuff and killing people in revenge but let me get one thing straight.... If i had lost, lets say, one of my parents or a wife or a child in the process i cant guarantee you i wouldnt have gone all "Alahahahalahlaha" on your marathong running ass.......

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I dont know you or where you're from but all i can tell you is that my country and this whole region where i live has seen much evil from the western civilizations. Now, i dont go arround blowing up stuff and killing people in revenge but let me get one thing straight.... If i had lost, lets say, one of my parents or a wife or a child in the process i cant guarantee you i wouldnt have gone all "Alahahahalahlaha" on your marathong running ass.......
Let me stop being vague - you complain about people apply the same yardstick to every muslim, but you do exact the same the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)