New warnings system being tested (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Martin said:
erm, what are those links supposed to be? When I click on them I get "no matches"
Odd, so do I. They were links to recent posts of a couple of members who'd used all caps almost exclusively. Not sure how to link to that now. :confused2

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Was Stuart one of them? I don't see him posting in all caps and yet he got a warning for it. Why I've no idea, it's not like you're trying to stop him doing it all the time, who cares if he does it once or twice?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
seems like an interesting bunch of guidelines/rules....for the caps lock thing, is that up to the mods, or is it automatic? one can hardly blame a person say if trez scores on the 89th minute and they post "GOAL TREZEGUET" or something like that imo

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
HWIENIAWSKI said:
seems like an interesting bunch of guidelines/rules....for the caps lock thing, is that up to the mods, or is it automatic? one can hardly blame a person say if trez scores on the 89th minute and they post "GOAL TREZEGUET" or something like that imo
It's up to the mods. I'm getting the impression we may have been a little too enthusiastic enforcing that one, but things will settle down - it always takes a few days to get used to any shift in here.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
mikhail said:
It's up to the mods. I'm getting the impression we may have been a little too enthusiastic enforcing that one, but things will settle down - it always takes a few days to get used to any shift in here.

that's true...it always takes awhile around here. but glad to know it wont be enforced too anally

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
he he he i got a warning for posting in the official scandal update thread for saying ok hahaha, funny thing is if i could be bothered to appeal i can show several threads where mods have de-railed the coversation, but i quite like the yellow, a bit of a nod to my project mayhem theme

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #59
    Martin said:
    I gotta say giving warnings for posting in caps is like bookings for taking the shirt off after celebrating a goal, it's idiotic. Of course it's not nice to have the posts in caps but very few people actually post consistently in caps à la Vinman, so when they do post in caps it's because they have something special to say. Which is rather understandable in match threads. Otherwise they can post "we scored!!!!!!!!!" in lowercase, which ultimately makes very little difference, cause the message is the same. It's not like you save space by replacing ascii characters.

Anywho: mechanical sanctions of uppercase posting is dumb and you know it. :)
    People only get warned if it's very annoying though. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)