New warnings system being tested (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Then I'll just have to tell you what I think about the Lebanese, in a months time.
We can't wait to see what's on Sebi's calendar for July then. :eyebrows:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
swag said:
Does this mean I can just yellow card you now for that? ;)

Sure, but while you're at it you might as well just send me off, seeing as in July your life is going to end. I'll be getting my license, you'll be getting your rear bumper smashed in :p

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Sure, but while you're at it you might as well just send me off, seeing as in July your life is going to end. I'll be getting my license, you'll be getting your rear bumper smashed in :p
I have this vision of myself on the operating table after a terrible traffic accident. The ER doc flips me over on my back and discovers a sheet of metal lodged into the back of my skull. And on it reads the embossed words....

California

ALE JUVE

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :scared:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
swag said:
I have this vision of myself on the operating table after a terrible traffic accident. The ER doc flips me over on my back and discovers a sheet of metal lodged into the back of my skull. And on it reads the embossed words....

California

ALE JUVE

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :scared:

Unfortunately, that's my dad's car. Mine reads "JUVE ALE" :lol2:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Just looking at how u guys issue warnings during this delicate period has definitely worked and it will remind users to watch their language and make more sensible posts.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Jeeks said:
No they are not permenant, they disappear after 30 days.
I think he meant he hopes the graphic will be upgraded, not that it disappears after a bit. :p

Byrone said:
could i request for a member to be banned & do i get a yellow card for that request?:D
You could indicate a post you consider worthy of a ban, and if you're wasting our time, maybe you'll get the card. :wink:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
mikhail said:
I think he meant he hopes the graphic will be upgraded, not that it disappears after a bit. :p

You could indicate a post you consider worthy of a ban, and if you're wasting our time, maybe you'll get the card. :wink:
Oh, he meant the white background around the card? Yes, it is not elegant.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I gotta say giving warnings for posting in caps is like bookings for taking the shirt off after celebrating a goal, it's idiotic. Of course it's not nice to have the posts in caps but very few people actually post consistently in caps à la Vinman, so when they do post in caps it's because they have something special to say. Which is rather understandable in match threads. Otherwise they can post "we scored!!!!!!!!!" in lowercase, which ultimately makes very little difference, cause the message is the same. It's not like you save space by replacing ascii characters.

Anywho: mechanical sanctions of uppercase posting is dumb and you know it. :)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Martin said:
I gotta say giving warnings for posting in caps is like bookings for taking the shirt off after celebrating a goal, it's idiotic. Of course it's not nice to have the posts in caps but very few people actually post consistently in caps à la Vinman, so when they do post in caps it's because they have something special to say. Which is rather understandable in match threads. Otherwise they can post "we scored!!!!!!!!!" in lowercase, which ultimately makes very little difference, cause the message is the same. It's not like you save space by replacing ascii characters.

Anywho: mechanical sanctions of uppercase posting is dumb and you know it. :)

what ??

show me one post where I put everything in CAPS, I never use them for entire posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)