New transfer rumurs (2 Viewers)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Christian Panucci insists that he won’t be the latest player to leave Roma for Juventus this summer.

The defender has been linked with a switch given Juve’s need for a new defender and his close relationship with boss Fabio Capello.

But the Italian international has announced that he has no intention of wearing the Bianconeri jersey.

"I would never go to Juventus," he told journalists at the club’s Trigoria training base. "You can forget about that idea."

The right-back has been signed by Capello on three occasions in the past after spells with him at Milan, Real Madrid and in the Italian capital.

Speculation suggested that Capello had convinced Juve to make a bid but the player seems uninterested.

The Olimpico outfit have already lost Emerson, Jonathan Zebina and Capello to the Turin side over the last few months.

Screw you too you little shit :fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
Christian Panucci insists that he won’t be the latest player to leave Roma for Juventus this summer.

The defender has been linked with a switch given Juve’s need for a new defender and his close relationship with boss Fabio Capello.

But the Italian international has announced that he has no intention of wearing the Bianconeri jersey.

"I would never go to Juventus," he told journalists at the club’s Trigoria training base. "You can forget about that idea."

The right-back has been signed by Capello on three occasions in the past after spells with him at Milan, Real Madrid and in the Italian capital.

Speculation suggested that Capello had convinced Juve to make a bid but the player seems uninterested.

The Olimpico outfit have already lost Emerson, Jonathan Zebina and Capello to the Turin side over the last few months.

Screw you too you little shit :fero:

thanx god!!!

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++

Yes, that's good, but didn't Capello say the same thing once?

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
Football players always lie. They constantly say, they're not going to leave their club, they feel awsome where they are and in a result they play for Real.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
So Panucci says he never wants to play for Juve???

Thank you God!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!
Ha,ha,ha, that's really a good one, I mean joke.
Of course we don't need him. God , let him play for roma,for the rest of his future-short carear.:devil:

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Will he turn into another Capello?
Last year, Capello said he will never join Juve because of a lifestyle decision....look where he is now...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Emerson,

I rate Capello, as a matter of fact I think he is the best coach on earth in last decade or so. However, Dominic is spot on in questioning whether he fits into our needs. A great coach obviously has certain attributes which make them great in the first place, but they do not possess everything especially in comparative terms which means that they needs to be in a environment that is in line with their capabilities.
Now looking at Capello's career - One thing stands out. He won heck of lot of trophies with his stints with Milan, Real, and Roma. With Milan, he already inherited a fantastic group of players, 92 Milan team being one of the greatest if not the greatest club team ever assembled (They would absolutely shatter current Real). With Real, he came into a situation in which he had a team that was rapidly declining despite winning La Liga two years back in a league that was couple of notch below then dominant Serie A. With Roma, he took over from Zeman a competitive team but one that lacked talent to seriously challenge the big boys.
And yet he has won La Liga, Scudetti, CL with respective teams. How did he do it?
The common demoninator in his success with these teams is that he has a marvelous team in his disposal. In another words, Don Fabio is a master at knowing players capabilites, the way in which he wants the team to play, and putting together to make a good team. His aura, discipline, tactical awareness allows him to earn respect from players to achieve his goal. In Milan, the team was already there in place, and with Real and Roma he had to rebuild the team with investment. He signed Suker, Seedorf, Carlos, Mijatovic, Savio, et back then bank-breaking 20m sterling spounds in a team that was struggling with debt (And still now). This has later developed to become the basis of amazing run of success in CL. In Roma, he needed a savvy transfer campaign that brought Batistuta, Emerson, Samuel, Zebina, Guiguo to win Serie A. The manner in which he achieved success is obviously different every time, but the matter of fact is that Capello needed great players to win just like everybody do. The problem however is that Don Fabio hasnt really built his team based on internal development - i.e. bringing up youngsters and grooming them into starters, or rediscovering the form of existing player. Raul was already a star even before Capello took reign, and Totti was already fine player under Zeman. Obviously he raised the game of Candela, Raul, Tommassi, Seedorf to name a few and Savio actually looked like good player with Capello but those are minor success. Didier on the other hand, took over bunch of unknown players and took them to CL final. Obviously, Deschamp also relied a lot of new players from outside but bar Morientes they were low-profile transfers. Now, the way we conducted transfer campaign has not been Capello-esque rebuilding style, and with some suspicion in his ability to groom players, is he really the best man to develop Kapo, Olivera, Blasi, Chiellini, Miccoli et al ? Obviously patience is a virtue, espcially if Capello's style of management, and it may make sense to assess the team before barking on transfer campaign. And I dont question Don Fabio's tactical acumen, and desire for success but is Moggi capable of delivering the good that he needs? I doubt it.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Emerson,

I rate Capello, as a matter of fact I think he is the best coach on earth in last decade or so. However, Dominic is spot on in questioning whether he fits into our needs. A great coach obviously has certain attributes which make them great in the first place, but they do not possess everything especially in comparative terms which means that they needs to be in a environment that is in line with their capabilities.
Now looking at Capello's career - One thing stands out. He won heck of lot of trophies with his stints with Milan, Real, and Roma. With Milan, he already inherited a fantastic group of players, 92 Milan team being one of the greatest if not the greatest club team ever assembled (They would absolutely shatter current Real). With Real, he came into a situation in which he had a team that was rapidly declining despite winning La Liga two years back in a league that was couple of notch below then dominant Serie A. With Roma, he took over from Zeman a competitive team but one that lacked talent to seriously challenge the big boys.
And yet he has won La Liga, Scudetti, CL with respective teams. How did he do it?
The common demoninator in his success with these teams is that he has a marvelous team in his disposal. In another words, Don Fabio is a master at knowing players capabilites, the way in which he wants the team to play, and putting together to make a good team. His aura, discipline, tactical awareness allows him to earn respect from players to achieve his goal. In Milan, the team was already there in place, and with Real and Roma he had to rebuild the team with investment. He signed Suker, Seedorf, Carlos, Mijatovic, Savio, et back then bank-breaking 20m sterling spounds in a team that was struggling with debt (And still now). This has later developed to become the basis of amazing run of success in CL. In Roma, he needed a savvy transfer campaign that brought Batistuta, Emerson, Samuel, Zebina, Guiguo to win Serie A. The manner in which he achieved success is obviously different every time, but the matter of fact is that Capello needed great players to win just like everybody do. The problem however is that Don Fabio hasnt really built his team based on internal development - i.e. bringing up youngsters and grooming them into starters, or rediscovering the form of existing player. Raul was already a star even before Capello took reign, and Totti was already fine player under Zeman. Obviously he raised the game of Candela, Raul, Tommassi, Seedorf to name a few and Savio actually looked like good player with Capello but those are minor success. Didier on the other hand, took over bunch of unknown players and took them to CL final. Obviously, Deschamp also relied a lot of new players from outside but bar Morientes they were low-profile transfers. Now, the way we conducted transfer campaign has not been Capello-esque rebuilding style, and with some suspicion in his ability to groom players, is he really the best man to develop Kapo, Olivera, Blasi, Chiellini, Miccoli et al ? Obviously patience is a virtue, espcially if Capello's style of management, and it may make sense to assess the team before barking on transfer campaign. And I dont question Don Fabio's tactical acumen, and desire for success but is Moggi capable of delivering the good that he needs? I doubt it.
Good post, I think Capello can get the best out of Juve even though Moggi aint giving him any big name players. But we cant expect it to happen this year, at Roma he needed a year to build the squad that he wanted, and i think sooner or later Moggi can manage to give Capello some great players that he want. Emerson is already done, and Cannavaro should be next, even though it doesnt seem so!. Remember all the stars that already is on Juve too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)