• Luis Amaranto Perea

• Lucio

• Manuel Da Costa

• Luisao

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2006
While not the ideal solution, I think Ujfalusi would be a good solution. He is more experienced than Zapata and Ivanovic and he is the finished article, he'd also be quite cheap. His contract expires next season, as far as I know.
Zapata gets rave reviews every game and looked really solid against us too..

We should spend and get a real Serie A player not a cheap stop-gap.. Again Grygera/Zebina are too similar to Ujfalusi

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
If the reports are true that the "Senators" weren't too sure they wanted Cannavaro back, there's no way Thuram would be wanted anywhere near them, especially since he was there for 6 years and then just bolted. Talk about persona non grata. Let him rot in Barca.

I think the shortlist should be Barzagli, F. Cannavaro, Zapata, Marquez, Alex, Lugano, Ivanovic.

No half assing with the likes of Ujfalusi, Senderos, Cris, Lucio or Basa, unless they accompany one of the aforementioned players.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Senderos is anything but half assing.This guy's a future superstar.
Perhaps, but from what I've seen, he could just as easily be the Swiss Legrottaglie. Regardless, I don't see him stepping in and instantly making a difference, therefore its a halfassed solution. I'm not even sold on Ivanovic being that instant difference maker, but I'm deferring to the people on the board who have seen him play more than once and say he's the real deal who could instantly step up.

They already have Criscito as the superstar potential experiment. With Andrade down till March, they can't afford two. Anything less than a proven performer (Zapata is the exception cause he's proven in Serie A) would be reckless if they want to reach the goal of CL or even challenge for lo scudetto.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
The risk attached with Zapata is only a notch above the risk involved with Cristico and Senderos IMO. He's only 21,and thus he does lack experience. He hasnt been playing in Serie A for ages. If we really do need a risk free investment, then we should go for someone like Samuel. But he wont be that cheap. The only defender with a decent amount of Serie A experience that we might have a good shot at during January is Ujfalusi.Players like Barzagli,Cannavaro,Alex etc wont be for sale midway during the same.We can get Ujfalusi as a stop gap measure in January, and get a full term replacement in June.Ujfalusi would a good addition to the squad anyway.

May 22, 2007
The risk attached with Zapata is only a notch above the risk involved with Cristico and Senderos IMO. He's only 21,and thus he does lack experience. He hasnt been playing in Serie A for ages. If we really do need a risk free investment, then we should go for someone like Samuel. But he wont be that cheap. The only defender with a decent amount of Serie A experience that we might have a good shot at during January is Ujfalusi.Players like Barzagli,Cannavaro,Alex etc wont be for sale midway during the same.We can get Ujfalusi as a stop gap measure in January, and get a full term replacement in June.Ujfalusi would a good addition to the squad anyway.
I agree with the risk being attached to Zapata. His strength and pace would be a great advantage which Criscito doesn't have and Senderos doesn't have the Serie A experience, so he is risky but a better option.

I can't see why we aren't linked with a 25(24-27) year old defender. They are mostly 29+ or 21.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Good points.

Zapata is the same age (approx) but he's proven a lot more in that time, and hasn't really been prone to the inconsistency that Senderos and Criscito have. The bonus with him is that he'd likely be a solid contributor for years. I agree he is a risk, but a lesser one than Senderos... and he might just be the best player available in January.

With all the injury problems Inter has been having, and the fact that Inter isn't really a midtable team that can be bought, I don't see Samuel as an option. However, it doesn't hurt to inquire.

Ujfalusi would be easy enough to get, but he's not a leader, and he's really no better than Grygera or Zebina. If brought in conjunction with someone else, he'd be nice to have, but he's far from an Andrade replacement and a tutor for Criscito.

Alex can not be happy riding pine in Chelsea. With Ben-Haim, Carvalho, Belletti and him all vying for two spots, plus the uncertainty of a post-Mourinho era, something is gonna give in Chelsea.

Barzagli would be most difficult, but Palermo can definitely be bought. Depending on their current campaign, he could be most available for the right price... and make no mistake, that price would be high.

Cannavaro would be tough too, but far from impossible. Real Madrid is a very moody team with a surplus of top CBs. A compelling bid might spark a sale in January.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I really want us to get Ivanovic but he's not my choice for January. We need someone to lead the defense, someone like Cannavaro, and as much good Ivanovic is i doubt he can be a leader at 23.
Having Criscito-Ivanovic can be even bigger disaster than what we have now.

But i don't want us to miss out on the Serb so the best choice is to buy Ivanovic and a defense leader.
Tottaly agree that Ivanovic might not be an answer to what we need and that also it would be to bad to miss him.

A panic buy is the typical thing we want to avoid right now. The player we buy (if we do) should be bought on the basis of extensive scouting and with the insight of Ranieri.
There's no point in buying a player just because he's hot property right now.
That's what I tried to say before. Let's scout till january and than buy the best possible option.

I can't believe so many people still think Barzagli's a good defender.
Me neither, he is so overrated andm ostly because he is Italian.

:agree: Ujfalusi seems as a good options at the moment. Guy have expirience and is a good players and still might be available.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Chelsea verlangt für seinen Abwehrspieler 20 Millionen Euro

Die Tottenham Hotspurs sind am Innenverteidiger der "Blues" Ricardo Carvalho interessiert. Der 29-jährige Portugiese hat noch einen Vertrag bis 2012 mit dem Verein. Trotz des Abganges von Trainer José Mourinho will der Spieler beim Klub aus London bleiben, dies bestätigte er am Montag gleich selbst. Chelsea hat den "Spurs" hingegen zu vestehen gegeben, dass Carvalho für eine Ablösesumme von 20 Millionen Euro verkauft werden könnte.

http://www.4-4-2.com/haupttribuene/...september/2007/article/carvalho-zu-tottenham/

It says that Tottenham is interested in Carvalho,apart from the fact that Carvalho himself revealed he wants to stay at Chelsea.But the positive thing is that CHelsea is willing to let him go,but for the fee of 20 m €.

Too much imo,so next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)