• Lucio

• Manuel Da Costa

• Luisao

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
interesting that so many people have voted for Ivanovic. I wonder how many people have actually seen him play?

I like the sound of him, but i didn't feel that i could vote for him as i have never seen him in action (apart from youtube)

Geof

May 14, 2004
A panic buy is the typical thing we want to avoid right now. The player we buy (if we do) should be bought on the basis of extensive scouting and with the insight of Ranieri.
There's no point in buying a player just because he's hot property right now.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Screw this Ujfalusi (sp who cares) we have a mediocre Czech CB/RB already!

Zapata is the one.. Though I would like Ivanovic too.
While not the ideal solution, I think Ujfalusi would be a good solution. He is more experienced than Zapata and Ivanovic and he is the finished article, he'd also be quite cheap. His contract expires next season, as far as I know.

Geof

May 14, 2004
While not the ideal solution, I think Ujfalusi would be a good solution. He is more experienced than Zapata and Ivanovic and he is the finished article, he'd also be quite cheap. His contract expires next season, as far as I know.
And Secco seems to love trading with Fiorentina.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
:agree:

He is experienced,solid and cheap,he'd cost us not more than 3m €.Fiorentina have to sell him in January,otherwise he'd be a free agent in summer.They have no choice.Maybe we can go for him and for Ivanovic in January.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
A panic buy is the typical thing we want to avoid right now. The player we buy (if we do) should be bought on the basis of extensive scouting and with the insight of Ranieri.
There's no point in buying a player just because he's hot property right now.
Well said :agree:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Thuram Linked With Juventus Return

After the horrific injury sustained by defender Jorge Andrade on Sunday, French veteran Lilian Thuram is the latest defender to be linked with Juventus.

Portugal defender, Andrade, sustained a broken kneecap during the 2-2 draw with Roma at the Stadio Olimpico. Early reports suggested that the defender was almost certain to miss the rest of the season and La Gazzetta dello Sport even claimed that the player’s career may be over.

It now appears that Andrade will be out until March but this still leaves Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri desperate to bring in at least one top-class central defender.

The Bianconeri have been linked with a host of players since Sunday. Branislav Ivanovic, Diego Lugano, Luigi Di Biagio, Paolo Negro and most recently Tomas Ujfalusi have all been touted as possible replacements.

Tuttosport are now reporting that the Juventus hierarchy will make their move for out-of-favour Barcelona centre back Lilian Thuram. The French legend played for Juventus for five seasons between 2001 and 2006, winning four Scudetti.

He left to join the Spanish-giants after the Calciopoli scandal in 2006 but has lost his place in the Barca first-team and now finds himself way down the defensive pecking order, behind the likes of Carles Puyol, Rafael Marquez and new signing Gabriel Milito.

Thuram, who will turn 36 in January, is believed to be in favour of the move in order to get regular first-team football ahead of the Euro 2008 Championships next June. Ranieri has also given his go-ahead as he believes the France record cap-holder will act as the perfect mentor for the young Domenico Criscito, whilst also adding some much-needed experience to the Juve back-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)