• Lucio

• Manuel Da Costa

• Luisao

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
the club had to make the choice between chiellini and balzaretti, not molinaro. molinaro was brought in for back up to Chiellini. Balzaretti didnt want to be benched, and lets face it, he was too good to be benched.

who would have ever thought Chiellini would have been turned out to be a good central defender this season.
If he was too good to be benched why did he pick Fiorentina, where he has barely played more than 1 game all season. Your explanation doesn't make sense.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Balza was pleased with the sub status, he never complained about, besides the rotation system always gave him the chance to play, he was a reliable solution and the best LB back up we could ask (plus the fact, that he is Italian) . He was off form lately but right now with the problems we currently have in the center of our defense and the conversion of Chiellini to CB, Balza would be a regular starter. He is twice the player Molinaro ever will be. It was a very very very bad call by Secco, to replace a very good back up with a cheap player and he is rightfully accused that he helps Fiorentina while harming Juve.
He already made two painful mistakes, Mutu and Balza and also gave away Blasi for no reason, we gain nothing out of this deal, he either helps Fiorentina conciously or he really is that stupid, those mistakes were blatanly obvious, there is no excuse for him...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If he was too good to be benched why did he pick Fiorentina, where he has barely played more than 1 game all season. Your explanation doesn't make sense.
Disregard Fiorentina and think back to when balzaretti was at juve. he was a good left back, in fact he played very well in my opinion, better than chiellini. however, chiellini was younger. the club at that time, obviously not knowing that balza would be benched at fiorentina had to make a choice to keep one of chiellini or balza, based on the fact that both were left backs, and it would be too hard to further develop either whilst on bench.

Therefore they chose Chiellini to be the left back for the future of the club.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Disregard Fiorentina and think back to when balzaretti was at juve. he was a good left back, in fact he played very well in my opinion, better than chiellini. however, chiellini was younger. the club at that time, obviously not knowing that balza would be benched at fiorentina had to make a choice to keep one of chiellini or balza, based on the fact that both were left backs, and it would be too hard to further develop either whilst on bench.

Therefore they chose Chiellini to be the left back for the future of the club.
But it should have been obvious that he would have been benched in fiorentina..i mean come on..who really expected him to take Pasquals place..who is one of the untouchables in Fiorentina now.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
the club had to make the choice between chiellini and balzaretti, not molinaro. molinaro was brought in for back up to Chiellini. Balzaretti didnt want to be benched, and lets face it, he was too good to be benched.

who would have ever thought Chiellini would have been turned out to be a good central defender this season.
To me and many others, it was bleedingly obvious that Chiellini was more suited to CB than his original LB even before the U21 Euro champs last year.. Thats why i was baffled when at the start of the transfer Ranieri said we would be covered at LB with just Molinaro & Chiellini.. For a man with his expereince he should have seen it coming

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #537
    i know his a RB but we can put in a LB position
    I'm not a fan of playing guys out of position. He's a right footer and couldn't cross with the left, he'd need to stop, put it on the right and cross. Too much time, defenders will eat him up. Plus he's come back from a serious injury and would need time to get back on form.

If we decide to sell Zebina then he could be a good addition for the RB position. Zebina is doing the job so it's not a necessity.

I would bring back De Ceglie next season.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
    I'm not a fan of playing guys out of position. He's a right footer and couldn't cross with the left, he'd need to stop, put it on the right and cross. Too much time, defenders will eat him up. Plus he's come back from a serious injury and would need time to get back on form.

If we decide to sell Zebina then he could be a good addition for the RB position. Zebina is doing the job so it's not a necessity.

I would bring back De Ceglie next season.
    Look at both Lahm (right foot) and Messi (lefty). Messi doesn't stop to cross the ball instead goes towards it and eithers scores or assists. Lahm is originaly a RB but he started excelling when switched to LB. Well my point to all of this is that experimenting with players isn't always bad.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #540
    Look at both Lahm (right foot) and Messi (lefty). Messi doesn't stop to cross the ball instead goes towards it and eithers scores or assists. Lahm is originaly a RB but he started excelling when switched to LB. Well my point to all of this is that experimenting with players isn't always bad.
    I feel we would get a Sagnol at 75% as a LB and he wouldn't be keen to adjust to this role at 31.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)