Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #565
    Biri will be out of contract and won't be renewed. Well, that's what I'd do.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Thanks. That is what I was guessing anyway, that his contract won´t be renewed after it expires. I just didn´t know it will already be this summer.

I assume he´ll get a position in the club staff, no?

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #569
    I don't know, maybe he'd like to play for his former club Empoli. Boh! He could have a job at Juve later but not before Pavel and Alex.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Birindelli is veteran,he won't be sold.
    He just turned 33. If he's still motivated, he could play two or three more seasons. Of course, Juve doesn't seem realistic, with all due respect.

Maybe Empoli, but he left them for us when they were still in Serie C1, so I guess the club has changed drastically since those days. Does he still have anything to do with the guys in charge right now?

Maybe he could enjoy his time in a Serie B club where he'd be welcomed as a hero... dunno.

Anyway if he leaves us at the end of the season it will be after ten years at this club. Respect for that.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    He just turned 33. If he's still motivated, he could play two or three more seasons. Of course, Juve doesn't seem realistic, with all due respect.

Maybe Empoli, but he left them for us when they were still in Serie C1, so I guess the club has changed drastically since those days. Does he still have anything to do with the guys in charge right now?

Maybe he could enjoy his time in a Serie B club where he'd be welcomed as a hero... dunno.

Anyway if he leaves us at the end of the season it will be after ten years at this club. Respect for that.
    I think he will stay one more year and then retire...

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Now Mellberg Denies Juventus Agreement Rather surprisingly, Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg has denied that he reached an agreement with Juventus, contrary to what has been reported by the media in the last few weeks.
    Now Mellberg Denies Juventus Agreement

Mellberg may remain at Aston Villa after all. This was the perception that emerged from the Swedish defender's latest comments to the press regarding to his future.

"I will not comment on rumours or newspaper stories on this matter," said Mellberg, asked about a possible deal with Juventus.

In the last few days, Mellberg was spotted in Turin with some Juventus directors, and this obviously pushed forward the theory that he went to Italy to sign the deal with his future club, which he is eligible to do as his contract expires in June.

Asked about this rumoured trip, he responded: "I do not want to comment on anything at this stage.

"I must still decide whether to sign with some other club or renew with Aston Villa.

"This rumour has just as much to do with Aston Villa.

"Whether I sign for someone else or agree an extension with Villa, or whatever I may yet decide, it will become official fairly quickly but nothing has been done yet."

These latest declarations could just be a way to force Aston Villa to offer him a better deal before he eventually makes his decision.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)