• Manuel Da Costa

• Luisao

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
To me and many others, it was bleedingly obvious that Chiellini was more suited to CB than his original LB even before the U21 Euro champs last year.. Thats why i was baffled when at the start of the transfer Ranieri said we would be covered at LB with just Molinaro & Chiellini.. For a man with his expereince he should have seen it coming
If Andrade and Boumsong were fully fit and Criscito was half the man the made him to be, that wouldnt come...
Zebina and Chiellini were 2 fullbacks able to cover the CB role, Chie took that place because we run out of solutions, most of the are injured and the rest...just suck... for now at least.
Still that doesnt change the fact that we have no decent LB, this Molinaro isnt and never will be Juve material, that was a real mistake. Maybe CR and Secco couldnt anticipate that our main CBs will get injured simultaneusly, but what were our choices for the games was suspended, or even worse, injured??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
in all honesty Molinaro hasn't been THAT bad...his crossing is awful but he has done alright in the season so far...
Molinaro hasn't been bad at all.... he just hasn't been that good. He's an excellent substitute/reserve... but top teams don't have players like him as their first choice wingback. It was alright at first when he was Chiellini's understudy... but now we've found our centreback from within, a top wingback is now needed.

Grosso and Pasqual are the two best choices that are somewhat attainable. Buying Ivanovic, Barzagli, etc. would be a nice second choice, but would mean pushing Chiellini back to LB where he is not quite as effective.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Molinaro is sometimes good at defending, he knows how to take the ball from the opponent, but when he have the ball he looks like headless chicken, he doesn't know what to do with the ball so he start running towards something and eventually loose the ball. At least that's what I saw from him against Milan.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Molinaro is a waste of time and space, he is half useless,
he isnt effective either us a solid defender, or like a fast paced attacking winger back,
he cant pass, ha cant cross he cant dribble, he isnt skilled enough to make a taclin in the box or stop an enemy winger from making a cross or make it to our box.
Juve hasnt seen such a bad LB for over a decade.
Chiellini is a very good LB, one of the best Italy currently has,
he is fast, he can cross and he can shut down the space there,
he is strong enough to play as a CB too, but that doesnt automatically makes him a CB...

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
I feel we would get a Sagnol at 75% as a LB and he wouldn't be keen to adjust to this role at 31.
I am not saying that I would want Sagnol as a LB, just saying that sometimes playing players in different positions can be useful or even improve a players ability.

PS: I like the new smileys keep up the good job :flag:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
in all honesty Molinaro hasn't been THAT bad...his crossing is awful but he has done alright in the season so far...
Exactly. Don´t know why is he being dissed so much. His defending is WAAAAAAY better than Balza whom I am glad we let go to Fiorentina.

Molinaro is a waste of time and space, he is half useless,
he isnt effective either us a solid defender, or like a fast paced attacking winger back,
he cant pass, ha cant cross he cant dribble, he isnt skilled enough to make a taclin in the box or stop an enemy winger from making a cross or make it to our box.
Juve hasnt seen such a bad LB for over a decade.
Chiellini is a very good LB, one of the best Italy currently has,
he is fast, he can cross and he can shut down the space there,
he is strong enough to play as a CB too, but that doesnt automatically makes him a CB...
This is exagerrating. Molinaro is OK and Chiellini IS better as a CB. He said himself that he prefers playing there and he is more needed as a CB. I don´t see a reason to move him back to LB.

Jul 2, 2006
Juventus To Sign Barzagli?

Juventus could sign Palermo stopper Andrea Barzagli in January, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

The Bianconeri are well-known to be looking for a top-class centre back following the long-term injury to Jorge Andrade, who will miss most of the season with a broken kneecap.

Their first choice replacement had been Lokomotiv Moscow’s Branislav Ivanovic, however talks with the Russian club have hit a dead end over the past week, forcing Juve to look at other targets.

Top of the list is 26-year-old Barzagli. Regarded by many as the heir to Fabio Cannavaro in the Italian national team, once Il Capitano retires, Barzagli had not originally been a favourite of Juve boss Claudio Ranieri.

However some brilliant performances for the Azzurri over the past few months, most notably in the games against France and Scotland, seem to have altered the Tinkerman’s opinion.

Juventus are now set to offer the loan of young prospect Domenico Criscito plus cash to bring the ex-Chievo man to Turin.

It is highly possible that the transfer could go ahead as early as January, as Barzagli currently has a fractious relationship with the Palermo fans, after he heavily criticised them last month for booing the team against Parma.

Gianni Wilson

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #550
    I'd prefer Mellberg for free rather than Barzagli at 12-15m €.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
    I'd prefer a starter quality defender like Barzagli for 10-12m € and giving Criscito needed first team experience with a decent Serie A team, then yet another substitute/reserve quality player from the freebie bin.

Though unless Chiellini is ready to return to LB... I don't comprehend the love affair with all the CBs... going forward with Andrade, Chiellini, Legrottaglie, Criscito, and Grygera (capable in a pinch) is not exactly working from weakness. Not when two other glaring holes are apparent.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Here`s what Cobolli Gigli said...

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has promised that he will bring in new faces this summer.

“We will strengthen the squad and look at the young Juventini who are gaining experience elsewhere,” the Bianconeri head told the Corriere dello Sport.

“The Juve project is going forward with a solid group as a club and as a team.

We are going well in the League and we are looking to finish in second or third place so we can qualify for the Champions League, which will bring us international prestige and financial benefits.

“Next year, as a fan, I would like to see us win a bigger trophy rather than the Scudetto, but we can’t make choices like that
    .”

I believe in Tiago Mendes ( Yeah right,then tell that to stupid Ranieri) and we are certain that Alessandro Del Piero will be our captain and leader,” he insisted. “Even now that he isn’t always playing, he is a great example to follow.”

Fu*k you Gigli,buy someone in january!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Yeah, but he settled. It's tough to settle when you come in middle of the season, player don't have time to settle properly, but still we shouldn't call them flops.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    barzagli would be a great buy. he is very solid and consistent and id take him over mellberg anyday. 2 reasons: barzagli already plays in italy and is more suited to the italian playing style.2nd he is younger and has more years in him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)