New Azzurri coach (1 Viewer)

Who would you like as new Azzurri coach?

• Trap should stay

• Fabio Capello

• Marcello Lippi

• Luigi Del Neri

• Dino Zoff

• Carlos Bianchi

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
"The Italian Football Federation has the utmost respect for Giovanni Trapattoni on a human and professional scale," said President Franco Carraro.

Me too, but now it's time for a vacation:D

Marco Tardelli ??? Claudio Gentile??

I hope it's a kind of a joke:confused:

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Zoff was criticized for being defensive minded at Euro2000. Though I actually thought the first few games were quite interesting to watch and they were comfortably won. Then came the fateful semifinal and final. Zoff resigned.

Trap took over and it seemed he was doing a great job. They were winning comfortably and apparently playing an attacking game too. The qualifications were easily won but then came the problems. Trap changed the formation just before the WC from the one used nonstop for 2 years. The WC performance was very poor, relying on Vieri to score and the defence to keep it tight at the back. I think that to those who saw Italy cruise through the qualifiers it must have been a painful sight to see them do so poorly in Korea/Japan. Trap was excused due to poor refereeing, there is no way Italy would have won playing like they did. The team touted winners only made the quarter finals but Trap stayed on.

Then post-WC history it seems he is getting everything wrong. Three very poor matches, a loss to Slovenia marks a new and non-improved Italy. Two years to qualify for Euro2004 and there is no light in the tunnel. The tactics are all wrong, the performance is not what it was, it's all going wrong. A lot of people seem to think Trap has no idea what he's doing.

I think it's time for a new coach. Top choice would be Capello, otherwise I would not sacrifice Juve to get Lippi, rather to go for someone with an outside approach like Bianchi. It's been said the same set of men rule Italian soccer, as the influx of coaches in Serie A is minimal lately. I don't think it would hurt to employ a merited outside coach like Bianchi.

I agree 100%

More than this, I believe Sensi is not confident in Capello anymore, like he said at the beginning of the season , so why we should not make him happy?
I mean we could switch Trap to Roma and Capello to NT :D:cool::devil:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
cosmi, other than our own lippi is imo the best manager in italy and for the last 3/4 years has been head and shoulders above the rest... add to that he is a financial wizard and the best talent spotter in world football!!
He is also capable of getting far more out of a player than his talent deserves, he does things his way and is not stryed by anyone.... a great ,great manager!!

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++

but it may be different coaching small team like perugia then a big team like italy NT.
Maybe, but he wouldn't have the baggage some of the other coaches have(or their defensive tactics). Besides, there's no rule to define how much success a coach going into NT management from league management will be able to attain, look at Trap, won everything at league level, at international level...............

mate

Aug 28, 2002
wow, sounds great. thanks for answering.
but it may be different coaching small team like perugia then a big team like italy NT.
Italy siuation is so bad at the moment... so I think that to have a coach who is used to fight not to go in serie B is even better than to have one who is used to work in the "golden olimpo" of the big teams.
Cosmi is probably the one who has more personality and he is used to work in polemics (sorry if I use this word too mutch:D) cause Gaucci (Perugia president) is the craziest of Italy... so he won't loose himself in the "heavy air" that is always around the NT...
But the problem is still the same: the FICG peaple are old and jurassic, so they will never pick up somebody like Cosmi!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

Cosmi is probably the one who has more personality and he is used to work in polemics (sorry if I use this word too mutch:D) cause Gaucci (Perugia president) is the craziest of Italy... so he won't loose himself in the "heavy air" that is always around the NT...
ahh, he is the one who said those stupid things about ahn... crazy indeed

mate

Aug 28, 2002
ahh, he is the one who said those stupid things about ahn... crazy indeed
Yes is him!!! :D:D:D And this is just one of the stupid and crazy things he sayd or did... :D:D:D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Cosmi is a good choice and I have seen Perugia a few times and they do play some good football

The biggest point that Respaul made imo as per Cosmi is that he brings out the best in his players and that is what is seriously lacking in the Nt at the moment

I do have reservations however for Lippi as Nt manager, he seems to have an ego problem and that is the last thing that the Nt needs right now , another Sacchi who has/had no idea how to deal with big players, so therefore called everyone and his mum to the Nt and Italy just played with average yes men but with no style or pattern. Also Lippi's record against big teams and rival managers is not great and to win Euro2004 and wc 2006, you will have to meet and beat top teams, something Lippi's teams have a problem doing

Del Neri too is a good club manager but do Italy have the palyers to play his brand of football, I mean are there any fast right wingers in Italy at the moment

Vialli may have tapered a bit as a club manager but he has international experience as a player and not too distant, as he probably knows the modern requirement of international football as if Voeller, Hughes and Savicevic can do well, why not Luca

So the probable 2 best candidates are Cosmi and Vialli

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #38
    ++ [ originally posted by respaul ] ++
    cosmi, other than our own lippi is imo the best manager in italy and for the last 3/4 years has been head and shoulders above the rest... add to that he is a financial wizard and the best talent spotter in world football!!
    He is also capable of getting far more out of a player than his talent deserves, he does things his way and is not stryed by anyone.... a great ,great manager!!
    Well the question remains how does that translate to the NT? I mean he won't have the players in training all the time, will he still get the best out of them? Not to mention that these are not young and promising players, they are stars who (for better or for worse) think highly of themselves. Just my wondering. :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    good point Alex....but its not about how good the players feel...its how they play.

i hear trap is a great guy with Great personality...the players love him....but he can't do $hit on the field with the NT.

Stars = young players + age + experience + more talant ;)

so i dont think there will be too much difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)