Nationals again and again (3 Viewers)

OP
BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #81
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Incidentally, I do have history on my side, I believe the Czech got 10 wins out of 10 in qualifying for Euro2000 ;)
    I've never told that you were wrong. My post was coming into your support, or at least that was my intention :)

I
    quite like him and I think he's grown tremendously at ManU, he finally looks like he belongs in the team, like he's good enough to start. And for Norway he's the only creative spark the last century or so.
    I guess he is, anyway better than Carew (no thanks), who isn't able to do else than to jump or extend a leg to catch the ball. At least, OGS dribbles, and seems to me more like an offensive mid :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Speaking of Norway and their dull set pieces approach, don't take this as a prophecy or anything but I think future generation will fare better. I take the field and I see kids around me playing the beautiful game, they're not doing set pieces (yes of course some still are), they're taking shots, they can dribble, they got skill on the ball. Just the other day I saw a little kid in a Totti shirt (of all things) with serious ball skill considering the age, he was going past his older friends just like that. I think the trend is changing, Norwegians are inspired and their repertoire is broadening. :cool:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    I've never told that you were wrong. My post was coming into your support, or at least that was my intention :)
    Yes, I know that, I was just explaining how trivial an obervation it was on my part ;)

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #84
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++

I'm not sure, but our commentator here mentioned it here. He said it was something like 200.000 €, but I'm not sure if its true :undecide:
    The FRF leaders were talking about that, you know, like we should pay you a sum if you'll beat the both Nordic countries. Then the president came and said that all those are just ridiculous rumours :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, that could be good as an extra motivation for us if you beat Denmark. There are a few players in the NT that still play in Bosnia, and those sums would be huge for them.

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #86
    Speaking of Norway and their dull set pieces approach, don't take this as a prophecy or anything but I think future generation will fare better. I take the field and I see kids around me playing the beautiful game, they're not doing set pieces (yes of course some still are), they're taking shots, they can dribble, they got skill on the ball. Just the other day I saw a little kid in a Totti shirt (of all things) with serious ball skill considering the age, he was going past his older friends just like that. I think the trend is changing, Norwegians are inspired and their repertoire is broadening. :cool:
    Well, this is good news for sure. Look at Denmark. They are a Nordic country as well, but they have artisans like Grokjaer or even Rommedahl. Of course, maybe the guys like Gravesen or Tofting are necessary too :scared:, but still ... At least in Norge's team you don't have too many bone-breackers, just that tall fellas great in headers, like Iversen :mad:.

So this growing of the technical skills can't do anything else than making me happy. They're on the good way :)

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #88
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    Well, that could be good as an extra motivation for us if you beat Denmark. There are a few players in the NT that still play in Bosnia, and those sums would be huge for them.
    So this is a good thing :devil:

BTW, where does the GK play ? Hasagic I think it's his name :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well, this is good news for sure. Look at Denmark. They are a Nordic country as well, but they have artisans like Grokjaer or even Rommedahl. Of course, maybe the guys like Gravesen or Tofting are necessary too :scared:, but still ... At least in Norge's team you don't have too many bone-breackers, just that tall fellas great in headers, like Iversen :mad:.
    Yeah I know, he sucks. He's famous cause his dad is some kind of legend and because he scored lots of goals for Rosenborg but take him out of the local league and he's lost, can't take a shot to save his life.

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #90

Yeah I know, he sucks. He's famous cause his dad is some kind of legend and because he scored lots of goals for Rosenborg but take him out of the local league and he's lost, can't take a shot to save his life.
    You know, I deeply dislike him for the unfair result against Romania in Bucharest. I mean, :wth: , we are playing better for 86 minutes and then Iversen takes a flight and brings the victory ?! Not fair.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

So this is a good thing :devil:

BTW, where does the GK play ? Hasagic I think it's his name :)
    He plays in Zeljeznicar, but he was really good and had a few failed transfers this year. He was really close to signing with Fenerbahce, and word on the street is that Bayer Leverkusen are interested in him now.

Mirko Hrgović plays in Wolfsburg I think, Dzemo Berberović (he didnt play yesterday) has been bought and then loaned out by Bayer Leverkusen, Spahić and Papac play in Bosnia, Konjić plays for Coventry City, and Hibić for Atletico Madrid, the goal scorer yesterday Zlatan Bajramović plays for Freiburg (he scored 14 goals for them last year from a MC position), Bolić plays for Turkish leaders Istambulspor, Grujić plays in Bosnia, Barbarez plays for HSV (he was joint top scorer with Ebbe Sand a few years back), Bešlija plays for Genk, Salihamidžić for Bayern Munchen, Vedin Musić for Monza and one of our best players Elvir Baljić ex-Real Madrid player is in Galatasaray now. When Real bought him (before Perez) that was their biggest transfer ever, something like 20 mil €. He tore his knee ligaments in the first week of training, they changed coaches and he never got back in the team.

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #93
    (Excuse me, thank you so much for the informations, but I've got to go help my mother :mad: So I'll talk to you two later, it was a real pleasure)

Thank you :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    You have changed alot since the last time I saw you post about Norway... or is my memory screwed up?
    A combination I think, but I've kinda given up now. I hope we don't make it to the Euro. It just kills me to see that we have a gigantic pool of great players, yet we suck with our awful lack of gameplan. In 94 we rose to number 2 in the FIFA ranking, and were stable around number 5. We had more or less bad players, but were probably number one in tactics and team spirit. We just have to change now.

And yes, Steffen Iversen is bad, but what's even worse is that he's being used as a mid. It's utterly ridicilous.

And Solskjær sucks too. Creative spark my ass, if he was half as concerned playing some good ball as starring in cheese commercials and naming his kids after biblical figures we might actually have a right side.

And Martin, I believe your very right in what you say about the young kids playing differently. No youth teams attack with the long ball, it's all about vision and technique now.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    And Solskjær sucks too. Creative spark my ass, if he was half as concerned playing some good ball as starring in cheese commercials and naming his kids after biblical figures we might actually have a right side.
    Once in a blue moon he does though, and there's noone else ;)

Btw, those kind of commercials should be banned :mad:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

I think you mean Modena.
    Yes I do, my bad. Thank you for pointing that out. He plays for Modena, and back here he was rumoured to join Juventus.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Once in a blue moon he does though, and there's noone else ;)

Btw, those kind of commercials should be banned :mad:
    Yes, they certainly should.

Solskjær just doesn't want to play for the NT anymore, the ungrateful bastard. He would be playing for Molde without the NT, as he was discivered by Manyoo there.

There are plenty of players who could add something creative, but Semb plays guys like Roar Strand. It's just no point then.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Actually, it's a funny situation. I very sporadically watch the Norwegian league and it's like a year in between players who catch my eye. One was Petter Kopteff, turned out he's Finnish, another was that guy with the hair from VIF, tuned out to be Swedish. :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Actually, it's a funny situation. I very sporadically watch the Norwegian league and it's like a year in between players who catch my eye. One was Petter Kopteff, turned out he's Finnish, another was that guy with the hair from VIF, tuned out to be Swedish. :D
    Tobias Grahn? :D
    Man, he was a bastard.
    I haven't really seen Kopteff, heard he's good tough.

I would like to see how Hoseth would do. He needs to go abroad to develop IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)