Nationals again and again (4 Viewers)

OP
BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #65
    I'm sorry, but I haven't got the patience to read all the stuff you've typed above, so I'll post just my ideas.

1. Anders, you are right, but Olsen admitted that the 5-2 was just an accisent for our team, adding that he would like Denmark to qualify together with Romania, because he likes Romania's technical style and stuff. I'd like to see that happening, especially after seeing the y-day match with Bosnia against Norway. Congrats Zlatan ! :) Sorry for you Torkel and Martin. Bosnia was the better team on the field IMO, attacking all the time and being more present in the game. Norway woke up in the second part, with some occasions from OGS, which were not transformed into goals. So here is the balance for the y-day games in Group 2 :

Romania 4-Luxembourg :touched: (Mutu 39, Pancu 41, Ganea 43, Bratu 77) - best player : Ganea IMO

and

Bosnia 1-0 Norway (Bajramovic 86) - best player : Barbarez IMO

2. (off-topic : are you mand on me or what have I done to you, Anders ? Why aren't you replying the last PM I've sent you ? :down: )

3. The other favourites of mine :

Congrats Erik for the 3-1 Holland succeded. More details in Hup Holland ;)

Congrats my dearest Czechs for 3-1 with Belarus (NEDVED 37, Baros 54, Smicer 85 / Bulyga 14 )

Way to go France 5-0 Cyprus (TREZEGUET 8, 80, Henry 60, Wiltord 21, 41 )

Go Italy 4-0 with the Gals (details on the thread)

Congrats Nina for Slovenia 3-1 Israel (Siljak 35, Knavs 37, Ceh 78 / Revivo 69 )

Congrats Anna for my sweet Croatia, 3-0 Andorra (Kovac 4, Simunic 16, Rosso 71 )

And my dearest Bulgaria 2-0 Estonia (Petrov 16, Berbatov 67 )

Way to go Carl for Suedia 5-0 San Marino (Jonson 33, Jakobsson 49, Ibrahimovic 56, 83 p , Kallstrom 68 p )

Congrats Tom and Suzie for Macedonia 1-2 England (Hristov 28 / Rooney 53, Beckham 63 p )

Way to go John, Ireland 1-1 Russia (Duff 34 / Ignashevitch 42 )

Congrats Vit and Martin for Letonia 0-2 Poland (Klos 38, Szymkowiak 36 )

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I REALLY don't think that's gonna happen, you are way behind, Zlatan. Norway still has a chance and it could actually happen but it takes for Denmark to beat Romania, which is a completely open question.

Congrats Kalle, you're through. :)

Also great to see France are going strong all the way. :star:

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #69
    I am very happy for France too, but worried at the same time. Just think that they practically have the easier group, any great time could handle the same there :undecided:

Bosnia is able to qualify though, now 4 teams have got chances, of course not egual. I'd dare to say that the Wednesday game between me and Anders :LOL: , I ment Romania and Denmark will be the main stone to pass. Then we'll see what happends.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    I am very happy for France too, but worried at the same time. Just think that they practically have the easier group, any great time could handle the same there :undecided:
    Yes and no. You and I both know Italy would never get 6 wins in 6 games, never ever. ;) Holland couldn't do it, Germany couldn't, Turkey wouldn't, nor would England, not Denmark, not Romania, not Croatia and not Russia. The Czechs could definitely do it, they are incredibly strong and focused in qualifying, as have the Spanish been the last few times. Of course several of the mentioned could still dominate the group, but I think not in quite the manner Les Bleus have. :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    We are way behind but if we win the next to matches (Luxembourg on Wendesday and Denmark in October at home) we are through, no matter of other results.

This are the standings now

Denmark 6 games played 13 points
    Romania 7 games played 13 points
    Norway 7 games played 11 points
    Bosnia 6 games played 9 points.

Now, if we beat Luxembourg on Wendesday we'd have 12 points, one more than Norway with the same number of games (and we most probably will beat Luxembourg).

If Denmark beat Romania they would have 16 points from 7 games and Romania 13 from 8, meaning their qualification is over. Denmark would be first in the group. If Bosnia then beat Denmark at home (which would be realistic considering they wouldnt have much to play for and we would have everytihing to play for) Bosnia would have 15 points and would be second in the group no matter if Norway beat Lux.

If Romania beats Denmark they ould have 16 points from 8 games and Denmark would have 13 from seven games (we are assuming that Bonsia beat Lux and that they have 12 points from 7 games). That would mean that if Bosnia beat Denmark (in this case it would be a do or die game for both so it would be harder but not at all impossible) they would have 15 points from 8 games and would qualify second from the group with Romania in first place. Denmark would be 3rd with 13 points from 8 games.

If Denmark and Romania were to draw, Denmark would have 14 points from 7 and Romania the same amount from 8 games. If then Bosnia were to beat Danmark they would be first in the group with 15 points, while Denmark and Romania would have 14 each and would be seperated only by previous head to head results or goal difference (which is currently in favour of Romania 19-7, Denmark 12-6).

So you see Martin, everything is in our hands. :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Ah yes, you are correct, I thought you had played 7 games so far. Well this only makes it that much more unlikely that Norway will make Euro, which of course is no loss to the football lover. :undecide:

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #73
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Yes and no. You and I both know Italy would never get 6 wins in 6 games, never ever. ;) Holland couldn't do it, Germany couldn't, Turkey wouldn't, nor would England, not Denmark, not Romania, not Croatia and not Russia. The Czechs could definitely do it, they are incredibly strong and focused in qualifying, as have the Spanish been the last few times. Of course several of the mentioned could still dominate the group, but I think not in quite the manner Les Bleus have. :)
    (Why do I hate long posts ? :D )

So. I think it's already known that the traitor that myself am loves more France then Italy e.g. , admiration surpassed only by the Dutch and Czech one. So again. I agree with you. Germany has never fought truly for a qualification. Maybe they still have in mind that time period when they were like the most powerful nation in Europe and had the continent at their feet (mainly football spaking, but you all know what I mean). And maybe that's why they're gonna be outscored by Iceland during this quals :D. Turkey is just a new-rised team, who worked hardly to get here, but their psichology isn't the winner's one yet. England ... no comment on this. I really don't have a clue what to comment over this ones. Not from dis-respect or something. I don't know them enough. Holland ... with this team is happening something. Where is the age of total football, when they could blow a ball on the field, fighting with any small nation. I miss that one. Bring it back :). Romania lack the motivation (money, that's the fact) and the winner's psichology. Denmark ... where are you Anders ? :D
    Czech Rep ... well to them , the most alive example is Nedved. Look at him fighting and working and dying on the field for his team and see the determination which animates the whole Czech team. They are born to win, they are educated to fight. That's their thing. Spain is too unconstant IMO to comment.

But still Group 1 is a very easy one ;)

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #74
    Dear Zlatan, after reading (another long) your post, I see that you've made the same calculs our NT leaders are doing for ages now. And I'm so sick of them, but they're right. They are afraid. The non-qual would be a disaster for our team, that's how they're looking at the problem. And yes, everything is in your hands, but for us, we are our own masters, because we have to win in Copenhagen. Without this result, we'd be nothing. Nothing at all, nothing could help us, not even a 1000 bosniacs :down:

So I think Wednesday will be a decisive day for both of us. You've got my entire support ;)

Martin, my only regret is that, if Norge doesn't qualify, OGS will retrait himself from the NT. I used to dislike him, as being a MU player, but I do respect much what he did and does for the NT. That is a loss.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Ah yes, you are correct, I thought you had played 7 games so far. Well this only makes it that much more unlikely that Norway will make Euro, which of course is no loss to the football lover. :undecide:
    They seemed most inimaganative and uncreative yesterday, their system is to try to find their tall players with long balls, and that is no way to play todays football. We were actually pretty good in Norway too, we only conceded after a defensive error and from JAR free kick. They need to change something and fast if they want to play in the WC.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

So I think Wednesday will be a decisive day for both of us. You've got my entire support ;)
    Actually our decisive day is in October. We play Luxembourg on Wednesday ;)

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #77
    True, true, sorry, I am to dizzy with all these results messing in my head. Is that true that Romania tried to motivate you finanacially to win with Norge and Danmark ? :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Czech Rep ... well to them , the most alive example is Nedved. Look at him fighting and working and dying on the field for his team and see the determination which animates the whole Czech team. They are born to win, they are educated to fight.
    Incidentally, I do have history on my side, I believe the Czech got 10 wins out of 10 in qualifying for Euro2000 ;)

Martin, my only regret is that, if Norge doesn't qualify, OGS will retrait himself from the NT. I used to dislike him, as being a MU player, but I do respect much what he did and does for the NT. That is a loss.
    I quite like him and I think he's grown tremendously at ManU, he finally looks like he belongs in the team, like he's good enough to start. And for Norway he's the only creative spark the last century or so.

++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    They seemed most inimaganative and uncreative yesterday, their system is to try to find their tall players with long balls, and that is no way to play todays football.
    I see you have noticed that too ;)

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #79
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++

They seemed most inimaganative and uncreative yesterday, their system is to try to find their tall players with long balls, and that is no way to play todays football. We were actually pretty good in Norway too, we only conceded after a defensive error and from JAR free kick. They need to change something and fast if they want to play in the WC.
    Maybe you're right and maybe not. And let me explain you why. They are still practicing a very practic and straight to the point football, while we e.g. are very technical, are maintaining the ball on the grass, don't play much headers and many times we've just things to loose, not win :(

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    True, true, sorry, I am to dizzy with all these results messing in my head. Is that true that Romania tried to motivate you finanacially to win with Norge and Danmark ? :)
    I'm not sure, but our commentator here mentioned it. He said it was something like 200.000 €, but I'm not sure if its true :undecide:

I see you have noticed that too ;)
    My 4 year old sister could have noticed that ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)