Nationals again and again (4 Viewers)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Well, if we beat Romania on wednesday we couldn't care less about the match in Bosnia - but if things doesn't go according to plan, yes - we would have an extremly important and interesting match in october.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

Well it wouldn't just be throwing it around, it would be giving it back to the rightful owner ;)
True, that :thumb:
I just hope everyone else sees it that way :cheesy:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Group 1
France, the holders, need just a point against Slovenia in Ljubljana on Wednesday to win the group, but even if that proves beyond them, Jacques Santini’s men will be confident of getting what they need from their final game at home to Israel. Slovenia, meanwhile, can theoretically still either win the group or be eliminated but their most likely fate is second place. They need just a point against either France or Cyprus to make sure. To win the group they would have to win both games and hope France lose at home to Israel. For Slovenia to be eliminated, they would have to lose twice and Israel would have to beat both Malta and France.

Group 2
Victory for Denmark over Romania at the Parken stadium on Wednesday will take them through to Portugal, but a draw would only be enough to guarantee a play-off place. Defeat, meanwhile, could open the way for Romania to win the group – only a Danish victory in their last match, away to Bosnia-Herzegovina, could then stop Anghel Iordanescu’s side. But Bosnia, too, could also win the group: assuming they win in Luxembourg on Wednesday and Denmark fail to win, that last match in Zenica will be decisive. Norway, meanwhile, will have to hope results go their way if they are to clinch a play-off spot.

Group 3
Only the Czech Republic and the Netherlands remain in contention and they meet on Wednesday in Prague. Victory for either side there will win the group and consign the losers to the play-offs. A goalless draw would mean the Czechs going to Austria for their final match knowing that a win would still take them through; a 1-1 draw would still be enough for the Czechs, as long as the Dutch do not go on a scoring spree in their final game at home to Moldova; a 2-2 draw or more would mean the Dutch just have to beat Moldova to go through.

Group 4
Sweden will win the group on Wednesday if they overcome Poland in Chorzów, and a draw will be enough for the Swedes if Latvia and Hungary also draw in Riga, leaving Latvia, Hungary and the Poles to fight it out for second place. Defeat for Sweden on Wednesday would mean at least three of these teams going into the final round of matches – when Poland visit Hungary and Latvia go to Sweden – with at least a play-off place to play for.

Group 5
With Iceland not playing this week, the group will go to the wire regardless of Wednesday’s result between Germany and Scotland. Nevertheless, with a home game against Lithuania still to come, victory for Scotland at the Westfalenstadion would put them in pole position; victory for Germany would mean a win at home to Iceland in their last match would take the 1996 winners through.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Group 4
Sweden will win the group on Wednesday if they overcome Poland in Chorzów, and a draw will be enough for the Swedes if Latvia and Hungary also draw in Riga, leaving Latvia, Hungary and the Poles to fight it out for second place. Defeat for Sweden on Wednesday would mean at least three of these teams going into the final round of matches – when Poland visit Hungary and Latvia go to Sweden – with at least a play-off place to play for.
For Poland this match is called (again :sigh: ) the match of last chance, we cant los it, and a draw wont be good either.
But we are masters of losing the last chances :rolleyes: so I'm really worried before the match.

OP
BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #126
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    Well, if we beat Romania on wednesday we couldn't care less about the match in Bosnia - but if things doesn't go according to plan, yes - we would have an extremly important and interesting match in october.
    Here we go, my favourite topic in the latest days. So, what do you honestly think about this match ? And are you goin to the stadium to see it live :) ?

My opinion is that we can win, the only thing we need being focusing on our motivation and aim. The mentality is our bigger problem and we have to defeat it. We're going there full-squad (I mean, we're already there), except for Contra who is injured (so no more own goals, sorry for the show). I have a little doubt concerning Lobont - the fact that he is still recovering after an injury bugs me really hard. My hugest happiness is that the attacking trio, Mutu-Ganea-Pancu are perfectly sane and fit for the game. So what about your team ? I think Jesper is playing, isn't he ?

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #127
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

Tensions are rising here ... tough group!

But does anyone know who the play-off will be against? I heard Holland could end up having to play Germany :scared:
    I am having the same concerns. I think you won't be so scared if Holland would end playing against Romania though. So anyone knows something about those play-offs please :) ?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I agree with you Iulia, group 2 is really interesting. I really wish Romania and Denmark would draw, that would eneble Bosnia to finish first in the group with a win over Danmark.

Sorry, you'd be out ;)

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #129
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    I agree with you Iulia, group 2 is really interesting. I really wish Romania and Denmark would draw, that would eneble Bosnia to finish first in the group with a win over Danmark.

Sorry, you'd be out ;)
    No problem, I'm used with Romania being out for certain reasons ;) (see qualifications for WC 2002), but I would have liked to see us in Portugal, it would have brought a little grew to our moral ...

Check your PM :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Us too. Bosnia has never been to a big International competition (WC or EC) so to get to Portugal would be really nice. I'd even try to go there to watch the matches :eek:

PM checked ;)

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #131
    You know, Romania was sorta international power, in the middle of the tops usually, but now we are in a certain going under. So this qualification is watched by the leaders as the jump to a better international future. They are hoping that, where the clubs did not succeeded, the NT will.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    We'll Bosnia was never a international force, but Yougoslavia was before, and there were a lot of Bosnian players in the ex-Yu NT. The current NT has only existed since 95 I think.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    never saw how greast this chance is for bosnia.. its now or never man... go for it..
    Thanks man. We just need to beat Luxembourg (as good as done) and Denmark at home and we're in. This is really the best chance we're going to get in a long time and we better use it. Most of our players are old (Konjić, Hibić, Bolić, Baljić, Musić, are all 30 or older), so they wont get many chances after this. UI cant wait until the game against Denmark in Zenica. I'm most probably going, and I tell you it will be HELL for the Danes.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I agree. Thats why I want Romania and Denmark to draw, and that we beat Denmark. That would mean we'd have 15 points while Denmark, ROmania and Norway would have 14 each. I dont thing we'd survive the playoff, especially if we get a strong opponent like the Chech republic od Croatia or something like that (because I dont know who we could get). We can beat anyone on our day, but usually we choke at the last minute.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i hoped wales would qualify this year because they never been anywhere before.. but here is bosnia.. i would support them all the way if they meet in the plaoff...as u can see i am an underdog guy and scalp dont come any bigger for underdog guys than bosnia and herzegovina..

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #139
    We could not survive to the play-offs either, taking in consideration such teams as Holland, Croatia or Bulgaria, England or Germany :scared:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Defensive role suits Zambrotta Monday 8 September, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluca Zambrotta believes that he is well suited to the left-back role in which he is now being used for club and country.

"This is the right position for me," said the former right winger. "I have the whole pitch ahead of me.

"When I played in midfield I would usually receive the ball with my back to goal. But this way I can make real use of my speed and power."

The former Bari ace was transformed into a full-back last season by Juventus boss Marcello Lippi.

With Mauro Camoranesi excelling on the right of midfield, Lippi moved Zambrotta back as Gianluca Pessotto was still recovering from a knee ligament injury.

His form was so impressive that he was quickly played in that role by Italy and he was magnificent in the 4-0 win over Wales on Saturday.

"I would say that I am more of an attacking full-back," he added. "But that is to be expected as I’ve played further up the pitch for so many years.

"Now I just want to keep winning with Italy and we are all desperate to reach the Euro 2004 Finals.

"I think we showed that in the victory against the Welsh at the San Siro. It’s just a shame we didn’t play like that at the World Cup Finals."

Meanwhile, teammate Alessio Tacchinardi has returned to training with the Italian squad on Monday.

The Juventus midfielder missed the Wales game with a muscle strain but should be available for selection on Wednesday against Serbia & Montenegro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)