Nationality debate (15 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Look, anyone knows a football player is built between 14 and 18 years of age. Those are the years that matter most. But IMO it's not even about merit here. Rossi always made it perfectly clear that he would play for Italy. You can hate him all you want, but saying he's a traitor is just not correct.
So why did he play for the US Olympic Development team?

So he's not only a traitor, but apparently by your logic, that also makes him a liar.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So why did he play for the US Olympic Development team?

So he's not only a traitor, but apparently by your logic, that also makes him a liar.
So if you put an American shirt on a baby, the kid is American forever? That's some logic you've got there, Andy. You know perfectly well why people have to pick a nation when they're young adults and not when they're kids, Andy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So if you put an American shirt on a baby, the kid is American forever? That's some logic you've got there, Andy. You know perfectly well why people have to pick a nation when they're young adults and not when they're kids, Andy.
You said Rossi always claimed he'd play for Italy, but he did play for a US soccer development team before moving to Italy. That's how he was spotted.

He made his decision to play for the Azzurri, yes, and he can do that. But he did play in our development system, which does mean, IMO, he is a traitor.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You said Rossi always claimed he'd play for Italy, but he did play for a US soccer development team before moving to Italy. That's how he was spotted.

He made his decision to play for the Azzurri, yes, and he can do that. But he did play in our development system, which does mean, IMO, he is a traitor.
That's not fair at all. You can't be held responsible for every single thing you did as a kid. You're supposed to make mistakes as a kid. That's how our legal system works. That's how ANY legal system works. And I don't even think it was a mistake. Which kid would refuse? Even if he really wanted to play for Italy. This is getting retarded, Andy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's not fair at all. You can't be held responsible for every single thing you did as a kid. You're supposed to make mistakes as a kid. That's how our legal system works. That's how ANY legal system works. And I don't even think it was a mistake. Which kid would refuse? Even if he really wanted to play for Italy. This is getting retarded, Andy.
He went to Italy at the age of 14, right?

In the United States, he's still a minor at that age. OK, so maybe his father is a traitor then. Doesn't really matter to me, still wish him the worst.

Which kid would refuse? One that respects his nation.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They could have used Rossi today, they barely beat Iraq :D
Said the guy who rates Iaquinta higher than Rossi.

He doesn't get it, Alen. He just doesn't get it. Better retards than him have failed to understand a word I say, so I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Fred: let me give you a little hint: it's not just about the talent ;).

Ya ok whatever. No point in discussing with you anyway. You're clearly biased and you have failed to answer my questions by using the easy way out.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Your president grew up here, in our fantastic educational institution, and thus made him into the charismatic speaker he is now. If only we knew he would return to the US, we wouldn't have given him such a good education. What a traitor. :lol:
What are you even talking about?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Said the guy who rates Iaquinta higher than Rossi.

Ya ok whatever. No point in discussing with you anyway. You're clearly biased and you have failed to answer my questions by using the easy way out.
What easy way out? I gave you an argument, which was perfectly fine (and true by the way) and you didn't respond to it.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004

Just because he used American training facilities doesn't make him a traitor even though it essentially helped his talent to flourish. He does have Italian blood in him and his nationality is 100% legitimate.

But anyway, get over it cause Americans benefit from other nation's "traitors" as well, much worse cases.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What about Radosavljevic? (Preki)
He was a good player in the MLS, but he didn't do much for the National Team. I'm indifferent to him.

Just because he used American training facilities doesn't make him a traitor even though it essentially helped his talent to flourish. He does have Italian blood in him and his nationality is 100% legitimate.

But anyway, get over it cause Americans benefit from other nation's "traitors" as well, much worse cases.
:lol2:

Italian blood. I rest my case.

You're an ___________ .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)