Nationality debate (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's admirable that you defend your team, but you should take a leaf out of the Scottish mentality and intelligence where self analysis comes into it.
Unfortunately for you, I do criticize my team and give them hell when they play poorly. I say look up my posts during the past five months, old chap.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
all a big blow out for something that happens so often it hardly registers nowadays. Ireland under Jack Charlton went on an offensive of discovering anyone whos grandad drunk a pint of Guinness and giving them an Irish jersey.

nowadays we have 2 lads Aiden McGeady and James mccarthy who were born in Scotland, raised in Scotland,schooled in Scotland,play in Scotland but declared themselves Irish and have absolutely no intention of ever playing for Scotland. now a lot of teh football going public despise these guys for their decision but we have always known that footballers are mercenaries and if i am to eb honest, Ireland present a better chance of them going to a major tournament.

see it is not about being a traitor, it is about their mercenary tendencies and their glory-hnting thirst for success
i just want to add one last point to this bozi, that along with there mercenary tendencies there glory-hunting thirst for success there is no pride what so ever for them in representing there country and to be honest thats every where nowadays not just scotland, the usa, or italy. i despise this the most.

i wont lie and say i love living here in my country ( life here is hard, unfair at alot of times) but hell if they told me put on the shirt and get yr ass on the field i will do it with out second thoughts. its sth u either have or u dont. i think u need to have pride in yr country bec its part of who u are.

i still cant make up my mind about players liek amauri or cammo for example. if i was in to represent my country and they told me no thanks we think u r not good enough what would i do?? i really dont know may be just forget about international footie.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
It's hard to be Italian growing up in the US, where schools are all Americanized.

Listen, I think you Europeans should come to the US, live here a few years, then judge us.
Rossi-"hey itsa twelva o clocka,whena we go home for sleep anda mamma's meatballs?"
teacher-"Guiseppi stop talking like a 1920's immo and do your work"

It's admirable that you defend your team, but you should take a leaf out of the Scottish mentality and intelligence where self analysis comes into it.
we're shite and we know we are

i just want to add one last point to this bozi, that along with there mercenary tendencies there glory-hunting thirst for success there is no pride what so ever for them in representing there country and to be honest thats every where nowadays not just scotland, the usa, or italy. i despise this the most.

i wont lie and say i love living here in my country ( life here is hard, unfair at alot of times) but hell if they told me put on the shirt and get yr ass on the field i will do it with out second thoughts. its sth u either have or u dont. i think u need to have pride in yr country bec its part of who u are.

i still cant make up my mind about players liek amauri or cammo for example. if i was in to represent my country and they told me no thanks we think u r not good enough what would i do?? i really dont know may be just forget about international footie.
absolutely mate, representing your country in a competitive game should be the proudest moment in any players career. you can see it in lots of players,chest puffed out and proud as fuck, that is how it should be.
unfortunately here in scotland,folk see playing for rangers and celtic as more important than playing for their country and it is sickening

Sep 1, 2002
Rossi-"hey itsa twelva o clocka,whena we go home for sleep anda mamma's meatballs?"
teacher-"Guiseppi stop talking like a 1920's immo and do your work"

we're shite and we know we are

absolutely mate, representing your country in a competitive game should be the proudest moment in any players career. you can see it in lots of players,chest puffed out and proud as fuck, that is how it should be.
unfortunately here in scotland,folk see playing for rangers and celtic as more important than playing for their country and it is sickening
My personal favourite:

We're crap but we beat Brazil

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Mods, are you sure it is impossible to put a moderator on your ignore list? Could you make an exception for me if you wanted to or is something only Marty could change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)