Nationality debate (2 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
Naturalisation Acts starting with the American Naturalisation Act of 1790 and following naturalisation acts such as those of 1855 have recognised that those "...born outside of the borders or beyond the control of the United States,...,to a US citizen shall be considered as a natural born Citizen of the United States."

that's a comfort.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
all a big blow out for something that happens so often it hardly registers nowadays. Ireland under Jack Charlton went on an offensive of discovering anyone whos grandad drunk a pint of Guinness and giving them an Irish jersey.

nowadays we have 2 lads Aiden McGeady and James mccarthy who were born in Scotland, raised in Scotland,schooled in Scotland,play in Scotland but declared themselves Irish and have absolutely no intention of ever playing for Scotland. now a lot of teh football going public despise these guys for their decision but we have always known that footballers are mercenaries and if i am to eb honest, Ireland present a better chance of them going to a major tournament.

see it is not about being a traitor, it is about their mercenary tendencies and their glory-hnting thirst for success

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm sure Rossi felt that way when he was 14.

Eden Hazard was asked by the French FA to get a French passport by the way. Fortunately for us he told them he was 100% Belgian.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I could never love in a place where they don't play football.
Certainly a valid concern.

But we do play football here, and you get more bang for your buck because we play two different sorts of football. That is special.

What I do have to say is that in the US, we thankfully have a lot of soccer games to watch, which might be contrary to other opinions. FSC, GOL, Setanta, et cetera do a good job. ESPN is another case, though, as they never give full priority to our boys, so they switch us to the secondary channels a lot.

Sep 1, 2002
Football I said. Not athletes running around s lot and sometimes kicking a ball.
And I'd never watch that drawnout dirge called American Football: rugby for boys. Take off all that padding, the endless breaks to rest, and tak on the All Blacks, if they dare.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There's little evidence that you can.
That is your opinion, and you are entitled to that.

But we have always had tough draws when it comes to World Cups. 1998 was a disaster because of poor coaching, 2002 was great because we beat Portugal, and 2006 sucked because we didn't show up against the Czech's. Now we have Brazil and Italy to compete with. It doesn't help having shady calls.

Honestly, we have shown we can play, and if you don't agree that is OK. The majority of people in the world hate us anyway, and it might help us actually.

Sep 1, 2002
That is your opinion, and you are entitled to that.

But we have always had tough draws when it comes to World Cups. 1998 was a disaster because of poor coaching, 2002 was great because we beat Portugal, and 2006 sucked because we didn't show up against the Czech's. Now we have Brazil and Italy to compete with. It doesn't help having shady calls.

Honestly, we have shown we can play, and if you don't agree that is OK. The majority of people in the world hate us anyway, and it might help us actually.
I wonder why you think most of the world hates you.

You are pretty crap at football to be fair, all evidence points to that conclusion.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I wonder why you think most of the world hates you.

You are pretty crap at football to be fair, all evidence points to that conclusion.
To those that know me, they know I'm no fan of American foreign policy. In fact, I'm probably a huge terrorist when it comes to some of their views.

But I stand my ground and defend my football, success or no success. We should not be bombing other countries just because they don't want our bonds. That is wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)