Nationality debate (9 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
Just because he used American training facilities doesn't make him a traitor even though it essentially helped his talent to flourish. He does have Italian blood in him and his nationality is 100% legitimate.

But anyway, get over it cause Americans benefit from other nation's "traitors" as well, much worse cases.
How?

We use mexicans to do our work? Pedro Martinez and A-Rod play for our Baseball team (they don't)? Pal Gasol is part of the Dream Team (he's not)? How do we benefit from other nation's traitors? Einstein? Fermi? Hyman Rickover?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well, what do you expect?

People like Vonam believe men have one less rib than women, so anything is possible.
Btw despite the fact that I totally disagree with your conclusion I think you have a point about the availability of facilities. In Norway I grew up playing footie on gravel pitches, that's what we had. When I was 8 and played in a club that's what we played on. Grass was very exclusive. Later on, astroturf got popular and now you have that in every town, it's so much better than gravel. However, the crucial thing is to have public pitches for kids to play on. When I moved to Utrecht I was shocked that in the entire city I couldn't find one pitch open to the public. Every place has a fence around it. The only thing you have publicly is those worthless concrete cages. It's the same in Italy and many other countries I've seen, and it appalls me. I could play football to my heart's content without having to be in any club, it was just open to us. If a local club wasn't using the pitch, we could play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)