Nationality debate (38 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005

Rossi was born here, played for our Olympic Development teams, which displaced other kids, only to play for the Azzurri.

If you don't understand how fucked up that is, you're not a very honorable person yourself.

You can't possibly expect me to like Guiseppe Rossi after he played for our development teams, displaced other kids, and chose to play for Italy.

Rossi learned how to play football in the United States.
I can read, and that is why I bring up these 4 players. I suppose you hate these players as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnie_Stewart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Dooley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Regis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Wegerle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preki

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Fuck you, you don't even know what American is.:lol:
Your president grew up here, in our fantastic educational institution, and thus made him into the charismatic speaker he is now. If only we knew he would return to the US, we wouldn't have given him such a good education. What a traitor. :lol:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Rossi's a traitor to US Soccer, dude. Get over it. He played ODP here.
Dude, seriously, all this whining...

There are plenty of non-US born American citizens who contributed greatly to the country. So if a few does the opposite, learn to accept it.

Americans tend to have double standards, they defend something when its going their way and trash the same thing when it doesn't go their way.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
What is this? Are you a muslim or something?

This is what I'm thinking (I really hate it how I have to explain everything at least four times to these lesser beings).

1. Several Spaniards tell me that there's some sort of rivalry between them and Italy.
2. Italy wins the World Cup. This is not well received in Spain.
3. Spain wins the Euros. Good news.
4. There's ONE good Italian in the game against the USA, he makes Italy win.

AS don't like that very much. Everything is going great for them, but they want to see Italy sink. Rossi prevented that. So they're going after him. It's blatantly obvious that they're not doing this because they're good journalists.

This is really easy stuff, muslim.
I can see your argument regarding spanish rivalry, and makes sense especially when its AS.....but whats with the anit-muslim thing?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But the majority of Arsenal fans? Don't you think they will?

Inter are the best in Italy but their fans still didn't like it when we bought Diego. They strongly hated Juve before Calciopoli. It was traumatic for them never to win anything and always to be beaten by Juve.
Now they are better than Juve but they still fear that the day will come when we'll become better than them again (actually, they know the day will come :D ).

If they had their newspaper and if there is some controversy regarding Diego, i'm sure they'll be the first ones to make a drama out of it.

Change Inter, Juve, Diego and Inter's newspaper with with Spain, Italy, Rossi and AS and you'll get what Seven has been trying to tell you.
Nope thats a poor analogy.

I'll show you my point with a similar analogy. If Inter kept Ibrahimovic and purchased David Villa. Would they give a shit if you guys bought Rossi?

Thats the point i was trying to make. Spain have Villa and Torres in their ranks. It doesn't make sense for them to be jealous of Italy for G.Rossi.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nope thats a poor analogy.

I'll show you my point with a similar analogy. If Inter kept Ibrahimovic and purchased David Villa. Would they give a shit if you guys bought Rossi?

Thats the point i was trying to make. Spain have Villa and Torres in their ranks. It doesn't make sense for them to be jealous of Italy for G.Rossi.
He doesn't get it, Alen. He just doesn't get it. Better retards than him have failed to understand a word I say, so I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Fred: let me give you a little hint: it's not just about the talent ;).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Martin was right, Andy. It's because he turned the US down. And you're not used to that. Calling him a traitor is unfair IMO. It's not even correct. I mean, the dictionary wouldn't agree with you. You are free to hate him though.
He's a traitor to US soccer, without a doubt.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dude, I didn't want Regis playing for us anyway as he married into the country.

Stewart and Dooley had American fathers who were stationed away from home due to military service.

And Rossi is still a traitor.
No, he's not. Look up the word traitor. You'll see that he doesn't fit the definition.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Look, anyone knows a football player is built between 14 and 18 years of age. Those are the years that matter most. But IMO it's not even about merit here. Rossi always made it perfectly clear that he would play for Italy. You can hate him all you want, but saying he's a traitor is just not correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)