Nationality debate (79 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:lol2: It's for real, I thought you had written this yourself as a parody :D

This would sound like something I would do.

However, I don't know if I would have used "the other football", or patricide.

I think Andy has just discovered a newfound respect for AS

mondo1

May 14, 2006
whos next? the french paper? i mean is there really any realy french player left in the nt? wtf this guy has italien parents?
i mean i'm italian too and live in germany sowhat? am i not allowed to feel italian? this guy has italien parents and wanted only to play for italy so give him afucking break

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Hence the 'right now' ;) They never win, but seem to be awesome at the moment.

Anyway... What is it about the name Giuseppe Rossi that makes us all go off-topic in no time? There's about 5 posts on an actual Rossi transfer in 43 pages. :lol:

Mar 30, 2006
I mean people need to get over this. If FIFA lets you play for another country then you can do what you want. As a Canadian I don't like Owen Hargreaves because he was born here and played his whole career in Germany but plays for England Nt.

This is common though and most teams have had situations similar to this. The USA started a Mid who was born in Brazil (Benny Feilhaber), Spain has Senna, Germany has Poldolski, England got Hargreaves, Italy got Camo and now Rossi, Croatia got Eduardo Di Silva.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well he isn't a transfer yet. Its strange because when we opened a cannavaro theard many opposed that traitor of juve but as soon as another traitor indirectly related to juve comes along its all of the sudden ok. People were screaming treason and blashphemy when canna came back and still will but italians will be ok with rossi at juve with the exception a maybe 2-3. Hypocritical.

Back to topic, how much would rossi even cost us and how much would a trez trade bring down the price? If the board makes a move, that will surely affect the mercato of d'ago and any wingbacks we were after, maybe even criscito. I am curious how much we have left and how much rossi would set us back. We would definitly need to sell other players.

Mar 30, 2006
Well he isn't a transfer yet. Its strange because when we opened a cannavaro theard many opposed that traitor of juve but as soon as another traitor indirectly related to juve comes along its all of the sudden ok. People were screaming treason and blashphemy when canna came back and still will but italians will be ok with rossi at juve with the exception a maybe 2-3. Hypocritical.

Back to topic, how much would rossi even cost us and how much would a trez trade bring down the price? If the board makes a move, that will surely affect the mercato of d'ago and any wingbacks we were after, maybe even criscito. I am curious how much we have left and how much rossi would set us back. We would definitly need to sell other players.
I read Villareal would take Trez + 15 million Euro (which seems high to me)

Cuz if Trez's value is around 10 million EUro that would be close to the Diego price right? But Rossi is a great player so it might be worth it if we can get some decent cash from Mellberg and Tiago.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's because people have nothing against traitors. Do you think anyone was mad when we took Baggio from Fiorentina? Or Buffon from Parma? Did Juve fans bash Buffon for leaving the club that made him what he is? Or even Nedved from Lazio?

No, because the only time people hate traitors is when they are the ones being betrayed.

He was sold to Juventus amid outcry from Fiorentina fans in 1990 for €12 million (US$19 million), the world record transfer for a football player at the time. Following the transfer, there were full scale riots on the streets of Florence where fifty people were injured.[1] Baggio replied to his fans saying: "I was compelled to accept the transfer".
Now that's a traitor.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
PRETORIA, 16 giugno 2009 - Umile, ma determinato. Asciutto, ma incisivo. Tutti conoscono o ormai stanno imparando a conoscere Giuseppe Rossi in campo, ma così è come si presenta in conferenza stampa il giorno dopo la serata di gloria contro i "suoi" Usa. Parlando indifferentemente italiano, inglese e spagnolo.

IL BIVIO — Ha scelto l’Italia rispetto agli Stati Uniti. Lui dice: "La storia è questa: quando ero giovane (e non scherza anche se ha solo 22 anni ndr), verso i 18 anni, Bruce Arena, l’allora c.t. mi avrebbe voluto con lui per varare la squadra Usa del Mondiale 2006, ma il mio sogno era l’Italia. La mia decisione era scontata. American Dream? Certo è la mentalità che ho. Voglio realizzare i miei sogni e fare sempre di più".

LA FAMIGLIA — "Erano felici, perchè tifano sempre per l’Italia. E io sono contento del loro supporto".

IL FUTURO — "Un rientro in Italia? Sono concentrato sulla Confederations Cup, si vedrà. Però del calcio italiano mi piace tutto. E’ un calcio difficile, e la pressione mi piace. Sono da sempre tifoso del Milan, i miei idoli erano Gullit e van Basten. Se chiamasse Galliani? Io risponderei... ciao".

GLI USA — "L’America è casa, perchè ho la famiglia lì. Ci ho vissuto fino a 13 anni. Ma in Italia sono stato 5-6 anni, e sono cresciuto come calciatore, e quindi l’Italia è una parte importante di me".

So his home is in America, because his Italian family, who support Italy, is over there. He himself had always dreamt about playing for Italy. Seriously, it would be a crime to make him play for the USA. Rossi playing for Italy is the only just solution to this "puzzle".

Mar 30, 2006
Do Villareal want Trez though?
At the expense of losing Rossi I doubt. BUt if Rossi wants to go getting Trezeguet would be a big deal for them. They missed out on the CL so maybe a bit of cash owuld help them. I read they want to offer Trez a 2.5 million euro deal for 3 years.

Is that less than what Trez makes here? I dont think Trez would want to go to a team who is not a title contender in Spain for less money then he makes here. Like if Barca or Madrid offered him that he might go but Villareal? Also he could probably make double that at Man City and be their starting CF playing with Robinho next to him.. I mean Man City would be smart to get him cuz Trez is better than Bellamy or Jo as a striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)