Nationality debate (1 Viewer)

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
The sad fact that everyone has to acknowledge is that Diego is now our chief playmaker.

Alessandro would probably still contribute a dozen goals given regularish starting of games. Rossi would guarantee a minimum of 16. A minimum.

It's time to move on. Delpie should stay but must learn that circumstances are changing. We need pace as much as the Guile that he can provide.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You wouldn't understand it, Osman. Don't criticize things you can't understand, YOU retard.
I have tried hard to understand, since the first time I heard you bring this up roughly 3 years ago (could find the thread, same then, pages of you arguing nonsense with the rest being bewildered), but frankly come to terms with the mere mention of Rossi has a Pavlonian reaction on you, you just turn insanely illogical with constant repetition of complete malicious BS.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have tried hard to understand, since the first time I heard you bring this up roughly 3 years ago (could find the thread, same then, pages of you arguing nonsense with the rest being bewildered), but frankly come to terms with the mere mention of Rossi has a Pavlonian reaction on you, you just turn insanely illogical with constant repetition of complete malicious BS.
Illogical?

Apparently you are retarded. Congratulations.

You can't possibly expect me to like Guiseppe Rossi after he played for our development teams, displaced other kids, and chose to play for Italy.

I mean, what the fuck? Do I HAVE to like him just because he's good?

Grow up already.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But Osman is an Azzurri fan from Sweden by way of Somalia, so he doesn't understand these sort of things.
I know others give you leeway and just say its your style, think its cute when you exaggerardly talk like a rabies infected asshat, but me, I will judge you on face value, and I will just say shit like the above will only get one response. Sug kuk din lilla fitta.

Thats all. There is certain topics that make you look like a total retard, and Rossi is one of the prime ones. But usually, dont have any issue with you. And you dont have to like Rossi at all, but you dont have to post like a total moron either.

Jan 7, 2007
I know others give you leeway and just say its your style, think its cute when you exaggerardly talk like a rabies infected asshat, but me, I will judge you on face value, and I will just say shit like the above will only get one response. Sug kuk din lilla fitta.

Thats all. There is certain topics that make you look like a total retard, and Rossi is one of the prime ones. But usually, dont have any issue with you. And you dont have to like Rossi at all, but you dont have to post like a total moron either.
He's a deadwings fan to boot, too! He should get kicked out for that alone! :lol:

Jan 7, 2007
Illogical?

Apparently you are retarded. Congratulations.

You can't possibly expect me to like Guiseppe Rossi after he played for our development teams, displaced other kids, and chose to play for Italy.

I mean, what the fuck? Do I HAVE to like him just because he's good?

Grow up already.
I feel I get dumber reading your posts, sometimes. Will u jump out of a window when Rossi scores vs. the USA one day?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's unbelievable how just because there are tons of Azzurri fans here, and that my club is Juventus, that I'm expected to like a player who basically defected from my country.

Yet, if people here would be in the same position as I am, they would feel the same way as I do.

Some people just don't understand what being a fan means, or only do understand when it suits them.

Sad folks.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I understand you don`t like him as a person but you don`t have to talk like a 7 year old. I can understand why you don`t like him and why you don`t want him here but to hope someone dies is more suited to ones who did awefull things like Hitler Stalin Sadam Husain...
not some footballer who took all the advantages in one country and chose to play for another at the end...
You don`t respect him ok but it should end there

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yes indeed, call me Hitler. I'm a German American, afterall.
First of all I ment people should want Hitler Stalin or Sadaam to die not a football player...
I didn`t compare you to Hitler...
Second of all I hope you were kidding in the "call me Hitler" thing and realise that Hitler was a jerk.
Third of all there is a big difference between a German and a Nazi

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I didn't know Rossi played for ODP. I played ODP through ohio all my life and made it to the regional pool twice. Actually I feel a little discouraged now about Rossi, I was not aware that he was part of ODP then jetted elsewhere. I trained in germany a couple times but always came back to play for my club as a youth and to play college as well. I can see where andy is coming from. I worked hard to make it as far as I did only to lose out to players that eventually made it to the next level, but at least those players stayed. Had I been displaced by Rossi and have him leave I would have been pissed. Though the USA isn't on the top level of italy, france, brazil etc it is still an honor to play for your national team. That is what andy is saying that you can play club ball anywhere but if your country calls then you should be "honored" to represent your home.

That said, I still think he is good at what he does. But his proposed move to juve has lost its luster for me now. That displaced kid could have been me :(

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I didn't know Rossi played for ODP. I played ODP through ohio all my life and made it to the regional pool twice. Actually I feel a little discouraged now about Rossi, I was not aware that he was part of ODP then jetted elsewhere. I trained in germany a couple times but always came back to play for my club as a youth and to play college as well. I can see where andy is coming from. I worked hard to make it as far as I did only to lose out to players that eventually made it to the next level, but at least those players stayed. Had I been displaced by Rossi and have him leave I would have been pissed. Though the USA isn't on the top level of italy, france, brazil etc it is still an honor to play for your national team. That is what andy is saying that you can play club ball anywhere but if your country calls then you should be "honored" to represent your home.

That said, I still think he is good at what he does. But his proposed move to juve has lost its luster for me now. That displaced kid could have been me :(
Exactly. Good stuff, Killah Cam.

I didn't know you played ODP. That's pretty sick. I tried out but did not make it in Pennsylvania.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
His name is still Giuseppe Rossi and his parents are Italian, as someone who knows the Italian family environment you should not underestimate what it means and how it would also factor into his thinking. He had also been in the Parma youth system since he was 13. This isn't some guy who has just picked a national side like some of these Brazilians playing for Qatar or even Germany. He isn't Mike Heinrich from Ohio who has played in Italy and got a passport then decided to play for the Azzurri. I can understand the American frustration on the subject but don't agree with it.

Out of interest what do Americans think of the Jermaine Jones scenario?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I can completely understand Andy's position on Rossi. Scotland have had players like that have defected to Ireland and I hate them.

However, I would like to see Rossi at Juve one day.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I can't believe that an 11-12 year old Rossi would steal the spot of another potential candidate for a Jersey area ODP team - The guy has practically crippled the ODP system, not to mention the American National team! :p

Seriously though, I understand why Andy and Hustini are pissed off. A 21 year old Rossi is better than anything you currently have, 5x better than anything we have in Canada, and it would be great to have him on the American team. But would he be as good as he is, had he stayed in the USA for his major period of development? My first thought is a resounding no.

Anyway, neither Rossi or Adu are even close to Hargreaves, who didn't move until he was 16... and there are many player who could be introduced to this discussion who are worse than Owen.

There are plenty of professional athletes who don't even start playing serious competitive sport until roughly 11-12. I think it's a stretch to start talking about all of the players in the ODP system that Rossi screwed over. Most of the players at that age are still awaiting puberty, and it's really a crap shoot in terms of how they'll develop... there are tons of pitfalls along the way. If the reason they didn't pursue a futbol career is because they got cut when they were 12... well, they were never going to succeed in the first place.

Finally... Forza Rossi! In my eyes, he's welcome at Juventus any day!

Edit: By the by, could one of you a mods re-title the thread so that his name is spelled correctly? Try Giuseppe Rossi...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)