My Juve formation (agree or disagree) (3 Viewers)

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
Defence is not a joke like that, man. You think Davids and Camoranesi (who never ever played in defence) knows all of a sudder offsides, how to make takles, when to run, how to move to center during crosses, when to run, to double, to cross, etc...? It's not about how many attackers you use, man! It's about MENTALITY! Brazil got the right MENTALITY, not the right number of mids in defence!

Fergus88

Jul 16, 2002
..............................Buffon

Thuram........Montero...Iuliano...Pessotto

Zambrotta.....Tudor...Nedved.......Davids

.......................Trez........DP

Call me traditional, but i'm still a fan of the 4-4-2. The same team can lineup as a 3-5-2, pushing Pessotto up, and the midfield inwards.

.........................Buffon

.........Thuram...Montero...Iuliano

Zambrotta...Tudor...Davids...Pessotto
.........................Nedved

.....................Trez........DP

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i prefer a juve that is stable defensively then let the attack do its job, so i like a 4 man defense.

................................Buffon
Tudor............Thuram..........Montero.........Pessotto

................................Davids
............Zambrotta....................Baiocco
...............................Nedved

........................Trez.............DP

i like this formation because i think it gives Thuram and Tudor to Give their 100% because this is where they like to play and therfore play better.
As for Davids in the middle, i think he did great there at the end of last season when Tudor was injured. he is faster and more active than Tacchinardi and more defensive then Baiocco and brighi. on the right, i think the best is Conte, but he can never last 90 minutes at 100% form. and baiocco is pretty good. and this quites the formation becasue Baiocco is not a winger and Delpiero can cover that extra space behind him since he always pulls back(unlike Trez).

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i prefer a juve that is stable defensively then let the attack do its job, so i like a 4 man defense.

OK, good formation, but Pessotto won't be back for the start of the season, and Tudor is too slow to be a full back.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
4-3-1-2 : Buffon - Iuliano,Thuram,Montero,Moretti - Camoranesi,Tudor,Davids - Nedved - Trezeguet,Del Piero

3-4-3 : Buffon - Iuliano,Thuram,Montero - Camoranesi,Tudor,Davids,Nedved - Salas,Trezeguet,Del Piero

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

i like this formation because i think it gives Thuram and Tudor to Give their 100% because this is where they like to play and therfore play better.
As for Davids in the middle, i think he did great there at the end of last season when Tudor was injured. he is faster and more active than Tacchinardi and more defensive then Baiocco and brighi. on the right, i think the best is Conte, but he can never last 90 minutes at 100% form. and baiocco is pretty good. and this quites the formation becasue Baiocco is not a winger and Delpiero can cover that extra space behind him since he always pulls back(unlike Trez).
Tudor is too slow to be a full back. Put Iuliano at right back and Tudor and defensive centre mid where Davids was. Then put Davids in Baiocco's place. Our midfield should be pretty good. Camoranesi will play for the injured Zambrotta and Moretti/Birindelli for Pessotto.

--------------------------------------Buffon
--------Iuliano--------------Thuram-----Montero-----------Moretti
-----------------------------------------Tudor
--------Camoranesi-------------------------------------Davids
--------------------------------------Nedved
----------------------------Trezeguet-------Del Piero

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++

Tudor is too slow to be a full back. Put Iuliano at right back and Tudor and defensive centre mid where Davids was. Then put Davids in Baiocco's place. Our midfield should be pretty good. Camoranesi will play for the injured Zambrotta and Moretti/Birindelli for Pessotto.

--------------------------------------Buffon
--------Iuliano--------------Thuram-----Montero-----------Moretti
-----------------------------------------Tudor
--------Camoranesi-------------------------------------Davids
--------------------------------------Nedved
----------------------------Trezeguet-------Del Piero
cool formation... i was thinking of the same one - i would only change iuliano with thuram....

where's Baiocco ???
don't think he'll play as a starter...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++

cool formation... i was thinking of the same one - i would only change iuliano with thuram....
Iuliano is capable of playing right back and Thuram wants to play as a centre back.

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #52
    And has no full back qualities whatsover, non athletic, cannot cross the ball and like its been pointed out, u cannot tell a left footer to play as a right full back.Iuliano makes me nervous in the centre, playing him at right back will test the effectiveness of my cardio vascular muscles

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    We still have a major problem on the left side as we don't have any reliable left back at the moment

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
    I think Zauri is on the way to fix that problem. Moretti is a great defender, but is not a natural left back. He played there in Fiorentina because he had to than cause of his own merits.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    You say Moretti is a great defender, but Calcio 2002 gave him the lowest rating of a defender in Serie A. Actually before Fiorentina where was he and how old is he?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ---------------------gigi--------------------------------

-----------thuram--tudor--montero----------------

-------------------Tach--------------------------------
    ---camo---------------brighi---------------davids--

-----------------------nedved------------------------
    ----------------------------------------ale-------------
    --------------trez--------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)