'Murica! (40 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
This reminds me of a great doctor story I remember.

You know there's this phenomenon among ER docs who have to remove strange objects from people's rectums? You know, they usual sus of "I was only naked under my robe, but my robe flew open" variety. I'm sure you've seen this phenom:
https://gizmodo.com/the-site-where-doctors-go-to-share-x-rays-of-weird-thin-1683821760

Well back in the 80s, Bud Light introduced a marketing campaign to distinguish Bud Light from other light beers (a knock at Miller's Lite):

The goal being to get customers to ask for it by name.

Now back to the butt. A doc I know had a patient who "found" a lightbulb stuck in his rectum. I asked if the ambient energy of the X-ray might have caused the light bulb to light up.

Which lead to our addition to the Bud Light commercial of its time: "Give me a light.... No, Butt Light."

That was already funny and could have been funnier!

Most men I know who are agitated about tranny Bud Light pitchwomen would normally be like, "Women's sports? If I wanted to watch a bunch of lesbians get sweaty, ESPN should cover women's competitive lawncare."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
bruh, people here are too trigger happy, wtf. They go around shooting anyone who comes close to their house

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nat...ing-into-wrong-driveway-police/4249279/?amp=1
It's a shame you can't design legislation so people are less likely to have guns in the house.

- - - Updated - - -

$780 million and no apologies from the hosts. That's a win for Fox.
It most definitely is not.

780 milion $ is an admission of guilt. That kind of money is so substantial that there is no way you can rewrite this as an early settlement just to be done with things. This is saying 'we seriously fucked up'.

It's a shame this isn't getting more coverage in Europe, because it's a crucial debate about freedom of speech. Essentially the question is whether freedom of speech grants journalists the right to outright and knowingly lie. Just a few years ago, I think a lot of Americans would have believed that they did have that right. Today people see it differently.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's a shame you can't design legislation so people are less likely to have guns in the house.

- - - Updated - - -

780 milion $ is an admission of guilt. That kind of money is so substantial that there is no way you can rewrite this as an early settlement just to be done with things. This is saying 'we seriously fucked up'.

It's a shame this isn't getting more coverage in Europe, because it's a crucial debate about freedom of speech. Essentially the question is whether freedom of speech grants journalists the right to outright and knowingly lie. Just a few years ago, I think a lot of Americans would have believed that they did have that right. Today people see it differently.
It is a lot of money. If I'm reading the right sources, it's about 30% of their profits last year. But they'll barely lose viewership due to this and continue to have 'not-a-news-show' hosts air their bullshit. A full trial would have been a lot more damaging imo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It is a lot of money. If I'm reading the right sources, it's about 30% of their profits last year. But they'll barely lose viewership due to this and continue to have 'not-a-news-show' hosts air their bullshit. A full trial would have been a lot more damaging imo.
It could have been even worse.

But paying 780 million dollars is not a win for anyone.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Why?

I don't think people who tend to believe the usual Fox fairy tales would care much about the outcome of such a trial. According to them, it would be rigged anyway. Just like the elections. :lol:
Whereas every one with at least a few working brain cells already knows how reliable Fox is when it comes to reporting the "news".

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

there’s no libel and slander laws in Belgium?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
there’s no libel and slander laws in Belgium?
There are, but I'm really not sure this would fall under that. In Belgium, and in many other countries as well, there would have to be malicious intent.

Here the intent was not to bring Dominion into disrepute. That's just collateral damage.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There are, but I'm really not sure this would fall under that. In Belgium, and in many other countries as well, there would have to be malicious intent.

Here the intent was not to bring Dominion into disrepute. That's just collateral damage.
dominion would have to prove there was malicious intent if the case went through and it seemed like they had all the proof they needed to do that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
1681862809141.png

1681862848106.png

:lol:

My dude was free-basing/hot smoking fucking Xannies. Get fucked, faggot.
Crooner report, or Coroner report?

If I had to listen to that music he made, I'd be dead too.

Why?

I don't think people who tend to believe the usual Fox fairy tales would care much about the outcome of such a trial. According to them, it would be rigged anyway. Just like the elections. :lol:
Whereas every one with at least a few working brain cells already knows how reliable Fox is when it comes to reporting the "news".
Though I gotta love this tweet of theirs right after the settlement:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)