'Murica! (25 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Trump had the chance to create a new cabinet position of Secretary of Glory Holes, but he blew it.

Send him to prison. Down in flames for blowing that one.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Lori Lightfoot has lost her bid for reelection as Chicago's mayor, it's now between Paul Vallas (right of Lightfoot) and Brandon Johnson (left of Lightfoot). Will be interesting to see how it plays out and may signal a broader attitude shift on how Democrat candidates will look to handle crime.
Brandon Johnson won, 51.4% (285,773) to 48.6% (269,951) with 91% of the votes counted.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
@AFL_ITALIA What does that mean, as far as Chicago politics and such?
:boh: On a micro level I don't know, I'm just trying to extrapolate. I just know that in an election where crime is a big issue in many places, he was the more progressive candidate than Lightfoot with a sort of "defund the police"-lite vs the more traditional conservative mindset of Vallas.

I think it'll be interesting to see 1) if such policies are implemented whether they actually yield measurable and significant results, 2) how other Democrat candidates will react on a national level, and 3) how it will affect Republican turnout in upcoming elections. Interestingly, the 2022 NY gubernatorial election had Hochul v Zeldin run a lot closer than expected due to the issue of crime and a galvanized Republican base. I think Zeldin could've actually won had it not been for a combination of the overturn of Roe v Wade being in the news and him being a retard that jacked off to Trump.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)