'Murica! (74 Viewers)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
whats uncomfortable about it? If you don’t want a baby, you shouldn’t be forced to have one. These are all kids that will end up in shitty situations and poor anyways.

im willing to bet almost all people anti abortion are religious and the state shouldn’t base the laws on religious reasons. In that case, I’ll just start a new religion that prohibits birth and use that as an excuse for people to get an abortion under “religious reasons”
My question is regarding the killing of developing human beings. Can it be argued biologically that they're not already distinct humans? That's the uncomfortable truth for me because I haven't seen a convincing argument for it.

I understand all the other arguments @Ronn, you and the rest of society have come up to justify abortion. I would even support my girlfriend getting one as I'm not ready for a kid but I know it's for my own convenience. It does make me uncomfortable to think about unborn humans getting killed though.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
My question is regarding the killing of developing human beings. Can it be argued biologically that they're not already distinct humans? That's the uncomfortable truth for me because I haven't seen a convincing argument for it.

I understand all the other arguments @Ronn, you and the rest of society have come up to justify abortion. I would even support my girlfriend getting one as I'm not ready for a kid but I know it's for my own convenience. It does make me uncomfortable to think about unborn humans getting killed though.
you kill sperm cells when you masturbate. You can make many arguments about whatever you want, but at the end of the day, it should be down to the person whether they want to give birth or not, getting the govt involved is the most big brother shit ever

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
you kill sperm cells when you masturbate. You can make many arguments about whatever you want, but at the end of the day, it should be down to the person whether they want to give birth or not, getting the govt involved is the most big brother shit ever
That is a false equivalence though. Embryos and even zygotes are totipotent. Sperm cells are not.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
So, can anyone explain mi this: Most of the conservatives are against abortion because they think that way they are saving lives, but then again are against masks and vaccines that can also help save lives...

- - - Updated - - -

That is a false equivalence though. Embryos and even zygotes are totipotent. Sperm cells are not.
But it's still silly to think of them as of babies

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Doesn't have quite the same ring though. Doesn't garner the same support
It probably doesn't get the same exposure or it does in a negative light.

Social media, Google and news media outlets control what we see.

Especially Google is a threat to freedom of thought. The amount of power that they wield and how they shape what we see and what they choose to show us is absolutely frightening.

They only show you results or "research" that falls within the approve narrative.

So any investigation about anything won't give you a wide-lens view with diverse perspectives, they'll give you the narrow view within the approved box.

While I'm not a big Chomsky fan, he does hit on some of what's going on today.

This is Google in a nutshell.

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate." ~ Noam Chomsky

"Nobody is going to pour truth into your brain. It's something you have to find out for yourself." ~ Noam Chomsky

"The general population doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know." ~ Noam Chomsky

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
So, can anyone explain mi this: Most of the conservatives are against abortion because they think that way they are saving lives, but then again are against masks and vaccines that can also help save lives...

- - - Updated - - -

But it's still silly to think of them as of babies
No one said they were babies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)