'Murica! (46 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Back to our earlier conversation, this is why Trump and his crass debating are necessary:

While I agree that the cops used excessive force in the Jacob Blake case, the answer to the question is:

Because by "living their life" some of them understand sexualing assaulting their ex, stealing her keys, fighting the cops, resisting arrest and pulling out a knife.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
@swag and now stupid memes posted by a meme poster are now REAL vehicles of knowledge, ressaisissez vous monsieur
Oh, where's the fun in that?

Look, just last night I was on the phone with my cop brother in Cali. He's telling me about calls that come over like "reports of a black man with a knife" and every potential responder is like, "How can I avoid that dumpster fire?" Meanwhile the call over the radio of "reports of latino male with a knife" and they're like, "OK, that I can deal with."

The police force does have a self-protective system. To really reform it from the potential for external abuses, you also cannot forget the mechanisms of internal abuses. Good cops are often the ones who aren't willing to go along when they see something wrong, and they need support.

Now whether that has anything to do with a meme clown and the validity of the content within it isn't really my concern.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Oh, where's the fun in that?

Look, just last night I was on the phone with my cop brother in Cali. He's telling me about calls that come over like "reports of a black man with a knife" and every potential responder is like, "How can I avoid that dumpster fire?" Meanwhile the call over the radio of "reports of latino male with a knife" and they're like, "OK, that I can deal with."

The police force does have a self-protective system. To really reform it from the potential for external abuses, you also cannot forget the mechanisms of internal abuses. Good cops are often the ones who aren't willing to go along when they see something wrong, and they need support.

Now whether that has anything to do with a meme clown and the validity of the content within it isn't really my concern.
But if only that apathy was real, id personally take apathy over empathy any day

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So we're bagging the justice system? America turning to vigilante justice -- screw due process? Come on, you have to at least pretend not to have a Corona Republik.

I really must be old school in wanting to see traitors handled by the republic than simply eliminated in the streets, Rodrigo Duarte-style.
How is that vigilante justice? It was the police going to arrest him and he resisted?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
How is that vigilante justice? It was the police going to arrest him and he resisted?
Good news would be due process. Not the lack thereof. There's not even the possibility of establishing guilt in a court of law. Because under the system, until then, they are not guilty. Or have we done away with that already?

This guy obviously committed suicide by cops, how silly would it be to think law enforcement went in to kill him, total delusion
Suicide by cops is a thing. But I never consider that good news. Even if the guy is a serial pedo.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Good news would be due process. Not the lack thereof. There's not even the possibility of establishing guilt in a court of law. Because under the system, until then, they are not guilty. Or have we done away with that already?

Suicide by cops is a thing. But I never consider that good news. Even if the guy is a serial pedo.
Forgive me for having 0 regard for scumbags

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Of course but I don't see the vigilante justice issue if he refused to surrender. That's on him.

Unless you believe there is a conspiracy here and if so i am all ears.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So we're bagging the justice system? America turning to vigilante justice -- screw due process? Come on, you have to at least pretend not to have a Corona Republik.

I really must be old school in wanting to see traitors handled by the republic than simply eliminated in the streets, Rodrigo Duarte-style.
Oh, he was handled by the Republic alright. No he is no more. :tup:

@GordoDeCentral

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 43)