'Murica! (92 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I never understood why money is so important in a campaing.

I get it that you can't do anything with 5mln, but what can 80mln do that 50mln can't?

Most of people already know who Sanders or Biden are, what's the point?

Or am I missing something?
Correct! Trump won with a lot less money than the other Republicans and a lot less than Hilary. Money is also a poor indicator of performance in general elections but is is a better indicator in primaries, where some candidates are not well known.

As for Sanders and Biden, you are absolutely right.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
What? Obviously Biden is way more electable than Sanders. That's not to say that Sanders is sure to lose against Trump, like some people suggest. But all the polls and even common knowledge say that Biden has a way better chance, because he is the more moderate candidate.

Bernie is so crazy leftist that he makes Trump look like the moderate choice.
Real Clear Politics have both Bernie and Biden at about a 5 percent advantage to beat Trump.
In polls conducted in February, Bernie beat Trump in all of them, while Biden lost to Trump in the Emerson poll.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-6250.html
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-6250.html

Also, Bernie is more left wing, but his support among Independents is way higher than Biden's.
These days elections come down to voter turnout, and Sanders is definitely has a better ground game than Biden, from what we've seen so far in the primaries.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
i keep seeing this right after seeing polls showing that biden barely has half the support or money of bernie
Which polls? The relevant polls for this debate show that Biden has 48-43 lead over Trump.

That's what electability means, being able to defeat Trump, no winning the nomination. Extreme candidates often win the primaries and fail in the general elections.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Real Clear Politics have both Bernie and Biden at about a 5 percent advantage to beat Trump.
In polls conducted in February, Bernie beat Trump in all of them, while Biden lost to Trump in the Emerson poll.

Also, Bernie is more left wing, but his support among Independents is way higher than Biden's.
These days elections come down to voter turnout, and Sanders is definitely has a better ground game than Biden, from what we've seen so far in the primaries.
I read FiveThirtyEight because they aggregate the data from many polls, which gives a more accurate picture and makes for better predictions. They have Sanders having a 2 point lead over Trump.

I dont know about the ground game but as a counter point, I think Biden has done a better job in the debates than Sanders.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
In your world maybe, but in the real world that is a fact.

For example, here's what experts with proven track record say:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...n-but-not-sanders-probably-really-do-mean-it/

On the other hand, random commie posters on Tuz probably know elections and sociology better.
Sounds like that article is using some pretty skewed numbers considering Bernie’s supports are mainly on the younger side. That’s a boomer poll, and boomers like Biden, you’re right about that.

Now, some of that is probably related to one downside of our survey — we don’t have any respondents under the age of 30. (Respondents had to be at least 18 to participate when the panel began in 2007.) That means some of the voters who are the most pro-Sanders are underrepresented and some of Biden’s supporters are probably overrepresented.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sounds like that article is using some pretty skewed numbers considering Bernie’s supports are mainly on the younger side. That’s a boomer poll, and boomers like Biden, you’re right about that.

Now, some of that is probably related to one downside of our survey — we don’t have any respondents under the age of 30. (Respondents had to be at least 18 to participate when the panel began in 2007.) That means some of the voters who are the most pro-Sanders are underrepresented and some of Biden’s supporters are probably overrepresented.
wow great poll there

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Zero respondents under the age of 30. :lol2:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This is a panel, not a poll for whoever knows the difference. They've explained clearly why there arent any respondents under 30.
And yet it still acknowledges it as a significant flaw which you entirely ignored when you brought it here. Not a single survey respondent is under 30 in their own words, which would significantly skew results away from Bernie towards Biden.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
And yet it still acknowledges it as a significant flaw which you entirely ignored when you brought it here. Not a single survey respondent is under 30 in their own words, which would significantly skew results away from Bernie towards Biden.
No, I was refering to the polls that have been done, not to this panel, although this data is also valuable for one very important reason:

young people vote a lot less

The other reason why I think Biden has a better chance against Trump is because he is way more moderate, which is benefitial. That's the abc of elections. The extreme leftists would still mostly support Biden because they have no choice, and he is still preferable to Trump for them. On the other hand, Sanders is too extreme for many centrists.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No, I was refering to the polls that have been done, not to this panel, although this data is also valuable for one very important reason:

The other reason why I think Biden has a better chance against Trump is because he is way more moderate, which is benefitial. That's the abc of elections. The extreme leftists would still mostly support Biden because they have no choice, and he is still preferable to Trump for them. On the other hand, Sanders is too extreme for many centrists.
To the last point, one of the reasons, among many, that Trump beat Hillary was young people who support Bernie deciding not to vote in the last election. Young people vote a lot less, but when there are candidates who can mobilize the youth vote, they are shown to be a major and influential voting bloc. Obama in 2008 (minorities and youth), Trudeau in his first election win here in Canada. Sanders seems to have the youth of America locked in for him and very motivated. Which is likely why he still holds polling advantages over Trump even without wholesale support of the older democratic population.

Anyways, I’m mostly indifferent to these clowns, left, centre, right. I’d enjoy a Bernie presidency if only to see the meltdown of rich ‘Muricans.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

you can get caught up in semantics if you want, but that data was not reliable and it doesn’t prove what you’re trying to say.

However, it does seem you’ve been brainwashed by media’s dissing on Bernie which has been on full force lately. That website is owned by ESPN, which is owned by Disney. That’s big corporations who stand to lose a lot if Bernie wins and stand to do business as usual if Biden wins.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Not the same. It's worse for him, because he is so extreme, very few people who are not far to the left can stand him.
I don’t know if it’s worse. The thing is establishment democrats will hold their nose and vote for Bernie so that they don’t have to see Trump for another 4 years. Bernie supporters are more likely to throw a fit and stay home like 2016.
also Bernie is not really that extreme. But he has no political capital in congress to be able to pass anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the odd feeling that despite Pete and Amy clearing the way for Biden he’s going to take a heavy beating tomorrow.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's painfully comical to see the same people who call Trump unbalanced and dangerous at the helm support someone like sanders, but then again most people can't look past the surface and find it easier to just be labelled good because they support what on the surface sounds like a good idea.
Sanders is literally saying the same stuff for 40 years. He thinks he has a mission. Whether or not you agree with that mission his craziness is not anything like Trump’s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 77)