'Murica! (65 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
in ontario at least, our premier said he wont hesitate to shut down schools if virus spread becomes too great.

but thats the difference. canada can afford to shut down if it spreads, because it will come up with incentives and ways to make online education work.

usa will never spend money like that on education.
And that’s a hard-line conservative premier. I’ve actually been really impressed with him during this pandemic, which I never thought I would be. He’s done a very good job.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The same way republicans are comparing Sweden to America like they should be the example for how America goes about things lol

I read an article from some conservative jackass saying Sweden had done wonderful and couldn’t be compared to its neighbours with vastly lower death rates , Norway and Denmark, because it has 2X their Population. The moron then proceeded to compare Sweden to Italy (6X the population), the UK (7X), Spain (5X), USA (32X), to show that it had done a great job. :rofl:
I think most people want things open again and are tired of government telling them what they can and can't do. Enough is enough already IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally back to school. People are still worried because many don't have decent measures in place.
And I'd agree with that fear but there are still decent protocols schools can use (like cutting the class in half daily) and masks/protective gear, etc.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think most people want things open again and are tired of government telling them what they can and can't do. Enough is enough already IMO.
“Most people”? Seems like it’s much more evenly split than you think. But I do think things should be reopened in places where community transmission has been slowed, with proper protocols in place for social distancing, testing, and contact tracing. And unfortunately, assholes all across your country are making that extremely difficult.

You have close to 200,000 dead already. If you just “go back to normal”, and let this spread uncontrolled, you may have 400,000+ dead by Christmas. There needs to be some sort of plan to control this while opening up, and unfortunately A lot of people in America (on both sides but for very different reasons) lack any sort of concept Of societal responsibility.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
“Most people”? Seems like it’s much more evenly split than you think. But I do think things should be reopened in places where community transmission has been slowed, with proper protocols in place for social distancing, testing, and contact tracing. And unfortunately, assholes all across your country are making that extremely difficult.

You have close to 200,000 dead already. If you just “go back to normal), and let this spread uncontrolled, you may have 400,000+ dead by Christmas. There needs to be some sort of plan to control this while opening up, and unfortunately A lot of people in America (on both sides but for very different reasons) lack any sort of concept Of societal responsibility.
Agree completely. As ALC said earlier, if it picks back up, roll things back again.

Per the last part, I fucking hate wearing a mask but I'm doing it every day lol. It's worse in summer with the heat/humidity but I bet I'll be shaking less hands when this all blows over. People can do the simple things b/c its the right thing to do whether its uncomfortable or not. That's common courtesy if you ask me, like holding the door for someone.

- - - Updated - - -

That was the fastest "like" I've ever seen. Did you even read the post? :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Agree completely. As ALC said earlier, if it picks back up, roll things back again.

Per the last part, I fucking hate wearing a mask but I'm doing it every day lol. It's worse in summer with the heat/humidity but I bet I'll be shaking less hands when this all blows over. People can do the simple things b/c its the right thing to do whether its uncomfortable or not. That's common courtesy if you ask me, like holding the door for someone.

- - - Updated - - -

That was the fastest "like" I've ever seen. Did you even read the post? :lol:
I read it before you added the second half. :p :lol:

PS. still like it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The biggest issue in the us is that we never got the problem under control so now we’re trying to bandage the small problems that were caused by not dealing with the crisis in the first place, we basically have assume things aren’t going to be optimal and go from there

which in turn makes dealing with things like school openings difficult since you can’t operate from a best case scenario, honestly I think the best case scenario would be to re open schools and have parents sign wavers absolving the districts of liability like some do with the anti vaccine crowd

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Question to the Americans here, what are your predictions for the election? I´m not a US citizen, but I feel Trump will win again, for some reasons:

1. Tax cuts- people want more money in their pocket plain and simple
2. White America are pro-police and the protests work in favour of Trump
3. He´s effectively using the protests to sidetrack the attention from the virus handling
4. Trump will destroy Biden in the debates
5. The silent majority (working class white males) doesn´t show up in the polls, but will show up come election day

Jun 6, 2015
The biggest issue in the us is that we never got the problem under control so now we’re trying to bandage the small problems that were caused by not dealing with the crisis in the first place, we basically have assume things aren’t going to be optimal and go from there

which in turn makes dealing with things like school openings difficult since you can’t operate from a best case scenario, honestly I think the best case scenario would be to re open schools and have parents sign wavers absolving the districts of liability like some do with the anti vaccine crowd
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-53423637

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Question to the Americans here, what are your predictions for the election? I´m not a US citizen, but I feel Trump will win again, for some reasons:

3. He´s effectively using the protests to sidetrack the attention from the virus handling
5. The silent majority (working class white males) doesn´t show up in the polls, but will show up come election day
me too I feels like democrats (it's them right?) are doing everything they can to make the impossible possible.
Meaning Trump winning another mandate

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

You have close to 200,000 dead already. If you just “go back to normal”, and let this spread uncontrolled, you may have 400,000+ dead by Christmas. There needs to be some sort of plan to control this while opening up, and unfortunately A lot of people in America (on both sides but for very different reasons) lack any sort of concept Of societal responsibility.
Pretty hard, if not impossible to convince someone to be socially responsible if they aren't even responsible for themselves.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

I personally don't think Trump will win, but we'll see.

1) Middle class homeowners in states like New York and California saw their taxes go up because of him.
2) Depends on where they lie on the political spectrum
3) I don't know about effectively, it's still currently is and will be everywhere because lets face it - it's a global pandemic.
4) He's not effective at debating either, he's pretty incoherent too but just louder.
5) He already lost the popular vote once remember, but now there is the added (and imo undercounted) "not Hillary" effect in play too. That alone could be all it takes to win a state here or there.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I personally don't think Trump will win, but we'll see.

1) Middle class homeowners in states like New York and California saw their taxes go up because of him.
2) Depends on where they lie on the political spectrum
3) I don't know about effectively, it's still currently is and will be everywhere because lets face it - it's a global pandemic.
4) He's not effective at debating either, he's pretty incoherent too but just louder.
5) He already lost the popular vote once remember, but now there is the added (and imo undercounted) "not Hillary" effect in play too. That alone could be all it takes to win a state here or there.
Not effective at debates? Lol he will destroy anyone they put in front of him.

I think it will be an emphatic win. For many reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)