'Murica! (62 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You’re right some countries gave zero fucks and stayed open.

- - - Updated - - -

Teachers get paid shit but grocery store baggers and stockers don’t? Come on. We are all in this together. People gotta work. Kids need school
https://www.commonwealthfund.org/blog/2020/reopening-schools-lessons-abroad

Evidence from other countries suggests that the most important factor to successful reopening is a low baseline rate of community transmission. A recent study found that compared with a range of countries that had reopened schools, the U.S. currently has significantly higher numbers of daily cases, cases per million population, and positivity rates. Updated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines suggest low community transmission as a necessary prerequisite to safely reopen schools.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Teachers get paid shit but grocery store baggers and stockers don’t? Come on. We are all in this together. People gotta work. Kids need school
Republican: Working poor deserve to be poor, have shit education, have no health care, etc. Boo hoo.

Same republican: Why are there so many lazy fucks who don’t want to work?

:baus:

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Hmmm. In Romania school stars in 2 weeks.
Kids are starting to go to kindergarten starting next week.
I think in Hungary has already started. @s4tch
I don't know about others.
can confirm hungary, we already restarted schools yesterday, right at the beginning of the second wave. my son never stopped going to the kindergarten since the end of may.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
https://www.commonwealthfund.org/blog/2020/reopening-schools-lessons-abroad

Evidence from other countries suggests that the most important factor to successful reopening is a low baseline rate of community transmission. A recent study found that compared with a range of countries that had reopened schools, the U.S. currently has significantly higher numbers of daily cases, cases per million population, and positivity rates. Updated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines suggest low community transmission as a necessary prerequisite to safely reopen schools.
This is a massive country. Nearly thousands of counties with each on different. Every school district is different in terms of sick and not sick. I'm glad some school districts are at least leaving it open to choice and not a blanket transaction across the entire nation. Older students can practice social distancing, teachers can enforce it in school. Have every student bring food and those that can't afford it can be provided a meal. There are so many options. We can't run from this forever. Some countries simply kept going.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

The difference here is that the grocery workers are not the ones who had to come up with reopening plans. The company did.

schools are govt property, that’s who needs to reopen, with input from the teachers. But I don’t understand why people are pointing fingers at teachers here

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Literally go BACK to school or started school in a virtual setting?
They are going literally with some changes ,like 2 breakers in an hour , to went the class rooms .
Online if the situation gets out of hand .
But school online poses a lot of problems because our poor people can't afford technology.
Simply put ,I think the government recognized they can't afford to wait it out.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Schools all across Canada open next week after labour day. But we’ve averaged under 10 deaths/day for almost 2 months. And under 500 new cases a day for months.

Meanwhile down south, ~50,000 new cases/day and ~1000 new deaths/day for that same period.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The difference here is that the grocery workers are not the ones who had to come up with reopening plans. The company did.

schools are govt property, that’s who needs to reopen, with input from the teachers. But I don’t understand why people are pointing fingers at teachers here
people love pointing fingers at the little guys, but will lick the boots of governments and corporation overlords

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
They are going literally with some changes ,like 2 breakers in an hour , to went the class rooms .
Online if the situation gets out of hand .
But school online poses a lot of problems because our poor people can't afford technology.
Simply put ,I think the government recognized they can't afford to wait it out.
Well, we are handing out computers and iPads at least in my district both of my kids got one. Nothing can replace learning AT SCHOOL.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This is a massive country. Nearly thousands of counties with each on different. Every school district is different in terms of sick and not sick. I'm glad some school districts are at least leaving it open to choice and not a blanket transaction across the entire nation. Older students can practice social distancing, teachers can enforce it in school. Have every student bring food and those that can't afford it can be provided a meal. There are so many options. We can't run from this forever. Some countries simply kept going.
do you expect those kids to practice social distancing when their parents at home call it bullshit because that’s what their president says?

I’m not saying not to open school, I’m saying plans are needed and the teachers are not who the onus is on

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Schools all across Canada open next week after labour day. But we’ve averaged under 10 deaths/day for almost 2 months. And under 500 new cases a day for months.

Meanwhile down south, ~50,000 new cases/day and ~1000 new deaths/day for that same period.
We have a lot of higher density populations all across the country how can it even be compared?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

in ontario at least, our premier said he wont hesitate to shut down schools if virus spread becomes too great.

but thats the difference. canada can afford to shut down if it spreads, because it will come up with incentives and ways to make online education work.

usa will never spend money like that on education.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
do you expect those kids to practice social distancing when their parents at home call it bullshit because that’s what their president says?

I’m not saying not to open school, I’m saying plans are needed and the teachers are not who the onus is on
lol if a student can't practice social distancing properly then they are sent home. How hard is it?

Students wear masks, then can wear a Plexiglas mask over that...half the class go to school on Monday, the other half Tuesday then switch it up the next week while the "home ones" can follow virtually. I mean, there are ways around this.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
lol if a student can't practice social distancing properly then they are sent home. How hard is it?

Students wear masks, then can wear a Plexiglas mask over that...half the class go to school on Monday, the other half Tuesday then switch it up the next week while the "home ones" can follow virtually. I mean, there are ways around this.
thats what they’re doing at the school a friend of mine is teaching, staggering students

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If parents want their kids to stay home that's their right, we are shelling out all this money to buy the tech for students why not give them that option? teachers can conduct class for students in the class AND have it broadcast for the kids that parents don't want to be sent to school. Give them the option.

- - - Updated - - -

thats what they’re doing at the school a friend of mine is teaching, staggering students
I heard its as happening in NJ and thought it was a great idea to at least try it. Our kids futures are at stake b/c we are "afraid" of something that's always going to be a part of our existence.

- - - Updated - - -

I mentioned earlier, one county here is allowing students to come in but their parents have to be with them. How retarded is that? The point is to let our kids learn well again and let parents go to work.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We have a lot of higher density populations all across the country how can it even be compared?
The same way republicans are comparing Sweden to America like they should be the example for how America goes about things lol

I read an article from some conservative jackass saying Sweden had done wonderful and couldn’t be compared to its neighbours with vastly lower death rates , Norway and Denmark, because it has 2X their Population. The moron then proceeded to compare Sweden to Italy (6X the population), the UK (7X), Spain (5X), USA (32X), to show that it had done a great job. :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)