'Murica! (1,006 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
A war would make him more likely to be re-elected
No it wont. That may be true in some circumstances but not these.

He cant do more than drop a few bombs and proclaim victory. Any sort of ground invasion or extended conflict will destroy his chances of reelection.

He wont have a friendly media lika obama did who ignored his drone striking civilians and tried to sell arab spring intervention as a good idea

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I still doubt it. The evangelical turds might support a war on islam but his alt right cult will turn on him once they see him doing the bidding of global jewry
The reasoning would be that "Iran is disrupting global oil market with violence", which unfortunately is a pretty damn good reason. a third of liquefied natural gas, and 20% of global oil production passes through strait of Hormuz.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

They could say anything. The only to resolve this is to disclose the entire document unredacted. Or, at the very least, have someone with clearly conflicting interests (think Democrats) read it.

Personally I think Trump has had some shady dealings with Russians. And Russians might have helped Trump in some (probably very limited) way. But even those two things don't necessarily mean they colluded.

None of it really matters anyway, because if Americans would vote for this guy again in 2020, all hope is lost for the US anyway. And that goes quite a bit further than whether or not the Donald colluded.
Watched Michael Moore's doc on Trump.
I would wait what happens after 2024 (if Trump somehow stay in power after 2 term's like Moore theorizes), then it really will be the end.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The reasoning would be that "Iran is disrupting global oil market with violence", which unfortunately is a pretty damn good reason. a third of liquefied natural gas, and 20% of global oil production passes through strait of Hormuz.
Of course Iran might test the resolve of the US but they will backpedal before actual conflict. We aren't the EU, we might actually do something.

I can't see why either country would actually want this to escalate to conflict, Iranian leaders have everything to lose and any sort of occupation or invasion (beyond launching missiles from the gulf) would be widely unpopular in the US at a very uncertain time when alternative candidates like Trump and Sanders are actually a part of the discussion in even the biggest elections we have.

likely the US will just park aircraft carriers out there as a message that something with the firepower to destroy your airforce and basically take over your country is just sitting right there if you try something. Maybe Iran, angry over the strong sanctions against them and the end of the nuclear deal, decided to roll the dice and test what we would do.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Of course Iran might test the resolve of the US but they will backpedal before actual conflict. We aren't the EU, we might actually do something.

I can't see why either country would actually want this to escalate to conflict, Iranian leaders have everything to lose and any sort of occupation or invasion (beyond launching missiles from the gulf) would be widely unpopular in the US at a very uncertain time when alternative candidates like Trump and Sanders are actually a part of the discussion in even the biggest elections we have.

likely the US will just park aircraft carriers out there as a message that something with the firepower to destroy your airforce and basically take over your country is just sitting right there if you try something. Maybe Iran, angry over the strong sanctions against them and the end of the nuclear deal, decided to roll the dice and test what we would do.
Usually most wars are avoidable if you act rationally. Then you see your national security adviser is a guy who wrote pieces like this:
The Legal Case for Striking North Korea First
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-legal-case-for-striking-north-korea-first-1519862374

So you have a unstable guy in the office, and a trigger happy as his NSA, and a country with back bent under sanctions with even crazier rulers. This scares the shit out of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Alabama's gonna Alabama.
It's 2019 folks, and Alabama just banned abortion in almost all cases.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Usually most wars are avoidable if you act rationally. Then you see your national security adviser is a guy who wrote pieces like this:
The Legal Case for Striking North Korea First
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-legal-case-for-striking-north-korea-first-1519862374

So you have a unstable guy in the office, and a trigger happy as his NSA, and a country with back bent under sanctions with even crazier rulers. This scares the shit out of me.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 2019 folks, and Alabama just banned abortion in almost all cases.
Great cause that’s what we need, more people from Alabama.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1005)